Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rescue question

erykah1310
December 7th, 2006, 11:04 AM
K quick simple question here.
What is a great thing to do for a rescue at christmas time? I have rounded up some pet supplies ( gently used) by placing a want ad and have quite a bit of good stuff ( litter boxes, bowls, leashes, collars, toys and so on) I am going to bring that stuff in this week. I am selling raffle tickets for them right now, but I want to do something else. I offered up a very short term foster relief during the holidays ( incase one of the fosteres have travelling to do in order to be with family and cant take their foster) and am waiting to hear back on that.
However, i still want to do something else???? Any ideas?:shrug:

Golden Girls
December 7th, 2006, 12:37 PM
It's all fantastic but the best would be to foster over the holidays ... both for the shelter and the lil guy with no home :pawprint:

Prin
December 7th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Good job so far Erykah. :) :highfive:

susieqt
December 7th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Cash donations are always appreciated, too.

rainbow
December 8th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Kudos to you Erykah. :angel: :highfive:

erykah1310
December 8th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Well the cash donation thing was a great idea, so i got a xmas card and hit my family and friends up for signatures with a small donation, upto $240 right now:thumbs up !!!
Still have a few more people to ask and see what they want to do.
I feel good now. Satisfied.
It just seemed that "something" was still missing from the christmas gift to the rescue who i have the rabbits with.

Frenchy
December 8th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Erykah, everything you have done so far is just great ! :highfive: :grouphug: It's really nice of you.

mafiaprincess
December 9th, 2006, 02:08 AM
That is so awesome..
On another forum some members put together a basket for a shelter pet locally, and when they give it to the shelter they are going to take pics to show their contribution. Kinda cool to do it as a group all helping needy animals.

mummummum
December 9th, 2006, 08:57 PM
What a lovely thing to do Erykah ~ you have a generous, kind heart.