Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Minature Doxie Chews Bed

frogeyes75
December 1st, 2006, 08:36 PM
We have a problem with our Doxie chewing all the beds we buy her. The first one she pulled all the styrofoam out of it and shredded the foam. Then we bought pillow beds, which she chews on the zippers.

We are considering buying a Burrow Bed. This bed has to be turned inside out to undo the velcro to wash the cover.

Does anyone have a burrow bed for their dog?? Does your dog like the bed?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a bed that she won't chew or destroy in a couple days??

Thank You

jesse's mommy
December 1st, 2006, 08:42 PM
Have you tried to put down a blanket?

(Oh and welcome to the forum, we would love to see pictures of your doxie!)

mafiaprincess
December 1st, 2006, 09:16 PM
Some dogs are chewers. Often it's boredom. Is your dog chewing on its bed when home alone, or in front of you? I corrected and redirected the behaviour when it was in front of me, And put bedding in her crate I didn't care about. At the age of 2 she's finally good enough about not chewing on inappropriate stuff that a new bed would likely be fine, but its easier to not worry about it.

muckypup
December 1st, 2006, 09:55 PM
Does anyone have any other suggestions for a bed that she won't chew or destroy in a couple days??

Thank You

Don't waste your money on any more new beds. ;)

How old is she? She might grow out of it.

TeriM
December 2nd, 2006, 03:02 AM
You could try spraying bitter apple (from pet stores) on the zipper parts. My pup hates the taste and will leave anything sprayed alone (at least for a day or so :sad: ).

frogeyes75
December 2nd, 2006, 08:19 PM
She is 1 1/2 years old. She only chews on the bed when we are not home. She has plenty of toys in her room so I am not sure why she insists on chewing on the zipper of her bed.

We have tried using the bitter apple spray. I works for a couple days and then she chews on it again.

She has two blankets to lay on along with her pillow bed.

She is confined to one room during the day with plenty of food, water, and toys.

We really want to buy her a bed that she will be comfortable on and not chew the zipper.

Has anyone bought a burrow bed for their doxie???

OntarioGreys
December 2nd, 2006, 11:00 PM
Do a search for chew proof beds, I know orvis comes with a chew guarantee