Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten eats plastic and vomits

Gondzo
December 6th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Hello guys :)
My name is Dimitar (24) and i'm from Bulgaria.

I have this question ...

My kitten has somehow reached the plastic bags with fish food ( amazing ) they are so high and eated parts of the bags.
Anyway ...

From my observations i can tell

The kitten vomited yesterday - 2 peaces of plastic
Today it vomited again - no plastic ... something like soop.
It was very very active and now it's only sleeping and not moving much.
It refuses to eat(catfood, other meals) and drink (milk or water)

The kitten is about 30 centimeters long. I don't know its age because i picked it up from the street.

Anyway ... My question is
Is it normal for the cat to stop eating or drinking after vomiting ?
Is it normal to stop being active ?

If you can please answer there so i can decide if i have to take her to a vet.
Or if it's normal what sings should i monitor to determin the cat gets better or worst.

Thank you :)

Hunter's_owner
December 6th, 2006, 07:34 AM
I think you should take the cat to the vet. The cat should especially be checked because you said you just picked her up off the street.

Gondzo
December 6th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Thanks i took her to the vet. The doctor gived her injection and put something in her mouth. She had temperature.
So now i have to wait for her to poop and to start drinking milk.

I hope she will be ok :{

jawert1
December 6th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks for taking her to the vet, if the plastic hasn't caused a blockage, she should start to perk up in a day or so. If she hasn't started to eat in the next day, please take her back in for an abdominal x-ray. This will show if she's got a blockage of some sort and your vet can give you directions as to what's next. Good luck and please let us know how she fares. :pawprint:

rainbow
December 6th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks for taking her to the vet and I hope she is going to be okay. :fingerscr

Also, most cats can not tolerate milk as it gives them diarrhea. Water should be left out at all times. Once she is better you are going to have to take her to the vet again for vaccinations and to be spayed.

Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr