Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Scare of my life

Rottielover
December 3rd, 2006, 02:39 PM
Today I had a scare of my life. Kayla, harley and I went to a park to play with sheba, dani lewis, and Belles,and walk around. As we were leaving Kayla wanted to go to the park, other kids there playing in the snow.
Well she went up the slide, and started to go down. Kaplunk she fell off. And hurt her bum I was freaking out, what do I do with Harley.
I had no choice, put him at a sit stay, and ran to her, ignoring peoples comments.
She was ok, crying, sore bum, but ok, I was walking back to harley with kayla in my arms. I went beside him and released him
He sat and stayed for the whole time. I was so proud. As I was walking away, I had a couple people ask me if my daughter was ok, and OMG how did I get him to sit stay that way and so long....
I replied. TRAINING.
He did me so proud....I cried He is getting steak for dinner tonight :)

SARAH
December 3rd, 2006, 02:46 PM
Lew and I were amazed ! I had Dani on leash, Lew had Sheba, and I grabbed Sheba's leash, telling Lew to go help with Harley, but then we saw him just sit there like a statue! We were proud of him too :) almost like an aunt and uncle, lol. Had he moved, we would of course have stopped him, but he was the very image of the perfect dog!

Just minutes earlier, he and Dani had been racing around the dog-run (untill he nipped her and hurt her pride - scared her a little too - and she refused to play anymore) acting like a ... well, a DOG, happy to be alive and romp around in the snow with other dogs, and then there he was, concerned about his human Mom's baby, sitting still as she'd asked all the while keeping an eye on Kayla.

Touching.

And to think people change sidewalks when they meet a Rott! He's deserved his steak. Well done Harley!:highfive:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
December 3rd, 2006, 03:17 PM
thats awesome good work Harley and Rottielover :thumbs up :highfive:

chico2
December 3rd, 2006, 05:02 PM
Good dog Harley:thumbs up
I have never met a Rottie who is not a wonderful pup.
My former neighbors had 2 rotties,one night the older female started crying out and I went out to check.
By then the owners were outside,apparently the older dog had a severe heartattack and died.
The younger Rottie pulled her to the door to try to get help.
In the right owners hands,they are smart,wonderful gentle dogs and I would love to have one.:love:

rainbow
December 3rd, 2006, 05:04 PM
WOW...you should be proud. :thumbs up

Hunter's_owner
December 3rd, 2006, 06:20 PM
That is excellent...I would be very proud as well, but I don't think Hunter would do that for me:rolleyes: Good job on the training:thumbs up Good to show those Rottie haters;)

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2006, 06:34 PM
Wow ! Good job Harley :thumbs up hum...so how was the steak ? :cloud9: I hope your daughter is allright.

Rottielover
December 3rd, 2006, 07:23 PM
Steak, what steak, he ate it in one bite, did he taste it, heck no. Looked at me as to say, was that all.
Man....that boy. My daughter is ok, thank you. And yup, goes to show, not all people who own rotties are irresponsible. I have shed alot of blood and tears into this dog, and I am so proud that he has learned something, and he is now able to read me.
I think the bond is finally completely there....
Do I trust him, heck no....LOL

cpietra16
December 3rd, 2006, 07:39 PM
wow..I just read the post. Glad your little baby girl is Ok. And Harley, You made mommy so proud:thumbs up

TeriM
December 3rd, 2006, 08:06 PM
Good job Harley! Now spread the word to all our dogs so they'll do the same :D .

hazelrunpack
December 3rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
Yay, Harley! And good job, Rottielover! Glad to hear Kayla's okay, too! :thumbs up

AliSam
December 4th, 2006, 10:15 PM
That is awesome! I could only dream that Sammie would sit and stay for that long. I am glad Kayla wasn't hurt.