Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy problems

Elmer & Bugs
December 2nd, 2006, 05:04 PM
I got a new Welsh Corgi puppy about a month ago. He is now about 4 months old. He was the runt of the litter. From the start he hasn't been active like a normal puppy. Vet said he had a slight case of coccidia and treated him for five days with a sulfa medication. He eats well, drinks well(maybe more than usual), urinates and defecates well. He doesn't play, move well (sometimes his little legs buckle on him), and doesn't seem to be growing. Has anyone had a similar problem or have any idea why this is?

OntarioGreys
December 2nd, 2006, 09:25 PM
I would definitely have a vet recheck him out our seek another vet, there is definitely something wrong, even as the runt of the litter

Hunter's_owner
December 4th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I agreee with Ontariogreys, You really should get a recheck at the vet or take him to see a new vet. This is not normal behaviour at all:shrug:

~michelle~
December 4th, 2006, 10:13 AM
please see a vet, and keep us posted on your little guy. best of luck:fingerscr

rainbow
December 4th, 2006, 01:56 PM
I agree with the others. If his legs buckle there is definitely something wrong with him and he needs to see the vet. If he had this problem when you took him to the vet for coccidia then I would take him to a different vet asap. Good luck and please post with an update. :fingerscr

Elmer & Bugs
December 5th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks everyone for your concern. I'll check with another vet and see what he says. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime if anyone has had a similar experience please let me know. Elmer & Bugs

rainbow
December 5th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Good luck. :fingerscr And, BTW, welcome to the forum and we'd love to see pics of your furkids.