Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Picture of our new gal CJ and our old boy Yukon!

socmoe
December 3rd, 2006, 09:45 PM
We picked up CJ yesterday and we absolutely love her!!! Yukon is wonderful with her (he turns 13 next week and he is so patient with his "baby sister" as my husband calls CJ!) We all are having so much fun and we have been leaving her in the family room for varying amount of times (the most is 15 minutes so far) and she is doing great with it. A few times she started to scratch the door so we let her out. We have taken tons of walks and lots of play in the backyard with Yukon as well. CJ loves affection and cuddling which all of us do as well so it is working out! We have also been giving her many opportunites for alone time (very casually - we just elave the family room - sometimes she comes looking for us but many times will be okay for ten minutes or so). I will keep you all updated and thanks for all of the support - it has helped so very much and I have learned so much about dogs since joining this board.

P.S. I am aware this could be a "honeymoon period" but am prepared if it is and we will go from there!

Maureen

Byrd
December 3rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
She is cute! :love:

Are those stitches?

hazelrunpack
December 3rd, 2006, 10:02 PM
She is a doll! Very pretty. Best of luck with the separation issues. She looks like a sweetie!

Skryker
December 3rd, 2006, 10:04 PM
Beautiful furkids! Congrats on your new addition and good luck.:fingerscr

mummummum
December 3rd, 2006, 10:41 PM
What a beautiful furfamily. She looks like she has a couple of owwee's. She okay ? I'm glad she's settling in nicely.

socmoe
December 3rd, 2006, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! yes, they are stitches. On Tuesday she had 3 growths removed and biposied. Fortunately they were all benign and the stitches will be taken out on Wednesday. We have had to put on the ecollar off and on this weekend because she has tried to lick the stitches. When she is snuggling with us, she is fine but by herself, she starts to lick so the ecollar goes back on. Maureen

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2006, 10:57 PM
Good to hear they are :love: with eachother. But we will need more pics to make sure :rolleyes:

socmoe
December 3rd, 2006, 11:12 PM
Here are some more....My 6 yr old daughter wrapped CJ up in an afghan and laid down next to her. I snapped the picture thinking they were both asleep but Briana later said she just pretended she was asleep so CJ would take her nap!

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
awwww, a little girl and her dog ! So cute and considerate of your daughter to wrapped a blanckie around CJ ! :cloud9:

mummummum
December 3rd, 2006, 11:27 PM
Brianna ~ what a good 2-legger you are ! And very pretty ~ that's a definitely a "keeper" picture for the memory books.

rainbow
December 4th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Beautiful family you have both fur and non-fur. :D Fingers crossed that CJ recovers well. :fingerscr

Hunter's_owner
December 4th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Great pics. The puppy is sooo cute. So glad to hear that everything is going well:)

chico2
December 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Another happy ending story:thumbs up
So glad everything is working out with CJ,they are both pretty dogs.
Yukon has that wise-old-dog-face we all love:love:

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Such pretty doggies! Congrats on the new addition.:)

~michelle~
December 5th, 2006, 07:57 AM
they are so cute, any updates on the separaton anxiety? how is she doing? greeat to hear the pups are getting along

jessi76
December 5th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I'm sooo happy to hear it's working out so well! you have a beautiful family! I hope we get to see much more of them!