- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


How to Bringing your pets into China
December 5th, 2006, 12:22 AM
How to Bringing your pets into China

Before going to China

To bring your pet into China you will need two certificates:
1. The Vaccination Certificat
This certificate holds the information that all injections are up-

to-date. All the vaccinations should be taken within 16 days of

departure. The Vaccination Certification could consist of multiple

vaccination certificates; this depends on the kind of animal you

would like to bring into China.

2. The Health Certificate
A veterinarian in your home country should issue this certificate.

There is no standard form for China so your veterinarian should use

the international certificate. This certificate should be issued no

more than 16 days prior to your departure. Obtain multiple copies as

you will also need copies for your airline.

Arriving in China
When you arrive in Beijing you will have to declare your pet at the

Customs Department.

Take your pet, fee and certificates to the Customs & Immigration

Plant and Quarantine office at the airport. You will be charged

RMB1026, the certificates will be examined and customs will give you

a stamped document allowing you to bring your pet in. Note that

there is a mandatory 30 days quarantine period. You can not keep

your pet with you at home for this period. Quarantine officers will

come and inspect your pet during the 30 day period, and charge a

small nominal fee.

The regulations are as follows
All Dogs, whether bought locally or imported from outside China

through a full quarantine, are required by law to be licensed. Any

foreign national, irrespective of whether holding a residents'

permit or not, cannot register the dog themselves, it must be

registered using the ID Card of a Local Chinese.
The more detail please see "How to Register Your Dog in Beijing"

Cats must be vaccinated against Enteritis (E3) within 12 months of

arrival into China . You will need a certificate for Feline

Panleucopania, and Feline Respatory Disease Complex Vaccinations.
General tips

You will need to check with your local vet / government dept about

getting most of the documentation mentioned above.

It could be of big help to have a (simplified) Chinese translation

made of these documents when you arrive. The Chinese embassy in your

country may be able to help, or provide details of a translator in

your area. Make sure that the translations are certified copies.

Check with your local authorities what are the procedures of

bringing back your pet to your home country. For some countries

bringing out your pet is easier than bringing back your pet.

Check with your airline if they allow you to bring your pet.

Always check with the nearest Chinese embassy for the latest updates

for the rules and regulations for bringing your pet to China.

For more information, please visit our website: