Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Prin injured

catsnatcher-CDN
December 3rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
Hi All

Prin's beautiful oversized dog BOO jumped and smashed into her face (not maliciously) when she was reaching for a toy. The impact has left Prin with a bloody broken nose, a trip to the emergency and out of commission for at least the next few days.

It may be a while before she's back.

Take care of yourself Prin and keep us all posted on your recovery!

Hunter's_owner
December 3rd, 2006, 05:17 PM
Oh my goodness Prin...that is horrible:(
Hope you feel better soon:fingerscr
:grouphug: :grouphug:

technodoll
December 3rd, 2006, 05:22 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!! nooooooooooooo! :sad: :eek: :(

what a horrible, stupid accident! dear prin we all send you healing :grouphug: and gentle beanie kissies (on your hand only), i hope you got treated well at the emergency.. i cannot imagine what having a broken nose feels like, you'll have to tell me how bad it is... hope you'll be clear enough to still post. we miss you!! :grouphug:

cpietra16
December 3rd, 2006, 05:25 PM
I wish you a speedy recovery. We sure will miss you on the board..:grouphug:

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
:eek: My fear of all injuries....so sorry Prin ! Hope your recover fast ! Take care of yourself. Hope you be able to post soon.

Puppyluv
December 3rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
ooooooooo prin, get better soon, broken noses are not fun :(:grouphug:

rainbow
December 3rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
OH NO !!! .....sorry to hear that. :grouphug: It won't be the same here without you. ;) Hope you feel better soon. :grouphug:

Byrd
December 3rd, 2006, 06:09 PM
gentle beanie kissies (on your hand only),

Kisses for Boo too, he probably feels so guilty, the poor guy. :(

GET WELL SOON PRIN!!! :grouphug:

~michelle~
December 3rd, 2006, 06:15 PM
feel better soon :fingerscr broken noses suck.... i know

mummummum
December 3rd, 2006, 06:18 PM
Awwww Prin do gonka peh dawgin ligh did agin. :grouphug:

Didn't you smash your nose before ?!? Poor kiddo. :sorry: Gentle hugs and sloppy air kisses from all of us to you and the poor old Boo.

Owwwweee...owwwweeeee....owwwweeee.:pawprint: :grouphug: :pawprint:

jiorji
December 3rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
:eek: that sounds horrible

get well fast Prin

jesse's mommy
December 3rd, 2006, 06:40 PM
Feel better soon. :grouphug: I would send hugs from Jesse, but my little mac truck in training might hurt you more with her clumsy tendencies. :o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 3rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Oh no :eek: I am so sorry - I hope you get better soon - Boo didnt mean too I am sure :(

I think you have a good excuse now not to take the call centre job. :)

Get better soon :grouphug:

Jackie and Joey:dog:

Tommysmom
December 3rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Awww, get better soon! Your poor furbaby must feel awful too... here's hoping you both get lots and lots of cuddles:grouphug:

mesaana
December 3rd, 2006, 06:56 PM
Oh Prin, what a silly accident!! Take good care of yourself :grouphug:

TeriM
December 3rd, 2006, 06:57 PM
Oh no :( , how horrible for Prin (and Boo of course) :grouphug: . Get better soon, we will miss you.

meb999
December 3rd, 2006, 06:59 PM
Oh no!! Poor Prin :(

I hope you feel better soon....:fingerscr :fingerscr

brandynva
December 3rd, 2006, 07:08 PM
Aww, hope you're feeling better soon. We're all thinking of you here and I know Roscoe wants you well soon so you can talk me into giving him more cookies. :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
December 3rd, 2006, 07:36 PM
Aw, Prin...owie! :sad: The Pack sends magic healing setter spittle (they have a lot to spare, so don't worry about us running short) to help mend that owie nose. They wanted to deliver it in person, but I figured you were already having a bad day... :grouphug:

Get better soon! Four hands of :fingerscr and 24 crossed :pawprint: s sending you healing vibes!

Skryker
December 3rd, 2006, 09:01 PM
:grouphug: Oh, owwie! Poor Prin! :grouphug: I'm sure Boo will bring you lots of socks to help you feel better.

(My husband sends condolences and commiserations, too. He's got a 3 inch scar running through one eyebrow from a similar mishap-a collision of Great Dane noggin and and his face-years ago. :( ).

OntarioGreys
December 3rd, 2006, 09:34 PM
Get better soon, Prin, had a similiar incident when I tried to give Callie a hug and ended up hugging her and causing her to panic, rearing up smacking into my facem dam@ they have hard noggins :o which split my mouth open ended up with a bloody nose and looked like a raccoon for a couple weeks till the bruising subsided.

Is she having to stay in the hospital for surgery on the nose ????

susieqt
December 3rd, 2006, 10:02 PM
Oh, what a nightmare! Last night, my big oversized mixed lab pawed me hard in the eye and I thought my eye was really damaged, but it is fine today. So sorry you were not so lucky, Prin. Best wishes for a speedy recovery (on a brighter note, at least it didn't happen on Christmas day....)

pamha
December 3rd, 2006, 10:02 PM
Wow, it must be really bad to keep Prin from posting herself!

Hope you heal quickly! I know everyone is missing you

HunterXHunter
December 3rd, 2006, 10:35 PM
ow...that must've hurt :(

get better soon tho! :grouphug:

Rick C
December 4th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Hi All

Prin's beautiful oversized dog BOO jumped and smashed into her face (not maliciously) when she was reaching for a toy. The impact has left Prin with a bloody broken nose, a trip to the emergency and out of commission for at least the next few days.

It may be a while before she's back.

Take care of yourself Prin and keep us all posted on your recovery!

I'll bet that hurt . . . . :sick:

Hope you get better soon Prin.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

phoenix
December 4th, 2006, 08:43 AM
OOOOH NO~
I hope you feel better soon Prin... Best wishes for a speedy recovery

happycats
December 4th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Get well soon:sick:
This is when you need a laptop, to keep in touch with us!:D

joeysmama
December 4th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Oh no !!!

I got a whack on the nose from an overzealous shih tzu and it hurt like the Dickens. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to take a Boo to the brain !!

We'll miss you while you're gone !

chico2
December 4th, 2006, 09:17 AM
OH NOOOO:yell: What a painful OWIE....,poor Prin,we'll certainly miss you:sad:
But I bet a broken nose,a black eye or broken fingers,we'll have our Prin back in notime still:fingerscr http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif

BusterBoo
December 4th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Ouch! Get better soon Prin! :grouphug:

Dog Mom
December 4th, 2006, 09:27 AM
AWWWWW Prin.............big loves from me and the fur babies :grouphug:

jawert1
December 4th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Gosh Prin, feel better soon, big hugs from Simon and Peaches!!! :grouphug:

Simon says he hopes they didn't put one of these on you:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/persephonesdoll/SimonCollar.jpg

Scott_B
December 4th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Get well soon Prin :thumbs up

jessi76
December 4th, 2006, 10:59 AM
oh no!! Prin, hope you feel better soon!!! we'll miss you while you're recooping... hope you come back soon!

CyberKitten
December 4th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Oh dear, sorry to hear this - I hope you put lots of ice on it first so it's not too swollen. Take care of yourself!!!

technodoll
December 4th, 2006, 01:21 PM
hey guys, prin says a big thank-you for all your well-wishes and they must be working, she might be back tomorrow if all goes well :thumbs up She still needs to give her eyes a break and there is still pain and swelling, but she'll live :D Now we all can see how the board slows down when she's away... those 30+ posts a day make a heckuva difference! LOL

:grouphug: get well, hun!

rainbow
December 4th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah, it's amazing the ripple effect those 30+ posts a day have. :D

Stacer
December 4th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Jeez Louise, Boo must have a football tackle. I know a good plastic surgeon if you need one!:D Heal good Prin.

Dog Dancer
December 4th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Oh no - Prin has a Boo boo-boo now!

Get better quick Prin, we're missing you. See now if you had to go to work you'd have quite the story to tell them wouldn't you???

wdawson
December 4th, 2006, 04:54 PM
ouch.....hope you heal fast.......take care

papillonmama
December 4th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Get better soon Prin!:)

x.l.r.8
December 4th, 2006, 06:55 PM
:sorry: but do we not get to ask for pictures (OK i'm an ICU nurse, what can I say). that really sucks, hope all settles down soon and we will see you back on the boards shortly, till then get well soon (no point being sick unless your well enough to enjoy it). Rileys sends out a big lick, I'll offer a hug as i'm better trained. :grouphug:
:fingerscr for a quick recovery.

rainbow
December 4th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Oh, I agree.....we need pics Prin pleeeeze. :D Do hope you are feeling better. :fingerscr

happycats
December 4th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Me too!! Pic's please.....we want to see your Boo Boo!:D

Jackie467
December 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Oh no. I hope your feeling better prin. :grouphug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 4th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Hey Prinster hope your feeling better today then yesterday - cant wait to have you back. :grouphug:

meb999
December 4th, 2006, 07:48 PM
When I was in high school I secretly wanted to have my nose broken...so it could be re-fixed properly :D
Now I'm such a big woosy wuss, that I'd rather stay with my big honker!!

Hope you feel better today, Prin!

Frenchy
December 4th, 2006, 07:49 PM
:sorry: but do we not get to ask for pictures

I was thinking the same thing. And how come nobody's asking how Boo is doing :rolleyes: I was thinking Prin, if you need reconstructive surgery on your nose, I will send you a pic of mine because it's so perky and cute,they can do one like mine for you, I don't mind. We could be nose twins :D Get well soon ! We miss you. Hope it's not too painful, altough, pain killers can be fun if you get the right ones :eek: :D .

erykah1310
December 4th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Wow, i hope you have a speedy recovery Prin....:grouphug:

AliSam
December 4th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Oh wow Prin! I sure hope you get better soon. Boo must feel so bad! Speedy recovery. I know we will see you back soon.

~michelle~
December 4th, 2006, 09:37 PM
frenchy can i be your nose twin too.... i dont like mine at all ,i was clumsy as a child, actually i still am, not i have a big wonky honker_ i have always dreamed of a cute nose, its the only thing i would seriously consider changing if i had the $$

Prin
December 4th, 2006, 11:32 PM
http://foolstown.com/sm/cry2.gif Aww shucks. Thanks everybody. I'm better today... Still fragile, but hopefully I'll be able to get through the 107 new posts you guys left on the board.:D

What a bad weekend though, eh? Yesterday, we went to the ER, where the wait time was 10 hours, so the nurse basically sent us home and told us to go to a clinic today. We got to a clinic about 20 minutes before it opened and there was already an 8 hour wait. :eek: So we went to two other clinics before heading to my dentist appointment (my man got tortured instead of me though, so that worked out). And then I told my dentist about what was going on with my nose, and he sent me for the xray.

They also referred me to another doctor, but he was closed, so I went to another hospital that was supposed to be better. I was "next" in line for about 40 minutes. :frustrated: People kept FAKING (!!!!) chest pains to get ahead of me in line. It was unbelievable. When the girl who was after me in line started plotting to puke all over to get ahead of me, I left. I was so annoyed. What kind of world is this? I mean, it's just a broken nose, but still- if I'm worse than you, you have to wait! :yell:

Anyway, so now I have my xrays, and the report says I have a fracture at the tip of the nasal bone, but I don't know what to do with that. It's in line (almost) and straight, so I figure I'll just wait and see.

In the xray, you can see all the tiny fractures that healed on the outer bones of my nose too, from previous breaks... hehe

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/IMG_4506.jpg

Thanks for the well wishes everybody. You're all such a boost. :cloud9:

erykah1310
December 4th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I dont see anything Prin, but glad you're ok...
(xrays and ultrasounds are like channel 1 to me :o )

rainbow
December 4th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Glad you're feeling better. :highfive: That was quite the ordeal trying to see a doctor but, then, it sucks everywhere. :frustrated:

Only 107 posts ? ....that should boost your total by 1000. :D

How many time have you broken your nose? :eek:

Prin
December 4th, 2006, 11:45 PM
lol erykah, you see the bone that goes halfway down the front of my nose? The end of it is broken... Like the last 5mm or so...

Rainbow... I think around 2 or 3 times so far... :o

erykah1310
December 4th, 2006, 11:51 PM
ahh that little " tick " off the end there! Thanks Prin! Crap that must have hurt!! How's your eyes?

Prin
December 4th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah, it hurt. And I have never seen so much blood in my life. Not to get too graphic but it was like a tap... just endless and totally unbelievable. I probably went through 1/2 a roll of paper towel in 5-10 mins.....<-- don't read that if you get queasy easily. ;)

I broke it at 2:30 and it finally stopped bleeding completely at around 10 last night.

My eyes are sensitive as is, from a really bad concussion about 6 years ago, and I just didn't want to risk damaging them by reading too much. I did lurk, so I'm not tooo far behind. lol

jiorji
December 5th, 2006, 12:01 AM
i got punched in the nose once by this guy in elementary school and no blood.

how come you kept getting bumped at the hospital with a bleeding nose?!?!? that's so ignorant of people.

jiorji
December 5th, 2006, 12:02 AM
actually you should've taken the kleenex off the nose and let it bleed and see how fast the lineup would've cleared:evil:

hazelrunpack
December 5th, 2006, 12:10 AM
I think jiorji's onto something there! A nice pool of blood would certainly have shortened some lines! :eek:

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 12:14 AM
lol yeah, no.:D I was the biggest side-show in the first ER we went to, and I didn't get bumped up.:D For some reason, when I was really bleeding (outside), I felt the need to catch the blood in my hand (to prevent it from staining the brand new snow, I guess), and so my hand was just covered in blood when we got to the ER....:o Still, no faster.:D

rainbow
December 5th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Should have let it drip all over the counter/desk when you went up to give your information. :evil:

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 12:25 AM
lol yeah. Too bad my man wouldn't let me in the car till the bulk stopped.:D

Funny because he didn't know where to go, so I was giving him directions while I was bleeding and "ow-ing".:D

rainbow
December 5th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Hee hee....typical man.....you always got to tell them where to go every now and then. :evil:

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah. I have to say though, despite the wait, it was a very nice hospital. They had a separate room for people with respiratory symptoms and the bathroom was hands-free. The old ones downtown aren't equipped (in general) to avoid contamination and spread of disease...:rolleyes:

Here's the other xray... I find it funny that I have two sort of fetuses as sinuses. One is a pre-limb formation fetus and the other is an almost fully cooked fetus.:D Dunno if you can see them in the pic- just above my nose.

Sorry if these pics disturb people... I think they're cool. You can even see my skull cracks on the originals....:D I think it's funny that my head comes to a point.:D Oh, and I'm not usually this angry-looking.:D

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/IMG_4523.jpg

chico2
December 5th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Oh,Oh a pointed skull:confused: that could explain a few things;)
Glad you are feeling better,ER-waiting is always a learning experience,for sure:frustrated:

technodoll
December 5th, 2006, 08:33 AM
ooooo nice teeth, prin! :D :thumbs up

how are you this morning? any eye bruising? :cool:

Frenchy
December 5th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Glad you're back Prin ! :thumbs up Hope you are not in pain (not too much anyway) I still have some painkillers at home, was keeping them for a rainy day :rolleyes: but I guess you have your own. The offer for my nose as a model for you still stands and since Christmas is coming ; $0.00.

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 11:32 AM
lol Thanks Frenchy. But I might need your whole body since mine and pics don't mix at all.:D

lol at chico and techno- make fun of me when I'm down, eh? I like it!:D

I'm ok today. I've learned to stay "botox"- it's like a zen of the face, so it hurts less. Still burns a little though. And I still can't bend over. :shrug: :o

technodoll
December 5th, 2006, 12:04 PM
And I still can't bend over.

i am SO not going there :D

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 12:05 PM
... to put my SHOES on! :yell: lol

technodoll
December 5th, 2006, 12:16 PM
he he he! :D "sure"

omg i'm feeling really :evil: today, wassa matta!!?

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 12:34 PM
must be the zombies on this page.:D

mummummum
December 5th, 2006, 12:47 PM
You certainly do have yourself a pointy little braincase don't you ?!? Guess it's all that extra grey matter needed an attic!:D

Welcome back Prin, glad you are feeling somewhat better and survived the health care system !

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 12:55 PM
lol yeah, thanks. hehe "braincase"..:D

HunterXHunter
December 5th, 2006, 01:42 PM
HEY! Glad you're alright back back! :thumbs up They let you keep the X-rays!?!?!? That's so cool. I wish the hospital had let me keep the X-rays of my ankle when I broke it a couple of summers ago.

So how's Boo doing? :D

x.l.r.8
December 5th, 2006, 01:59 PM
YOUR BALD :D :crazy:

And you look like a squid!! :p :p :p
Sorry I have dial up and so the pic loaded real slow from top to bottom and thats all I could see.
Sorry about the poor service you got from hospitals, it's a shame ER really has become an extension of the family doctor, if people used there family doctors more the ER department could get on and do there job, Emergency room shold not mean, "it's been going on far a few months but tonight it was a bit worse" (guess who covered emerg this weekend).
So they still only use black and white where you are hey. :D
Welcome back by the way, I'm better at sarcasm than affection. Glad it's settling down finally. Now no we know your fine, how is Boo?

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 02:08 PM
lol sarcasm's fine.:D

Boo's ok. We got him a big cuz, so he's a happy boy. Sittin' in his window all day, staring at the world, protecting his girlies.:D

Oh and the problem is worsened here because we have no family doctors. :( I don't have one at all. I have an endocrinologist and a gyno and that's it. :sad:

meb999
December 5th, 2006, 02:08 PM
And you look like a squid!! :p :p :p

I think she looks like DARTH VADER....tchhhhhhhh poooooooooo...(that's supposed to be darth vader breathing) :eek:

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 02:09 PM
lol, meb I am your sister... koooo keee koooo keee *cough*

meb999
December 5th, 2006, 02:15 PM
oooo, your noises are much better...I suck at typing up noises :o

it's a talent Prin, you should add it in your resume!

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 02:16 PM
lol

Skills: can turn any noise into text, good at taking toys away from dogs

:D

Dog Dancer
December 5th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Hey welcome back Prin. Your resume has an error - shouldn't it read BAD at taking toys away from dog???

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 04:19 PM
No wonder I can't get a job! :D :shrug: :clown:

Prin
December 5th, 2006, 04:20 PM
HEY! Glad you're alright back back! :thumbs up They let you keep the X-rays!?!?!? That's so cool. I wish the hospital had let me keep the X-rays of my ankle when I broke it a couple of summers ago.
I only got to keep them because the plan was to get them and then find a Dr... Still haven't found the Dr...:o

wdawson
December 5th, 2006, 05:31 PM
glad to see you back prin......hope it doesn't hurt TOO much.

wdawson
December 5th, 2006, 05:34 PM
i just looked at the xray again and you kinda look like the scary movie guy :D

H.P.
December 5th, 2006, 05:48 PM
ooch! Glad to hear that you are starting to recover! Take care!

Frenchy
December 5th, 2006, 06:21 PM
And I still can't bend over. :shrug: :o

Chika bow chika bow bow

Prin
December 6th, 2006, 12:59 AM
lol Frenchy- it's NOT time for a sexy party at all. Have you seen the size of my nose? Those xrays are pretty slimming.:D

Smiley14
December 13th, 2006, 06:39 PM
OH Prin, I just saw this thread now! OUCH! I'm so sorry I missed it before! I hope you are feeling better now, that sounds so painful! Poor doggie must feel really bad too! I'm glad you're ok though!

Cool x-rays though. :)

Prin
December 13th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I'm better now.:) Jemma cracked my nose again yesterday, but nothing major.:D

Frenchy
December 13th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I'm better now.:) Jemma cracked my nose again yesterday, but nothing major.:D

:eek: ouuuuuuch !

technodoll
December 13th, 2006, 08:39 PM
ya GOTTA be KIDDING!! is your nose a dog-skull magnet? :eek:

:grouphug:

Prin
December 13th, 2006, 08:44 PM
No, I was giving Jemma a belly rub and she had a twitch and kicked me in the nose.:D

Smiley14
December 13th, 2006, 09:29 PM
OH, I'm shuddering at the thought at how that must have felt! LOL! Glad to hear you're feeling better though! :thumbs up

Prin
December 13th, 2006, 09:32 PM
It's the sounds that bug me the most... When Boo hit me the crack was so loud. With Jemma yesterday it was a little snap. Little snaps don't hurt as much.:D