Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found a lump on my kitty!

Aimster
November 30th, 2006, 11:19 PM
As I was snuggling with my kitty tonight I felt her thigh and found a lump about the size of a dime. It didn't seem to hurt her when I touched it and she hasn't been acting weird that I've noticed. I'm just wondering if anyone has came across something like this in their cat or dog and what it ended up being. I'm going to tell my vet when I bring her in to get spayed, I'm hoping it's nothing. :fingerscr

erykah1310
November 30th, 2006, 11:24 PM
How long until her spay appointment??? Lumps can mean MANY things, and all should be treated (or diagnosed ) asap! Best advice I can give right now.

Hunter's_owner
December 1st, 2006, 06:25 AM
Yeah I agree with Erykah, even though it may be nothing serious, the chance is still there, so I would take her in to see a vet.

BusterBoo
December 1st, 2006, 07:26 AM
I just went through this with my 4 yr old shih tzu Harley and within 24 hours of finding the lump, I had him at the Vets! Surgery was done about 4 days later and the lump was benign. It could be nothing, but it could be serious.

It's definitely worth a trip to the Vet's - Good Luck :fingerscr

Aimster
December 1st, 2006, 11:12 PM
I'm planning on making an appointment for December 14, my vet is out of town so I have to find time to get there.