Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hi everyone

TaraJeanne
December 1st, 2006, 10:57 PM
hi im new here and i thought ide introduce myself... my husband and i are the proud parents of a beautiful 8 year old german shepard /rottweiler cross .. and a brand new 8 week old kitten named Lady Brenna aka Brenna lol aswell as two sons Donovan and Dakota so two boys two girls lol anyways my name is Tara and Im here to talk about my pets and learn and ask questions lol and befriend other pet lovers ... well its great to be here and thats all i have to say for now lol
best wishes fellow pet lovers and hopefully talk to people soon lol

LibbyP
December 1st, 2006, 11:07 PM
Hi and Welcome this is an wonderful forum with tons of very helpful members. Looks like you have a house full at least you have even numbers :thumbs up Just so you know pics are a must, hope you find all the information you are seeking, all you have to do is post away... look forward to chatting sometime.

TeriM
December 2nd, 2006, 01:32 AM
Welcome to the forum. Hope to see some pics soon.

hazelrunpack
December 2nd, 2006, 10:32 AM
Greetings, TaraJeanne. You'll find a lot of useful information here and a lot of friendly people. Pictures are definitely a must, though...and until we get them, we'll be nagging you a lot! (Can you tell? :D ) Welcome to the forum!

TaraJeanne
December 2nd, 2006, 10:02 PM
i have to get some of Brenna but i have posted one of the beautiful LadyBug she is the best dog that I have ever owned she is smart patient kind and loyal and I am very proud of both my pets .. although Lady Brenna needs to work on her manners towards LadyBug a bit more she has been hissing in her direction more than once and poor LadyBug she just wants to make friends with Brenna lol if any one has any suggestions on helping a cat out with a good realationship with a dog please let me know thanks alot !!! ( pics of Brenna will be following soon)

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2006, 09:52 PM
Running off to see pics of LadyBug. Sorry I can't help you with the :cat: and :dog: relationship. When I adopted Monsieur le chat (feral cat) he just didn't run away from the dogs. So they were able to get a good sniff and weren't impressed ! It's been :love: since then. Give Brenna time, you know cats, they don't like to rush ! :queen: :king:

TeriM
December 4th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Best thing with cats and dogs is not to rush things. Our older dog is great with the cats but our pup wanted to chase them and they kept running so it was a great game for him. It took about three months but they now understand the ground rules and everyone gets along great. If the dog is not cat aggressive then don't worry they will work things out.

rainbow
December 4th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Welcome to the forum and I agree with TeriM about the dog/cat issues....now I'm off to the photo forum to see the pics. :D

Hunter's_owner
December 4th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Best thing with cats and dogs is not to rush things. Our older dog is great with the cats but our pup wanted to chase them and they kept running so it was a great game for him. It took about three months but they now understand the ground rules and everyone gets along great. If the dog is not cat aggressive then don't worry they will work things out.

Yeah I agree it will just take time. Don't force anything, when the cat is ready to tolerate the dog she will. Cats just have to do things in their time:rolleyes: Good luck with everything, and welcome to the forum!