Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

mouse dead from decon, dog ate it, is it bad?

PetDogSammy
December 5th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Ok, my 9 or 10 year old rat terrior sammy partially ate a mouse that had died from decon poisoning. Not sure exactly how much of mouse ingested, but "a few bites" is what my son tells me from having found the dog eating this mouse. Dog was hot and shaking but seems to be fine now, an hour later. Will decon harm my pet and should I be getting him to the vet?

mafiaprincess
December 5th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Call the vet and ask them if your dog should be brought in. Likely should have called an hour ago though. Things like poison are easier to treat in the beginning, not as much later.

erykah1310
December 5th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Definately call in and see what they say, better to do it asap though.

Pike
December 5th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Your dog requires immediate veterinary assistance, which cannot be given via the internet. Please use a new thread with updates once your pet has been given the proper care by a professional.