Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Meet Moxy, the newest addition to our family!

Aimster
December 5th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Hello Everyone,

Meet Moxy! We rescued her today from one of the animal shelters in our city. She's a 3 month old Lab cross. She was abandoned by her previous owner and was picked up.

We had been planning on saving our money for an English Bulldog but once we started searching the Humane Society website and other shelters we decided to take a trip to our local one and that's where we found her. So we're putting the bullie on hold for a while and saving this cutie.

Any ideas on what else she might be?

erykah1310
December 5th, 2006, 10:37 PM
What a cutie! Thanks for rescueing !!!!:thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 5th, 2006, 10:46 PM
What a sweetheart! She looks like she's got a mischievous streak--look at that face! "I'm a fun girl!" :D

rainbow
December 5th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Awww....she sure is a sweetie. :cloud9: It's hard to tell what she's crossed with....border collie maybe. :shrug: You're an :angel: for rescuing her. :thumbs up

TeriM
December 6th, 2006, 01:29 AM
What a cutie :D . Looks older than 3 months to me though. Good luck with your new family member.

Prin
December 6th, 2006, 01:30 AM
She's adorable... Can you maybe take a pic of her teeth? :o

Aimster
December 6th, 2006, 06:07 AM
A picture of her teeth? I'll try to get a snap shot of her teeth for you Prin but she's squirmy and playful so it might take a bit of effort ha ha!

Hunter's_owner
December 6th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Oh my goodness, she is sooo cute. She looks very playful:D

Thanks for rescuing:thumbs up

Aimster
December 6th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Here you go Prin! A few nibbles later and I've got a few shots of her little daggers!

Melinda
December 6th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I'd have to go with lab/sheperd, she's identical to my Brina 3/4 lab 1/4 sheperd, and I'd give her 6 months

Brina at 6 months

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/Shelleyb15/P1010003.jpg

technodoll
December 6th, 2006, 11:08 AM
from http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1224/canineteeth.html

3-4 weeks Deciduous teeth coming in
6 weeks All deciduous teeth are in
3-5 months Permanent incisors coming in
5-6 months Permanent canines start to erupt and by end of 6 months are in
6-7 Last molar in lower jaw (M3) is in

Overall health and nutrition, sex, breed, and season of birth affect tooth eruption time. Females' teeth often erupt before those of males, and pups whelped in summer have teeth that erupt before those born in winter. All other factors being equal, teeth of large breeds of dogs tend to erupt more rapidly than those of small breeds. Some dogs, particularly those of small breeds, tend to retain their baby teeth as the adult ones erupt. These teeth have to be removed by a veterinarian when they prevent proper adult tooth placement.

seeing as your baby girl has all her adult incisors in place, she would be closer to the 4+ month old range IMO - what a pretty happy girl she is, too! :)

Frenchy
December 6th, 2006, 11:24 AM
lab mixt with cuteness...:D thanks for rescuing her! :thumbs up

Caney
December 6th, 2006, 02:05 PM
moxy is adorable, and so is brina

am really glad she found a good home,

:)

Stacer
December 6th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Moxy!:p :D

normag
December 6th, 2006, 07:29 PM
What a litle love, looks like she is full of mischiefe, I think your life is gonna be quite lively for the next little while. Good for you for rescuing her Im sure she will make you glad you did.