Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Snow Crazies

Lise
December 6th, 2006, 07:24 PM
It has been snowing here for a few days,nice fluffy big snow.The gang is going crazy everyone is playing in it.We have cairn snowangels ,kind of of cool looking,Tessa and Nell crashed into eachother in the middle of a snowbank.It's warm enough for the chickens do be out so they are rolling around taking snowbaths even the guineas were out for a bit before they decided warm chicken house beats cold snow even if it is fun.Horses look so beautiful running in the snow,even Jack the old man joins in.Anyone else's gang enjoying the snow?

springermom0406
December 6th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Awww sounds like they are having a blast!!!

No snow here yet :(
We are waiting!!

wdawson
December 6th, 2006, 07:49 PM
our 1cm melted with the +4 and rain today......:sad:

hazelrunpack
December 6th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Our first foot of snow from November is already melted, and now we have a new fluffy inch on the ground, but it's hardly enough to play in :sad: We're all looking forward to another good storm--and it being cold enough to stick around afterward. :thumbs up

Sounds like your crew is having a ball, though. I had no idea that chickens liked to snow-bathe! That's my "one new thing" for the day :D

TMac
December 6th, 2006, 09:38 PM
We have a little bit now and Toby is going squirrelly! He is doing what we call his "crazy idiot running" in the backyard...picture a golden retriever running in circles over and over...butt tucked under...ears flappin in the wind..and showing the whites of his crazy eyes!! :crazy:

He loves the snow so much, he wants to go out every 5 minutes to play in the yard. There is no hope of him keeping a black nose with all the digging!

:D

rainbow
December 7th, 2006, 12:07 AM
We still have about 6 inches left from the dump we got. The dogs love it but I can't let them play in it together :sad: so I wish it would just go away and not come back until next year. :fingerscr

TeriM
December 7th, 2006, 12:09 AM
It has been snowing here for a few days,nice fluffy big snow.The gang is going crazy everyone is playing in it.We have cairn snowangels ,kind of of cool looking,Tessa and Nell crashed into eachother in the middle of a snowbank.It's warm enough for the chickens do be out so they are rolling around taking snowbaths even the guineas were out for a bit before they decided warm chicken house beats cold snow even if it is fun.Horses look so beautiful running in the snow,even Jack the old man joins in.Anyone else's gang enjoying the snow?

Pictures please!

TMac - sounds like Toby has a bad case of the "zoomies" :D .

Prin
December 7th, 2006, 12:18 AM
I'm with Hazel- never knew chickens played in the snow.:)

Kristin7
December 7th, 2006, 04:37 PM
How fun! I wish we had snow, but the stuff from this morning is already melted (less than an inch and it was our first snow). All my dog did was lick it up. He likes to watch it fall, though. Hopefully we'll get more soon!

PetFriendly
December 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Charley is loving the snow... Zoomies all around. At first he had to check out every corner of the yard to make sure it was all the same stuff, too funny. He digs it, he eats it, rolls in it, and most of all, tracks it in all over he house!

Oh ya, I should mention, its also poop-cicle season now... D'oh!

TMac
December 7th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Charley is loving the snow... Zoomies all around. At first he had to check out every corner of the yard to make sure it was all the same stuff, too funny. He digs it, he eats it, rolls in it, and most of all, tracks it in all over he house!

Oh ya, I should mention, its also poop-cicle season now... D'oh!

Shhhh, Petfriendly! Don't jinx it for Toby! So far this year he's left them alone....but I'm sure we'll be having a few poop-cicle problems very very soon..blech :yuck:

Tobes definitely loves the zoomies in winter!

PetFriendly
December 8th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Charley won't eat his own 'cicles, just the ones the neighbourhood cats and my boyfriend's dog leaves behind...