Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppy not eating

hobbsfamily8297
December 3rd, 2006, 05:16 PM
we just bought a 10 week old beagle puppy last Saturday (have had her for 1 week now). She has been eating great until this morning. When I gave her her food she refused to eat any. I offered her a treat and she refused that as well. It is now 2:15 in the afternoon and she hasn't eaten or drank anything since last night around 6:00 pm. She also has been sleeping all day. Any ideas as to what could be wrong with her? Should I be worried so soon? We had taken her to the vet on Monday and she did have several things wong (worms, yeast infection in her ears, kennel cough, and a parasit in her tummy) so she is on 4 different medicines and has been since Monday. She has seemed to be getting better - stool hardening up and not so frequent, but now this set back, or is it? She is 4.7lbs...any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated....even to let me know if you think I should take her back to the vet....this is our first dog, so I am unfamiliar with normal behavior!

chico2
December 3rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
I am not a dog-owner(I have 3 cats),but I think a small pup,could be in trouble without food or water for 24 hours,I would take her back to the vet.
It could be a reaction to all the meds,maybe they are making her sick,either way IMO she needs a vet,before she starts shutting down.
Maybe someone with more puppy-experience will give you a better answer:fingerscr

Blathach
December 3rd, 2006, 05:28 PM
Please take your dog back to the vet as this could be very serious. We are not vets here and cannot diagnose over the internet. Please post back with an update. This thread will now be closed.