Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My dog won't come inside

cjanet4mk
December 2nd, 2006, 11:46 AM
I have a 10 mo old basset hound. It snowed her 2 days ago and she just loves it! But I don't think that is why she won't come in. I put her outside about 2 hours ago. When I go to the door to let her in she runs from me (not her playful run) a run like she is in trouble or not quite done out here.
She is looking like she is searching for a spot to go poo. Any suggestions!

Hunter's_owner
December 2nd, 2006, 12:12 PM
I would take her to the vet asap. If she is looking for a spot to go poo and can't do it, there may be something very serious going on that only a vet will be able to tell.

cjanet4mk
December 2nd, 2006, 06:02 PM
She is fine. She was looking for a spot to go poo, but since this was her first snow, she hadn't figured out where to go. She was just a little confused. Once enough snow had melted and she found a nice patch of grass, she went and now all is well.

rainbow
December 4th, 2006, 01:51 AM
I would shovel a little area for her to go poop. ;)

Hunter's_owner
December 4th, 2006, 07:25 AM
My dog is the opposite, after the snow goes away he has a hard time finding "a spot":rolleyes:
Thanks for the update

cjanet4mk
December 5th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I did shovel a spot for her, but she did not chose to use it. I guess I have a picky dog. I'm glad she didn't decide to take care of business in the house. I was rather proud of her for holding it so long, but it did get rather hard to watch her hind end shake so bad.

Hunter's_owner
December 6th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Is she better now? If this behaviour continues, I really would see a vet.

cjanet4mk
December 6th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Yes, everything is fine. She just didn't know where to poo with the ground all covered in snow. She is perfectly happy, playful, eats just fine and takes care of business just fine now. When the next snow comes I will definately keep an eye on how things progress. Thanks for all the concern!