Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sick kitten

Dan Canonge
December 1st, 2006, 12:24 AM
Hello,
My 5 month year old kitten 2 days ago Nov 28 came home limping, since then she doesn't want to eat or go outside. Normally she is pretty hyper ,but my thoughts were that maybe she got hit or attacked by a car or another animal. She doesn't appear to have any scars or bite marks. But she is losing weight and appears weak. Does anybody have any ideas on what is wrong with her?
Any advice is helpful.
Thank you

erykah1310
December 1st, 2006, 12:26 AM
A very good reason why cats should NOT be roaming around outside...

On topic again however, I would bring her to the vet asap... it could be many things even life threatining things,,, ITs hard to say.

mummummum
December 1st, 2006, 01:06 AM
Sounds like your kitten is quite ill, increased lethargy, anorexia and weightloss in a short period of time can be signs of very serious injury. The best possible thing you can do is to bring your kitty to the Vet ASAP ~ we're not Vets and really can't diagnose complex medical problems over the internet. Let us know how you make out after your Vet assessment.

Dragonfly
December 1st, 2006, 05:54 AM
If your pet is seriously ill, bleeding, can't move, hasn't pooped or peed in a couple of days, is vomiting, has green mucus coming out of the nose or eyes, hasn't eaten or drank in a few days, is pooping blood, is coughing blood, has a bloated tummy, cries when touched or picked up.....Then please take the poor animal to the VETS ASAP.......Do not waste precious time posting on this or other bulletin boards or chartrooms. Your pet needs to be seen by a real live veterinarian immediately. Many pets have died waiting for advice when they should have been at the doctor's office.

Please take your kitten to the vet.

Blathach
December 1st, 2006, 05:54 AM
Please take your cat to the vet and post back with an update. We are not vets here and cannot diagnose over the internet.