Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Costco Prices

barkley21
November 30th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I was wondering if Costco would be a good place to buy our raw meat in bulk? I'm not too sure of how good the prices are, so if anyone frequents a Costco, could you give me a heads up on what the prices are like? We don't want to pay for a membership without knowing if it's worth it or not before hand...

technodoll
November 30th, 2006, 07:53 PM
barkley, have you tried http://lepusreg.tripod.com/NRS.html? click on "Ontario" and get to work! LOL :D

barkley21
November 30th, 2006, 09:01 PM
That's a fantastic link TD :thumbs up Now I know what my homework is for the weekend :o
Thanks again.

technodoll
November 30th, 2006, 09:06 PM
and i'm so jealous... Ontario has 10 times more places than Quebec :frustrated: good luck! :highfive:

joeysmama
November 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I joined a Costco here in NJ and one of the main reasons I joined was for the meat prices. We don't eat much meat but I buy it there in bulk and then re-wrap and freeze it when I get home. And the all natural chicken cutlets are shrink wrapped, 16 to a pack. But then the pack has perforations and you can tear off two cutlets at a time.

barkley21
December 1st, 2006, 10:54 AM
TD, that site was awesome!!!! I found a butcher from the list that is 10 minutes away from me and has chicken backs with necks attached for $0.49/lb. They also sell backs and necks in 50 lb boxes for only $15 :eek: It goes to show you how over priced those pre-packaged raw meals are at the pet stores :frustrated:

Now I just have to wait until our new freezer comes in and then we can load it up!

Prin
December 1st, 2006, 11:02 AM
IMO, in montreal, no, costco isn't the cheapest for meat. Adonis is cheaper.:shrug:

Where I used to get my costco $$ worth was on milk because it was $1 cheaper a bag there (eggs too), but now the milk is pretty well the same everywhere. So now I have to get my $$ worth out of giant toblerones.:D

technodoll
December 1st, 2006, 11:02 AM
woohooo! :highfive: see? treasure-hunting is fun but you do need a map to begin with!! i'm so happy for you guys! :D