Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten's baby teeth?

melly051684
December 6th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I was just wondering if anyone who has a kitten can tell me approxamitly when their baby teeth should start falling out? Is there anything I should be doing in order to help with the process?

Just want to know your experience with it :)

thanks!
Melanie

heidiho
December 6th, 2006, 07:10 PM
You can do like my dad did to us tie a piece of string around it and tie it around a door handle....JUST KIDDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG JOKE JOKE JOKE :eek: :eek:

jiorji
December 6th, 2006, 07:38 PM
my kittie's fell out around 5-6 months..you can tell when she starts chewing on random stuff. I say it's best you don't help, you might make things worse. Let nature do its thing! Just make sure kitten doesn't chew on wires and anything else that's harmful, and teeth will come out when she eats her kibbles.

rainbow
December 7th, 2006, 03:25 AM
I agree.....just let nature take care of it and be careful of any accesible electrical wires.

melly051684
December 7th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the tips! I haven't really noticed him chewing too much... he does chew hard at times on my hand when i'm playing with him...but maybe that's just attitude lol Yeah I always make sure he's not chewing on cords, and when we are not home he's in a seperate room which doesn't have any power cords accessible and also because we don't want him alone with our too dogs (just in case!).

I'll keep a look out for them :)

MartiniGIrl
December 7th, 2006, 11:27 AM
let nature take its course with your kitty's teeth. I have a 7 month old kitten and I noticed that he had double teeth, the big ones on the left & right side (I forget what they're called). His sister's teeth were fine but he still had two. Then I checked a week or so later, and he was back to having just one. So I'm assuming they fell out easily on their own.