Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Years Resolutions

LavenderRott
December 5th, 2006, 08:43 PM
So, in a few short months the last ten years of my life will become irrelevant and I am at a bit of a loss. While concentrating on being a significant other and then a wife - it seems that I got lost in the shuffle. Last night my daughter told me that I needed to worry less and have more fun. But I have forgotten how and neglected friendships so I have no local friends to turn to for help.

Now that you are all depressed - SMILE. It is a new chapter in my not so new life

So - I thought that a poll might be a great idea to find out what others are resolving to do in the new year and maybe we can help each other out.

So - I need to lose weight and get into shape. Thirty pounds to be exact.

I need to either find a new job or start my dog walking business.

There is the matter of finding something "fun" to do that I enjoy.

I want to get a puppy, raise it and train it to compete in Obedience venues.

I'll toss in a couple of other things just for fun. FYI - I have absolutely no plans to stop smoking and anyone suggesting it will be shot!

Stacer
December 5th, 2006, 08:51 PM
You and I have similar goals for the new year. Lose weight, eat better and find a new job. I could stand to lose 30 lbs myself. I don't know how it got on my body but I want it off. It's definitely hard to accomplish weight loss goals when you don't have buddies to motivate you. I live with my man in a city where we both know no one, he's skinny as a rail and has no interest in the gym, therefore I have no one to motivate me and go to the gym with, it sucks. On that note, good luck to you!:D

Frenchy
December 5th, 2006, 09:09 PM
I would like to work less hours so I could rescue more dogs.:fingerscr

Byrd
December 5th, 2006, 09:28 PM
You forgot one: "I don't make new years resolutions"

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 5th, 2006, 09:38 PM
I choose the first three and the last one - I quit smoking Feb 22 of this year -so almost one year for me - I also want to lose about 5 or 10 pounds and eat better and have more fun - we can never have enough fun :crazy: :D

meb999
December 5th, 2006, 09:46 PM
all of the above (except stop smoking....I did that last summer...again!)

this is my biggy : don't let grades determine my self-worth :o

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 11:32 PM
:grouphug: for lavenderrott. It's a new beginning! You're a single girl again, with all the hottie, highly-trained divorced men on the market.:D

But yeah, find yourself first (and IMO, that doesn't involve changes... just getting to know you better first... you know?).

I'm not saying what I picked because it won't happen.:D

rainbow
December 5th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Psssst.......Prin picked "add another dog". :D :thumbs up

LavenderRott
December 6th, 2006, 12:06 AM
:grouphug: for lavenderrott. It's a new beginning! You're a single girl again, with all the hottie, highly-trained divorced men on the market.:D

But yeah, find yourself first (and IMO, that doesn't involve changes... just getting to know you better first... you know?).

I'm not saying what I picked because it won't happen.:D

Please - there is no such thing as a "highly-trained" man! And they are divorced for a reason - do you really think they are going to tell me the real reason why?

Thanks, but I will stick with a highly trainable bouvier puppy. :D

Prin
December 6th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Psssst.......Prin picked "add another dog". :D :thumbs up

What?! :eek: am I going to have to call you "Mme Rainbow" now? lol

meb999
December 6th, 2006, 12:54 AM
What?! yeah , that one was reeeeeeal hard to figure out!! :D

Hunter's_owner
December 6th, 2006, 08:10 AM
I picked eat better, have more fun and hope to get another dog.
If we get our promised reclassification at work, which would mean a "substantial" increase in pay, then I could afford to get my own place, and with that I hope I would be able to take Cassie;s brother Jack. My uncle has him and her two sisters now, but he is pretty sick still, so is finding it real hard to take care of all the beagles. So I really would like to be able to take Jack:fingerscr and this would let me "have more fun", :D

Kristin7
December 6th, 2006, 08:38 AM
I picked everything but get another dog and stop smoking. But that doesn't rule out possibly getting another cat! However, my friends have warned me not to, as they seem to think I have 'crazy cat lady' potential. I only have 2! How many cats does it take to get to 'crazy cat lady' status? Anyway, recently I realized I do nothing fun anymore, with the exception of hang out w/ my animals. I hate my job and want to move, but am overwhelmed by things I have to do to get to that point (mostly house-related). Since moving here, I've gained weight and have lost my 'in-shapeness'. I've lost touch with many friends and am just not happy anymore. Also, my relationship with my boyfriend is bad and not getting any better, but can't seem to get rid of him. Just lonely, I guess... Somehow, even though I'm not married, I have lost that happy person I was only a few years ago, so can relate a bit. Normally I dont' make resolutions, but it seems that things have to change. Good luck to all of us!

Rottielover
December 6th, 2006, 09:30 AM
I voted have more fun....Being a single mom with a rottweiler takes all my time. no time to go out, and do things for me....
Well guess what. I am, darn it.....I have a new job that I love ( no stress) I have my sanity back....Harley has made a 100% improvement. IE I have more control with the training...
I am doing things for me.
Mind you doing OB is fun for me too, works out great for both.
I will have fune...I will have fun.
By the way I am not taking Maya...........need more time for me, not less

happycats
December 6th, 2006, 10:03 AM
All of the above:) except quit smoking (I did that in January 1999 as my resolution)

normag
December 6th, 2006, 10:39 AM
I can never keep them so I dont make them anymore.

Dog Mom
December 6th, 2006, 10:56 AM
I picked lose weight............I've packed on some poundage during my pregnancy :D

Rick C
December 6th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Run four or five half marathons and a few 10 km races . . . . first half marathon in the cold of February coming up. That'll probably be a crawl but the rest of the year I'll be trying to get my speed back up to the respectable level I had before my knees were giving me trouble for a few years.

If you run, you lose a lot of weight. Through the summer I lost 16 pounds. Probably another five to ten pounds will fall off if I do the running thing above.

Take six weeks off . . . . I have to seriously make this a goal every year as I tend to forget to take time off.

Certain lofty business goals that I won't get into here . . . but revolve around continuing to restructure my business to more automatic, recurring revenues and higher margins. More lucrative and better for clients frankly.

Same level of hiking in the mountains with Abby and Keeper as last year . . . . we put 45,000 km on the Durango last year!!! Lots of trips to the mountains.

Post less on internet message boards. :fingerscr :sick:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Hunter's_owner
December 6th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Post less on internet message boards. :fingerscr :sick:

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

No:eek: I would really miss your pictures:o

Prin
December 6th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Me too! :sad:

Rick C
December 6th, 2006, 03:16 PM

Well, not necessarily on this board . . . . I love to debate hockey and political topics of the day QUITE A LOT TOOOO MUCH on another board but I've broken my addiction the last year . . . . although I still get the shakes sometimes as the competitive juices kick in.

Collossal, collossal time-waster.

Posting pictures takes no time at all.

Therefore, let us all stand arm in arm beside our shadows under the Chinook Arch in the waning light of day . . . and make our resolutions.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0499-edit1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
December 6th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Wow, I love that one.:cloud9:

LibbyP
December 6th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Like others I have lost myself somewhere in the being a good wife, a good mother etc...I have been really sick (with hives) for anyone who has touched stingy nettle(ws) I live like this 24/7 something the Dr. cannot figure out for over a year trust me I am not a pretty sight. I am not contagious they just cannot figure it out :sad: , :frustrated: I don't enjoy going/doing things you are supposed to do as a mom with my kids as I don't want people to stare (ie swimming) so my resolution is to figure out WTF is wrong and fix it!!!!! I do work out as hubby did get his home gym and I love it :) I plan to do fun things for myself and family, in general I want to start taking some time for me, put on some make-up, get my hair done, all around feel better and I think once I feel better about myself it will show outwards :thumbs up

I think we'd all miss RickC's pics ~ they are wonderful!

Kristin7
December 6th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Great pic, Rick! It makes me want to move even more...

rainbow
December 7th, 2006, 03:31 AM

Me too, Rick....and that last one was terrific. :thumbs up