Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat peeing

LunaLynn
December 2nd, 2006, 12:17 PM
I am at the end of my rope here. I have a 2 year old cat, who has decided to start peeing on my boyfriends work clothes. In the past when she lived with another cat, she would pee to mark her territory, but she stopped that for close to a year. We moved to Edmonton from Vancouver in the summer, yet the peeing didn't start until 3 days ago.

I just about got rid of her last time she was peeing everywhere, but now that it is just on the clothes, i am hoping that there is some help to make her stop. We hang up his clothes, most of the time, but within seconds of them being on the floor, she gets to them.

Please someone must have some kind of answer, I love my baby, but i refuse to live with the smell of cat pee for the rest of my life. :yell:

Thanks, Jess:confused: :confused:

Hunter's_owner
December 2nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Has a vet checked the cat to see if she has a urinary infection? This is a possibility...Also is she spayed? If not, then spaying could stop this as well.

jesse's mommy
December 2nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
I definitely agree it could be a UTI or possibly crystals. Please get her to a vet ASAP, this could be painful for her. She's telling you something, you need to figure out what it is.

Stacer
December 2nd, 2006, 07:33 PM
My male cat liked to occasionally pee on my husband's clothes, we took him to the vet and he did indeed have a urinary infection. If that's not the case with your kitty then maybe her litter box isn't to her liking. Do you keep it super clean? You mentioned that you moved, she could be definitely feeling some stress over that. If you've got some extra $$ you could buy a product called Feliway, it's a cat pheremone that you plug into the wall like a Glade Plug-in that releases pheremones and has a calming effect on cats. I bought some from my vet, but I beleive that PetSmart sells it as well.
The first time my cat had urinating issues it was not an infection, just behavioural and I feel that the Feliway, combined with us keeping the box extra clean and keeping our bedroom door closed defintely stopped that behaviour.

Good luck.

LunaLynn
December 7th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Thank you all for the information. I have tried everything. She was spayed 2 years ago.

I am going to take her to the vet, but as this has happened before, i don't think it is anything medical. But I am going to try whatever is suggested by anyone.

Keep praying that this will stop..:fingerscr

thanks again, Jess