Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jan 14th the big day :)

Rottielover
December 7th, 2006, 08:50 AM
At least for us. We will be trying ourselves out, to see what we need to work on for the big ring. We are registered for prenovice, first time in a ring, ever.
Does anyone know what I should expect. Have to say whatever happens, I am VERY proud of my boy, he has shown great enthusiasm for this sport.
Now it is for me to get over the first time jitters........

erykah1310
December 7th, 2006, 09:03 AM
I have no advice, but just wanted to say good luck and keep us ( me) posted!:thumbs up

Prin
December 7th, 2006, 02:51 PM
What ring? :o

Rottielover
December 7th, 2006, 03:03 PM
working towards the bigger OB ring...maybe a CD. we are doing prenovice...which in normal terms means the easier one, then we will do novice.
Once I am comfortable, we will actually start competing. :)..Since I do not breed, this is only for fun.....the lower the score, the more we need to practice on....But harleys trainer believes he is ready...Just must work on me, lol.
thank you erykah1310 we have been working REALLY hard, in hopes that one day I can have another rottie pup........need to work on this first :)

Prin
December 7th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Cool. Good luck! :)

~michelle~
December 7th, 2006, 03:06 PM
good luck !!!!!!!

OntarioGreys
December 7th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Goodluck and wish you luck!
I had one dog that was fantastic and would have easily moved up into advanced levels he was very much a natural but the problem was me I was too unco-ordinated with position of arms, hands, timing of giving signals paying attention to where dog is on relation to me, paying attention to what foot I am leading off on, stand straight, keep your head up and looking forward on etc, I really was surprised at just how difficult it is and how perfect owner timing and movement must be, If I had stuck with it long enough I am sure I would have eventually got it down pat, but the lessons were expensive and I was working fulltime and a mom as well so simply did not have enough spare time to dedicate

rainbow
December 8th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Good Luck to you and Harley. :thumbs up :fingerscr