Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help my husky is peeing involuntarily

amandaslim
December 3rd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Hi,my name is amanda and i have 4 dogs. I have a husky with some major behavoiral problems to start with. I own a huge property but she wont stay home.when i was greeted by a neighbor with a gun I quickly responded with electric fence all kinds of things but nothing worked. she loves to run. any way the turky is now chained to a tire so if she gets out she cant get far,not my intention to tie her up with this property but rather that than have her shot. Ok the problem is she broke her collar and took off last night my kids were sleeping so i couldnt leave to find her (she never goes far)non the less
i cant leave the little ones alone. she came home this morning with her accomplis (my other dog ginger) they were tired and hungry ginger was bleeding from her foot (cut pad) but blue is now peeing with out noticing.
on the couch floor she doesnt notice i dont know what to do please help should i go to the vet? or call and ask ? i have my own kids work and my sisters kids as she is in hospital i need help. she is not quit a year yet either
and she is spayed ( 6 months old )
:confused: :confused: :fingerscr :shrug:

jesse's mommy
December 3rd, 2006, 04:20 PM
First I want to welcome you to the forum, but I want to forewarn you that there will probably some ill responses to your post. First, yes you need to take both dogs to the vet. We are not vets here, only pet loving people. No one here can diagnose your pet for you. Second, you need to keep your dogs in the house with you and not leave them unaccompanied outside. They are your responsibility, just as your kids are and they need you to watch out for them. There are too many dangers out there that it's not worth the risk. Please never chain your dogs outside and never let them run free. It's just not safe for them.

OntarioGreys
December 3rd, 2006, 04:28 PM
You need to put up a physical fence to restrain her, or take her out on leash only, if she is bothering farmers livestock or becoming a nuisance to other rural neighbours they do have a legal right in Canada to shoot her, it is your responsibility to make sure she is staying on your property. And yes a vet visit is inorder along with taking in a fresh mid stream urine sample (it can be refrigerated for a couple hours if needed

mummummum
December 3rd, 2006, 10:22 PM
Agree completely with both jesse's mommy and OntarioGreys. Please get Blue to the Vet asap for a urine check and Ginger to have her pad looked at and flushed if needed. This isn't something to put off because of time or expense ~ it will only get worse and be far more expensive for you if you delay. Do let us know what happens with both after your Vet visit.

If a physical fence surrounding your entire property is not within your means at this time, I know that others here have constructed large, enclosed dog runs ~ something to consider.

rainbow
December 3rd, 2006, 10:28 PM
I agree with the others. I have huskies and they need to be in a fenced yard. Also, your husky likely has a urinary tract infection or possibley spay incontinence. Please take her to the vet and post with an update. :fingerscr

~michelle~
December 4th, 2006, 09:34 AM
huskys love to run, an electric fence will not stop them, they wll evetually find out theyonly have vendure a few seconds of pain for them to be able to run as far as they want, for them it is worth it. you need a physical fence there, and they cannot be left unattended for long periods of time in the backyard, they will dig out. Huskys are attenton hogs and love to be with their people.
having your dog tied to a tire will do more damage than good for them.
the others are right: your dogs need to see a vet immediately