Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Candi had an accident!

Jackie467
December 4th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Well Friday Candi had an accident at work. We're not entirely sure what happened. We all bring our dogs to work and the new girl brought her Bischon to work, he is very hyper and ill behaved. So far he has marked on my purse and a stack of my work papers requireing me to re do them. He also chewed one of my sandles and my manicure set. He has also chewed many other things in the office that aren't mine. Well on Friday he and Candi were playing like they always do. Suddenly she comes running in and there is a hole in her side along her ribs. Because she is an IG she has low body fat and her skin is like tissue paper. Her skin started to rip so the little hole about the size of a pen became about the size of a half dollar in less than five minutes. Of course I rushed her to the vet and they stitched her up. now she has stitches all the way up her side. So she's on antibiotics and pain meds. The new worker was nice enough to pay for the vet, but I think I'm going to give her half because I just don't feel right about her paying for the whole thing.

I'm not really looking for advice so much as just venting in a way. It irritates me that her dog is so badly behaved and yet she still brings him, meanwhile if any of ours dogs behaved that way our boss wouldn't let us bring them anymore. I just feel so bad for Candi right now. Poor baby has to wear an e-collar when we can't watch her for 14 days.

jiorji
December 4th, 2006, 10:22 PM
awww poor baby. Hope she gets better soon. give her lots of kissies:cloud9:

~michelle~
December 4th, 2006, 10:24 PM
poor thing..... get better ... sloppy kisses from my crew to her.

rainbow
December 4th, 2006, 11:18 PM
So sorry to hear about Candi. :grouphug:

It irritates me that her dog is so badly behaved and yet she still brings him, meanwhile if any of ours dogs behaved that way our boss wouldn't let us bring them anymore.

I don't understand why the new girl is allowed to bring her ill behaved dog to work if your boss wouldn't allow you to. :confused:

greaterdane
December 4th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Poor girl. Heres to a speedy recovery.:grouphug:

OntarioGreys
December 5th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Sorry about Candi, your definitely right about their skin being like tissue paper and the skin sagging and tearing more can be a big headache, but as long as the wound has no underlying tissue damaging you can prevent it from sagging and tearing more and save yourself the vet visit, anything typically the size of the $0.25 or smaller I clean with saline solution and pat with tissue to absorb any moisture holding the lower edge up to prevent sagging til the hair from clean is dry. then using the stickiest white medical tape I can find I tape the lower and upper edge together leaving a tiny bit of corner exposed so I can see the wound to make sure no infection is developing. In 5 days will remove the tape covering the surface with mineral oil and waiting a few minutes for it the absorb into the bandage it will help to loosen the adhesive if necessary I work a bit underneath the bandage so I am not pulling any skin or hair

Anything bigger or if underlying tissue damage has occured especially punctures a vet should tend to

hazelrunpack
December 5th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I hope Candi recovers quickly! :fingerscr The Pack sends good vibes and all the healing power of 24 crossed :pawprint: s!

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Poor doggy! :fingerscr for a speedy recovery. :grouphug:

Jackie467
December 5th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks so much for the well wishes. Candi seems to be healing very well and very quickly. She did manage to pull one stitch out but you wouldn't even be able to tell if you didn't know how many she had before. I called the vet and she said that as long as it doesn't start to bleed or weep that it should be fine.
I don't understand why the new girl is allowed to bring her ill behaved dog to work if your boss wouldn't allow you to.
My co-works and I don't understand it either. The only thing we can think of is my boss loooooves fluffy dogs and none of ours are except her bischon. I wouldn't like to think that's the reason but who knows.:shrug: