Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost German Shepherd - Ottawa area

K9Friend
November 30th, 2006, 04:48 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/hipster40/LostJace.jpg

Jace went missing from Ottawa area (Walkley and St. Laurent) on November 13th. He is neutered, microchipped, and extremely shy and timid. Was last seen on November 22nd heading north on Anderson Road in Ottawa area. Please call Yoko/Dave at 613-425-0070 (24/7) or Don/Marthe at 613-523-8558.

Lissa
December 1st, 2006, 12:00 AM
OMG that's horrible! I drive on Anderson quite often so I will keep an eye out...but since he's so timid, I doubt I'll have any luck :(
I hope he's found soon!:fingerscr

chico2
December 2nd, 2006, 07:53 AM
Jace is a very handsome boy,you must be beside yourself:sad:
Please go personally to all the shelters,often some shelters don't even check for a microchip,posters and more posters everywhere
I am sure others in the Ottawa area will give you some helpful advice.
:fingerscr that you'll find this beautiful boy:fingerscr
Please let us know if he is found,we love happy homecomings:love:

rainbow
December 4th, 2006, 02:44 AM
I agree....make sure you go to the SPCA/shelters/pound in person every day. Good luck. :fingerscr

grimm
December 4th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I'm glad to see this boy posted here as well.

This is such a sad story. Jace was lost just 10 days after he was finally in a new home after spending his entire life in the shelter.

He really needs to be found. :fingerscr

Lissa, please keep your eyes open.

chico2
December 5th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Grimm,a sad story indeed,something similar to our Maddie,who eventually was found,I believe she was gone for more than a month..
Hopefully like with Maddie someone is feeding Jace:pray: and he'll soon be returned home:fingerscr :fingerscr

grimm
December 5th, 2006, 04:33 PM
I'm so glad to hear that you found Maddie, that gives us all hope that Jace still might be found. Thank you Chico2. Apparently there were some sightings of Jace by garbage disposal workers that owners just found out about, so they are not giving up.

rainbow
December 5th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Don't give up. Maddie was also very shy and timid. She went missing on Sept. 23/06 and wasn't captured until Nov.7/06. I've posted the link to her story in case you can use some of the tips.

Fingers and paws crossed for Jace's safe return. :fingerscr :pawprint: :fingerscr :pawprint:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30964

grimm
December 5th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Oh my gosh, this is so close, it's unreal. Almost right after Maddie was found Jace went missing just few blocks away. Maddie went missing at Walkley & Bank, Jace went missing Walkley & St Laurent.

Jace was last seen in the Mer Bleue Bog area.

Thank you Rainbow

chico2
December 6th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Grimm,many tears were shed over Maddie,by people who did not even know her and everyone was elated when she was finally safe:love:
The same is for Jace,I am sure everyone here is:pray: he will be found and we'll have another happy ending:fingerscr :fingerscr
Please keep us updated about beautiful Jace:pawprint:

Golden Girls
December 6th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I'll be in the area on the week-end. I've printed this poster. Will also keep an eye out. :fingerscr for her safe return.

grimm
December 6th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Thank you all. Thank you Golden Girls. People who are actively looking for Jace believe that he is in a large unpopulated area called Mer Bleue Bog. It might've been him seen by garbage disposal crew on two occasions. There is another City crew that is inspecting any damaged wires and broken trees after the storm on the lookout for him. People looking for him followed footprints of a large dog in the snow but lost it in a boggy terrain.

It is so good to know that so many people are willing to help. Jace NEEDS to be found!

Golden Girls, here is another contact Yoko/Dave at 613-425-0070 (24/7). Please contact them when you are in Ottawa, they seem to be coordinating the search.

As I understand from the posts on another forum Jace spent most of his life in the shelter in Montreal, was taken by a local rescue and adopted out and bolted from their house just 10 days later.

This is the last flyer as posted on another Forum.

I'll keep you updated.

rainbow
December 6th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Are they leaving food out for him? Is there any way a trap can be set? :fingerscr

grimm
December 6th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Yes, I think that they are leaving the food out even though they were advised against it. This area has many coyotes and they were concerns expressed that if atracted, they may pose problems for Jace. I don't know how true that is.

I am in Toronto myself and have no way to physically help with the search in that awful cold Ottawa weather and can only do some cross-posting here and there. I just feel very sorry to think of this lost, terrified dog somewhere in this cold. Many years ago I lost a dog myself, and we were never able to find her and this haunts me to this day. She was also very shy and scared of strangers. This was before the Internet and other means available now.

chico2
December 6th, 2006, 04:01 PM
grimm,I am happy to hear so many people are looking for him and like you,the first thing I think about is,Jace alone,scared,hungry and cold and it's heartbreaking,please,please someone find him:pray:

Golden Girls
December 6th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Golden Girls, here is another contact Yoko/Dave at 613-425-0070 (24/7). Please contact them when you are in Ottawa, they seem to be coordinating the search.ok I will. I do hope however he's found b4 :pray:

rainbow
December 7th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Yes, I think that they are leaving the food out even though they were advised against it. This area has many coyotes and they were concerns expressed that if atracted, they may pose problems for Jace. I don't know how true that is.

They were leaving food out for Maddie and she was in the same area. I think that's what helped to keep her there and not wander away in search of food. :o

Poor Jace....I hope he is caught soon. :fingerscr :fingerscr

grimm
December 7th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I'm so happy that Maddie got caught. Problem with Jace is that there are very few sightings of him. He is either hiding or moved elsewhere. Though so close where Maddie was, the area where he was last seen is very large and parts not accessible to people because of the bog. Food that was left in areas with large dog footprints was not touched even by wildlife. This is very discouraging to people searching actively. It is going to be extremely cold again tonight and I can only hope that he has some little hiding place where he can keep himself from freezing.

chico2
December 7th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Grimm,I am sorry there is no good news,I hope people don't give up on him,with Maddie I thought for sure she was dead somewhere,she was missing such a long time,but luckily I was wrong.
German Sheperds can handle the cold pretty well,I was told,don't know if that is true?
Grimm,who are you in relation to Jace??are you a shelter-person or simply a very concerned animal-lover,like most of us?

rainbow
December 7th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Please tell everyone not to give up on Jace. Are they still checking the SPCA/shelters/pound in person every couple of days?

Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :fingerscr

grimm
December 7th, 2006, 07:34 PM
This is a very nice group here. Yes, I think that German Shepherds are tough dogs.

I never met Jace Chico2. He was posted as missing on TGSDR board by a girl named Yoko asking for help with search and crossposting. Jace had a very sad life. I'm in Toronto, so I was just able to send some emails & crosspost on Pet Talk. He was already posted here and on gsddotcom by others so I try to keep the threads up. You never know who might happen to read it. It looks like there are many Ottawa people on this board. I have a shepherd myself, I just got him in May from someone that was moving & could not take Grimm with them. He's an awesome dog. True shepherd.

Rainbow, it was posted that owners or fosters are very discouraged and physically & mentally exhausted searching every day for 3 weeks. Apparently Humane Society told them that he could be in Montreal or Toronto by now. They said that this weekend will be the last one of searching physically. They'll continue visiting shelters & wait for calls. Sad. :fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
December 7th, 2006, 09:53 PM
That is sad and I'm really sorry to hear that. :sad: Did they read the posts here about Maddie's story?

BusterBoo
December 8th, 2006, 06:49 AM
It's -25C this morning in Ottawa.......hopefully Jace is somewhere warm...

Reading about these lost dogs hurts so much - I hope Jace finds his way home soon... :fingerscr :pray:

chico2
December 8th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Thank's Grimm,it's true,he could be anywhere:sad:
German Sheperds have something very special about them,I once had a German Sheperd/Chow cross,he was a great dog.
In -25C,I would imagine even a tough dog would be in danger:sad:
Please keep us updated of any news,it's a heartbreaking situation:sad: we just have to have a happy ending:pray:

K9Friend
December 9th, 2006, 07:43 AM
*bump* :( :pawprint:

grimm
December 9th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Local authorities will not allow the trap in the area as there is too much wild life that could be caught instead, like coyotes.

There is also a reward now offered for sighting leading to Jace capture. Maybe that will motivate people to call right away. Couple of callers did not call immediately even though they saw posters.

Hope that this weekend will bring at least some hope so the search is not abandoned. :fingerscr

chico2
December 9th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Me too:pray: :pray:

rainbow
December 9th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here. :fingerscr :pawprint: :fingerscr :pawprint:

C'mon Jace....give us some hope. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

Golden Girls
December 9th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I'm going 1st thing in the morning and will def look out for him. Grimm, please check your PM box. Thanks

Everyting :fingerscr for Jace :pawprint:

chico2
December 9th, 2006, 03:33 PM
GG,would it not be fantastic if you would find Jace,we would all be drooling with happiness:love:I know I would be exstatic..:dog:

grimm
December 9th, 2006, 05:13 PM
GG you are amazing, you are really going to help. :angel:

I'll be thinking about all of you all day, waiting for at least some progress, a sighting. At least the weather should cooperate. :fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
December 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM
GG, thank you for offering your help. :angel: I sure hope someone at least sees Jace so the people don't give up. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

chico2
December 10th, 2006, 07:05 AM
"Our"GG is a doggie-:angel: for sure,I wish Jace knew that and would come running,from wherever he is:pray:

K9Friend
December 10th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Thank you GG! :grouphug: :pawprint: :fingerscr :pray:

Toonces
December 10th, 2006, 05:37 PM
The people who got the trap for Maddie said that the area is NCC land and NCC do their own animal control so any traps should be rented from the city of Ottawa, the general number for the City of Ottawa and they can direct you to Bylaw Services and information on obtaining a trap. 613-580-2424

grimm
December 10th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Thank you Toonces. Yoko did contact NCC for a trap and she posted few days ago that:

The National Capital Commission also advised me that they would not allow placing a humane trap on NCC land as there are far too many other animals that could be caught in this trap such as coyotes or skunks. The officer assured me that she would try to convince her supervisor to allow it, but she does not have much high hopes for this.

Lucky Maddie was in the smaller park, Jace is, they think, in the wild, boggy area with just few trails. :sad:

I wonder how the search went today with GG.

Toonces
December 10th, 2006, 06:17 PM
They suggested renting from Ottawa Animal Control not NCC, I think they are separate. :confused:

grimm
December 10th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Thank you Toonces, I don't know about AC and NCC and their connection, I'm in Toronto, but I'll suggest this to Yoko. I'm not sure whom she talked to exactly.
There is an update, that no one they talked to today saw Jace. Roast beef they left was gone but dog cookies were still there, so they think that it was a racoon or a coyote that ate it. :pray:

Golden Girls
December 11th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I'm really sorry but we couldn't help with yesterday's search
We were suppose to transport a couple of GSD's to Ottawa but unexpectedly it got delayed. We spend most of the day trying to find a way, it just didn't happen but were scheduled to go if not sometime this week then latest the weekend so we will try and look for him.

I spoke with Donald earlier - Jace's foster dad who's so discouraged no doubt. They've taken so much time off work looking for him not to mention Yoko and Dave and so many others. He hasn't been seen for 3 weeks, it's so sad.

I've met Jace and it tears me knowing how timid and frightened he was to begin with. They've put flyers everywhere, let's pray someone found him and took him in. You never know look at Maddie and she was missing for a lot longer and it was seeing a flyer that she found her way back home.

It's heartwarming to know there's so many wonderful people helping and praying for his safety. Grimm thanks so much for cross-posting and taking the time to map quest the area for me where he was spotted.

Let's just hope someone somewhere has taken him in and will see the flyer :fingerscr

chico2
December 11th, 2006, 03:26 PM
GG,we all know you would bend over backwards for any lost or needy dog,but it did not work out the way you'd hoped:sad:
My best X-Mas present would be that Jace is safe and sound with his foster Donald:pray: It's just so very sad:sad:

rainbow
December 11th, 2006, 05:17 PM
GG, as Chico said, we all know you would have been there if you could. Hopefully, someone has befriended Jace and taken him in and with a little luck he will be returned to Yoko and Dave. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

righton60
December 12th, 2006, 09:49 PM
We are in the exact same situation as you and we know how it feels. Your dog and our dog were lost on the same day in a park...we have also recieved few calls and our attepts to find him have failed. All I can say is that anything can happen and to keep your hopes high and don't give up, because like you said, somebody must know something. We'll keep our fingers crossed for Jace's safe return.

Sincerly,
Joe and Nat

ycarter
December 15th, 2006, 01:20 PM
This is my first time on this forum and I just wanted to thank everyone for their kindness and support. We FINALLY have some good news. We have had two recent sightings! Two people called Donald and Marthe yesterday (Jace's foster parents) saying that they had seen a German Shepherd with a gold tag in their neighbourhood! The neighborhood is not too far from the Mer Bleue area and from their descriptions, it sounds like the dog is indeed Jace! We will be trying to capture him this weekend but are just a little concerned since he is so close to the highway. Apparently he is walking along the side of the highway but appears traffic savvy according to the callers. We must capture him in a way that would not startle him and risk him running in to traffic. Please pray for Jace. Thank you everyone. I hope to update again with great news- that Jace was returned home safely! That would be wonderful.

To Joe and Nat, I pray from the bottom of my heart that Homer will return safely. I'm sure that you have already done this but please distribute as many flyesr as possible. With Jace, the reason that we got these two recent sightings is because we distributed flyers as far out as 50km east of where he was lost. Also, if you haven't already, www.lostdpgsearch.com has a wealth of information and tips on what to do- please check it out. The lady who runs it is very kind and will respond to any questions you may have. One last thing, have you thought of placing a humane food trap in the park that he was lost? My thoughts are with you- I hope that both Jace and Homer come home soon. Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for Jace- hope to write tomorrow with good news.

Y

cpietra16
December 15th, 2006, 02:04 PM
I will :pray: :fingerscr for his return...

chico2
December 15th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Thank you ycarter,it would be wonderful to hear(read)Jace is safe again,like an early Christmas-present:pray:

K9Friend
December 15th, 2006, 08:56 PM
:pawprint: :pray: :fingerscr Stay safe Jace & come home baby! :pray:

the gang
December 15th, 2006, 09:29 PM
come home little man fingers crossed brenda and the 5 pins:fingerscr

rainbow
December 15th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the post ycarter. I pray :pray: that Jace will remain safe until he is caught. :fingerscr :fingerscr

Golden Girls
December 16th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Welcome Yoko and thanks so much for this hopeful news. :pray: I'll be thinking about you guys all day. Please call with good news :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

grimm
December 17th, 2006, 09:11 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :pray: :pray: :pray:

Golden Girls
December 18th, 2006, 06:13 AM
:sad: Jace hasn't been found yet :sad: Donald/Martha, Yoko/Dave spent all day Saturday and Sunday and Yoko was kind enough to continue with us on Sunday right till 6 last night then it got too dark. We even brought a friend of Jace's - a GSD to help with the search

It's a huge area and more flyers were distributed. Everyone that we stopped or knocked on their door knew of Jace so that's another good sign. One guy that works at a pizzeria nearby tried to grab him Friday morning but once again he bolted. As Yoko posted above he was also seen Friday evening, which was the last time. The one good thing is we at least know he's alive and it seems he may of found a hiding place and perhaps access to garbage as it's a somewhat residential area. We need help ...

He's no longer in the Anderson area but about 20 minutes away. I don't know where we were(I'm from Montreal) but I'll ask ycarter (yoko) to add to this post.

Can anyone from the Ottawa area help :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

chico2
December 18th, 2006, 07:12 AM
GG,thank's for your effort,wish I could help:pawprint:
It's a relief that he was at least seen and is not wounded,hopefully it's just a question of time before someone is able to catch him:pray:just like with Maddie:fingerscr

technodoll
December 18th, 2006, 08:54 AM
this may sound like an extreme measure but... is there any way a breeder or someone could "lend" a bitch in heat to assist the rescue? no male (intact or neutered) can resist the scent and may be more willing to approach some humans holding a "flowery female"... of course walking into a trap of some sort so he can't get near her or anything. just a thought :o

Golden Girls
December 18th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Thanks TD, Chico :grouphug: for trying to give hope to a horrible situation but your right anything's possible. At this point I think drastic measures are needed otherwise I doubt he'll live much longer. He's apparently (no doubt)very very thin :sad: Any suggestions would be appreciated.

technodoll
December 18th, 2006, 11:22 AM
just grateful the weather's been so unusally mild... might save poor jace from freezing. i pray for his safe return... i cannot imagine losing one of my babies :sad:

chico2
December 18th, 2006, 11:23 AM
OMG,poor Jace,it just breaks your heart,I wish I could come up with a brilliant idea:sad:
I don't know what dogs do,but if he is starving,would he not run out of energy and just hide somewhere,but that would make it even more difficult to find him:sad:

Frenchy
December 18th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I knew I shouldn't looked at this thread :sad: so near christmas, I hope and pray for his safe return. :fingerscr :pray:

cpietra16
December 18th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Do you know of any search and rescue dogs around the area r a hound dog...or any dog that has great smell....poor baby, he needs food:( :fingerscr :pray: I hope he's found...come home for Christmas

cpietra16
December 18th, 2006, 01:27 PM
...what if someone goes out with a BBQ and cooks a steak?? He may be attraked to the smell; I think I saw that in an old post when someone was trying to find their dog....

rainbow
December 18th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Somehow....somewhere, I hope that Jace is getting some food. :pray:

Please allow yourself to be caught, Jace. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

Golden Girls
December 21st, 2006, 04:32 PM
There's been a few more sightings of Jace, useless to go into details but sadly no luck in capturing him. This morning he was seen about 40 miles east of Ottawa, east of Rockland in an area called Wendover. Anyone know where this is - residential, trails, forests?

Golden Girls
December 21st, 2006, 04:40 PM
Do you know of any search and rescue dogs around the area r a hound dog...or any dog that has great smell....poor baby, he needs food:( :fingerscr :pray: I hope he's found...come home for ChristmasThat's a great idea, thank you. Everyone who goes out brings meat and smelly things but BBQ'g a steak would be even better :fingerscr

chico2
December 22nd, 2006, 07:46 AM
GG,thank's for keeping us updated on Jace,with several GSD's on this Forum lately,it reminds me constantly of poor Jace and his plight:sad:
I wish he would understand people want to help him,it's just sooo sad..
I don't know him,but it would be a great X-Mas present to me and probably many others if we knew he was finally safe:pray:

rainbow
December 22nd, 2006, 11:48 AM
Is the weather co-operating back there? This is just soooo sad. :sad: Fingers crossed for Jace. :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

Melinda
December 22nd, 2006, 03:10 PM
Wendover is quite a ways from Ottawa, google Papinak zoo and you'll find it, if I'm not mistaken, it's a 20 minute ride by car, mostly farm area

Golden Girls
December 23rd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Thank you Melinda :) ok, I'm not a spiritual person but I would like to ask everyone on board to please send pawsitive vibes Jace's way ... right now.

He was spotted last night outside a window right in Wendover. This morning two houses away in someone's lawn eating bird seeds.

ok 6 people are there including Cornwall Animal Control, Wendover Animal Control is on the way and the steak is about to be grilled!!!

The phone is beside me ... please Jace come home :fingerscr

mesaana
December 23rd, 2006, 12:35 PM
Sending good vibes Jace's way! :fingerscr

rainbow
December 23rd, 2006, 01:27 PM
Please let yourself be caught Jace. :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

chico2
December 23rd, 2006, 01:39 PM
GG,you got me in tears,I am sooo happy people have not given up on him.I don't know what to say,that has not already been said,but my heart and thoughts and good vibes are with Jace..please,please :fingerscr

Golden Girls
December 23rd, 2006, 01:50 PM
No way Chico ... it's been a soap opera trust me :D but this lil trooper is a tough one, we'll get him :pawprint: he's been a constant one paw ahead of everyone :fingerscr

Winston
December 24th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Good Morning! I am so anxiuos to hear of any news on Jace...Did he smell the steak on bbq? Were the animal control people able to catch him? I am really hoping to see a happy ending to this long ordeal for Jace....

Thinking of all involved :fingerscr

Cindy

K9Friend
December 24th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Where are you JACE!? :pray: :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr

cpietra16
December 24th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Do you need more bodies out there looking....I can't stand the wait:yell: wgere are you Jace...

Golden Girls
December 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry I'm so late posting, and at the same time I'm scared to post so I don't upset anyone but still no luck getting him. Yes they certainly could of used an army of people in this search to try and ambush him but I know of 4 people who's been sick and exhausted yet never once let up on their search.

Yoko/Dave, Martha/Don :grouphug: It's x-mas eve and their out there. And if needed, they'll be there again tomorrow x-mas day. What can I say except thank you from the bottom of all our hearts.

Golden Girls
December 24th, 2006, 11:24 AM
I just wanted to tell everyone I promise to post as soon as I hear of any news.

K9Friend
December 24th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks GG! :grouphug: :pawprint:

rainbow
December 24th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks from me too. :thumbs up :grouphug:

This is the first thread I check when I log on. C'mon Jace. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

chico2
December 25th, 2006, 07:41 AM
GG,although I was hoping for a Christmas Miracle:sad: I too am very greatful for your updates,thank's GG:dog:
Also if you get a chance,tell these 4 wonderful people,they and Jace are always on our mind and the positive vibes are pouring out to them and of course a great big Thank You for not giving up:love:

Frenchy
December 25th, 2006, 08:53 AM
GG,although I was hoping for a Christmas Miracle

But Christmas is not over yet :fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
December 25th, 2006, 10:27 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr

rainbow
December 28th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I read in Homer's thread that there have been sightings of Jace 60km away. Good luck and I pray for his safe return. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

Golden Girls
December 28th, 2006, 01:45 PM
As of last night I know there's been no sighting since Dec 23rd of Jace. Who's Homer, has there been a new sighting? :pray:

chico2
December 28th, 2006, 03:48 PM
GG,I don't know how to put Homers posts in here,but he is under"Lost Dog..please help"in the lost Forum and has been missing even longer than Jace,I believe:sad:

Golden Girls
December 28th, 2006, 04:19 PM
k - that's Yoko's post. Because he's been gone + 6-7 weeks she was saying after not seeing anything for 2 weeks it has given us hope bec of his recent sighting a few times last week the latest being Dec 23rd. Please know the search has never stopped and flyers are constantly being distributed by Yoko. Ya he's actually travelled 60 kw going east - always east :confused:

It's just so difficult when he hasn't been spotted - you never know where to look. Hawkesbury? Did he go back to Cumberland/Wendover? Or is he brave enough to cross border, gawd knows, Jace where are you :fingerscr

rainbow
December 28th, 2006, 05:22 PM
. Ya he's actually travelled 60 kw going east - always east.

It's just so difficult when he hasn't been spotted - you never know where to look. Hawkesbury? Did he go back to Cumberland/Wendover? Or is he brave enough to cross border, gawd knows, Jace where are you

Did Jace used to live "east" of where he went missing? Maybe he's heading back. :shrug:

C'mon Jace....please let yourself be caught. :fingerscr :fingerscr

BusterBoo
December 28th, 2006, 05:41 PM
:sad: it's going down to -17 in Ottawa tonight...even colder in the outer areas....

Hope Jace has found a nice barn somewhere to stay warm....:pray:

Golden Girls
December 29th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Rainbow, he wen't missing from Ottawa but yes he left Montreal a few months ago. The weather has got everyone worried. We can only hope he found a shed or something :fingerscr :sad: :fingerscr

On a pawsitive note, flyers will be distributed today in Hawkesbury and a search party's been organized for tomorrow. If anyone has an extra few hours tomorrow please just go along the water from Wendover, Cumberland through to Hawkesbury < -- wear boots, it's very swampy. I fear time is running out :pray:

chico2
December 29th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Oh no,GG:sad:
I wish he could feel the love and concern going over the Internet,to know he is not alone in his frozen world..poor beautiful Jace:sad:
:grouphug: and thank's to Yoko and friends who have not given up:love:

Golden Girls
December 29th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Oh no,GG:sad:
I wish he could feel the love and concern going over the Internet,to know he is not alone in his frozen world..poor beautiful Jace:sad:
:grouphug: and thank's to Yoko and friends who have not given up:love:If only he knew ... I have passed along all the heartfelt wishes, they were really appreciated :grouphug:

rainbow
December 30th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Fingers crossed for the search party today. :fingerscr :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr

technodoll
December 30th, 2006, 12:01 PM
if he's still alive and being spotted... then our thoughts and prayers are giving him strength. now if he would only come home... :pray: come home jace!

Winston
December 30th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I wonder if Jace is travelling at night ? and not during the day! I just find it so hard to believe that no one has been able to see him or lock him up in their yard or something! I keep thinking that if we leave a trail for Jace he has to come out for it! Food, treats whatever he liked? Maybe even some clothes that have a familiar scent on them in the last place he was spotted?? Something has to work!! Maybe we should ask people to BBQ tomorrow for New Years to bring out that good food smell!! Come on home Jace!!

Cindy
:candle:

rainbow
January 1st, 2007, 05:42 PM
Any luck finding Jace on the weekend? :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

Winston
January 1st, 2007, 06:51 PM
Hello

Hoping to hear some good news soon! Does anyone know for sure the last sighting and when and where it was?

Cindy
:fingerscr

Golden Girls
January 1st, 2007, 08:17 PM
I'm sorry, no news :sad: The last sighting was Dec 23rd 10h30 a.m. on rue Principale in Wendover. We can only pray someone somewhere will see a flyer and call. 613/425-0040 cell: 604/614-8895 24/7 = Yoko/Dave.

It's Jace's 6th birthday today, Happy Birthday sweet Jace. I don't blame you but I wish you could just trust enough to allow the people who love you to help you :pawprint:

chico2
January 2nd, 2007, 07:47 AM
GG,I know if he was found,you would come on here printing in capital letters,no need to ask anymore....:sad: but we still have hope and positive thoughts:love: :pray:
We won't forget about you Jace:love:

rainbow
January 2nd, 2007, 04:58 PM
I hope he is finding food somewhere. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

grimm
January 3rd, 2007, 06:10 PM
This is very sad. So many people actively looking for such a long time. Must be heartbreaking and so frustrating.

Poor Jace, hungry, tired and scared. I was really hoping and praying that he would be safe by now. :pray: :fingerscr

rainbow
January 12th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Any updates? :fingerscr :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr

BLB
January 12th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I have read all the last things on Jace and the last one said he was in Wendover. I am wondering have there been any sightings since and if you could use help searching. :fingerscr

Golden Girls
January 12th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Welcome and thank you.

An ad was placed in both Hawkesbury and Casselman papers and have had a few possible :pray: sightings (Limoges - south of Wendover)

Please call Yoko @ 613/425-0070 613/614-8895 (cell)< -- she is going this week-end :fingerscr

chico2
January 13th, 2007, 07:19 AM
GG,I was afraid to ask:sad:
It's been such a long time now,a big thank you to Yoko and others for still keeping the hope of finding Jace alive:fingerscr

Winston
January 13th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Found this update on Jace!

Is there anyone near this location that can keep their eyes open or even help out?

Cindy

See update below:

We received a call this morning at 830am. A lady said that her husband just called from his cell, saying that he had just passed a German Shepherd walking on the side of Highway 17 about 7 miles west of Hawkesbury (between Alfred and Hawkesbury). While he was not able to see if the dog had a collar on, this location and the pattern of walking along the highway very much sounds like Jace. I called Animal Control right away thinking that they could get to him much sooner than I could. It was so frustrating because they said that he was 7 miles out of their jurisdiction and that they could not help. They advised to call the SPCA. The SPCA said that they could do nothing and that I should call the township of Alfred. Maybe because Alfred is such a small town, their offices were closed and there was no emergency number to call. Next I called the OPP but of course they said that the most they could do is keep an eye out for him. I have not heard from them and unfortunately Dave and I did not see Jace today. We will go out again tomorrow and I'll be sure to post an update.

K9Friend
January 13th, 2007, 06:39 PM
This is killing me! :yell: Argh, I know someone who lives near there and will send them this post! :fingerscr

BLB
January 13th, 2007, 06:46 PM
After talking to Yoko and offering help in the search my husband and I drove to Hawkesbury and had a look around. Unfortunately we did not see any sight of him. The town was very busy at lunch time and he may have hidden from all the people we weren't sure if he had passed the town but my husband thought it might be to busy. We have friends out that way and have asked them to keep a look out. If the weather holds I can offer to help again tomorrow please keep me posted. :fingerscr that the sightings keep coming
Can we still download fliers of his picture

Winston
January 13th, 2007, 08:32 PM
The poster is on the first thread of this post! Lets pray for something for tomorrow! Come on home Jace!!!

:candle:

Cindy

Golden Girls
January 13th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Thank you so much BLB for going out and searching for Jace as well as a woman from the GSD board named Pat/Rigaud who also went to Hawkesbury today :grouphug:

Yoko/Dave went this afternoon then I went late afternoon - no luck :sad: I spent hours in the bush area where were hopeful it was Jace that was spotted this morning in a town called Lorignar which is right before Hawkesbury. If you go along the water area there is alot of trees and bushes, felt like 5 miles. I also seen alot of paw prints in the snow. It's sort of an isolated lil town with houses here and there but in the bush area there is alot hiding places like fallen trees where hopefully he can keep himself away from the wind.

I can't see Jace crossing the bridge to Quebec, it's too open and he's very very fearful of people. I'm not sure if he can pass Hawkesbury by the water,
does anyone know? I spoke to many people including the OPP and the town's main grocery store and handed out flyers. Maybe tomorrow :fingerscr

I've attached two closer photo's of him

chico2
January 14th, 2007, 07:17 AM
That means he is still alive,still hope,that is good news....hugs,good vibes,good luck to everyone not forgetting and still trying to find Jace:love: :fingerscr :fingerscr

K9Friend
January 14th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Thank you so much BLB for going out and searching for Jace as well as a woman from the GSD board named Pat/Rigaud who also went to Hawkesbury today :grouphug:

Yoko/Dave went this afternoon then I went late afternoon - no luck :sad: I spent hours in the bush area where were hopeful it was Jace that was spotted this morning in a town called Lorignar which is right before Hawkesbury. If you go along the water area there is alot of trees and bushes, felt like 5 miles. I also seen alot of paw prints in the snow. It's sort of an isolated lil town with houses here and there but in the bush area there is alot hiding places like fallen trees where hopefully he can keep himself away from the wind.

I can't see Jace crossing the bridge to Quebec, it's too open and he's very very fearful of people. I'm not sure if he can pass Hawkesbury by the water,
does anyone know? I spoke to many people including the OPP and the town's main grocery store and handed out flyers. Maybe tomorrow :fingerscr

I've attached two closer photo's of him

GG - thanks for the update!?? Did you mean to say the town of L'ORIGNAL??:pawprint:

Golden Girls
January 14th, 2007, 08:17 AM
K9 mis-spelled thanks :)

From Wendover going east it's Alfred then L'orignal (7 mile stretch) then Hawkesbury

I know Yoko will go through the area I covered last night especially because I was near something that was growling and although by then it had gotten really dark I definately was not alone (we just couldn't see where it was coming from) And the fresh paw prints were all over so :pray: it was either Jace :fingerscr or there is another GSD out there :sad: Jace has only been spotted either early morning or evenings wandering looking for food, guess he feels safe to only move then. Yoko know's exactly where to go this morning, probably as I'm typing. If anything I'll post.

BLB
January 14th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Wondering if anyone has heard anything today. Just wish my husband and I had talked to Golden Girls earlier may have been able to help more in search. :fingerscr :pray: for better news today

Golden Girls
January 15th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Your help was very appreciated BLB and because we don't know where Jace travels it's better we are all separated in different locations like we were. We don't have very many people searching to begin with so thank you again.

Unfortunately there was no sighting of him anywhere besides the Saturday. Both Yoko and I spoke to workers at the slaughterhouse in that town so they are aware of the situation and will try and capture him if they see him. Although they don't put fresh meat out for garbage (by-laws) we have reason to believe he may be finding a leg here and there :fingerscr . That's most probably the reason he's sticking around this town and hasn't been seen wondering too much.

We have no plans to end this search until he is found. :pawprint: :pray: :pawprint:

Winston
January 15th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Golden Girls! Thanks so much for the update! Do we know that this sighting was Jace? It is positive news that he is okay still! I hope he hangs around for awhile and learns to trust SOMEONE?? I worry about his health though? Just curious you mentioned in a previous post that you may have found something growling at you but it was too dark...Is that in the same area where Jace was spotted?

Cindy

Golden Girls
January 16th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Hi Cindy.
We can only hope it was Jace who was seen in front of L'Orignal Packin Sat morning, the area I was in and where I heard growling and fresh tracks. I do know all the tracks were definitely not coyote but that of a dog. The guy from the Packin Co. confirmed there are many coyote's which is actually good news because we now know there's food for him!

WE were screaming Jace's name making alot of noise whipping through the bushes so I'd be surprised if the growl came from a coyote who normally would run like hell from us :sad: people. But because their sounds could appear far yet actually be very close we didn't want to push it not to mention it's mating season, they'd now be in packs and even more territorial during this time. However they do growl as well so we weren't sure who exactly was mad at this invasion.

At this point we can only hope that someone will call with a sighting. Yoko has paid for the ad to appear again in both papers and I plan to go again one day this week. We can't lose hope :fingerscr

chico2
January 16th, 2007, 03:53 PM
GG,who is this wonderful person Yoko,was she a fostermom,or rescuer to Jace??
Hopefully he is sticking around the slaughterhouse,but people might take him for a Coyote,Jace must be quiet skinny by now...
Thank's to you also for helping out,wish I lived closer..

Golden Girls
January 16th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Believe it or not Yoko called this rescue to ask for help with another GSD who lives a life tied to a dog house and found out about Jace. Since then, Yoko jumped aboard and hasn't had a life since. She is one of the kindest most compassionate person I have ever met. I would love nothing more then for Jace to meet her :angel:

I'm hoping he stays put as well, maybe he's hanging around with the coyotes? The people don't bother with them - their harmless. You won't find any stray animals in those woods, I mean small ones :o

Winston
January 16th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Oh My God! What a wonderful women she is!!!!!! Kudo's to Yoko! I have always thought that she was Jace's new mom..Right from that day back in November when Jace went missing! She is an absolute Angel for doing this!! Jace has to come home now! Just to meet his Angel "Yoko"...

It is funny how these situations capture your heart! Jace has been on my mind everyday since November 13th! I can honestly say he has stolen a piece of my heart and I have not even had the pleasure to meet him!

Yoko you are truly a wonderful person with great dedication! Most people would have given up by now! Once again thinking about ALL of those people spending their time to look for this puppy!

Cindy
Hamilton

rainbow
January 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I also thought she was Jace's mom. Yoko, you truly are an angel. :angel: And, GG, you are as well. :angel:

I hope Jace will continue to hang around the slaughterhouse until he can be captured. :fingerscr

Stay safe Jace. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: :fingerscr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 16th, 2007, 09:28 PM
poor Jace - I really hope he is found soon - you guys are all amazing for looking for him so hard... I hope there is good news soon. :fingerscr

chico2
January 17th, 2007, 07:14 AM
I think everyone on this Forum would dress up in a snowsuit,armed with dog-food and join Yoko and GG,if we could and the best gift we could get is to see Jace safe and sound.
GG,please let Yoko know,we love her for what she is doing and are 100% with her,if only in spirit:love:

Golden Girls
January 18th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Chico I know you and others would help if you could. Thank you all for the good vibes - there very appreciated. People have been and are still out there looking for him. Let's just :pray: he can stay safe until

Winston
January 20th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Hello

I just found this update and thought I would cross post here! Is there anyone that can help with this sighting of Jace..I am too far away! Anyone near Hawkesbury?? Here is the update! If anyone can help !! Lets hope he is caught! I worry about him being on the Ottawa River especially if it is not completely frozen!!!

Cindy
Hamilton

Update!
I just received a phone call at 1200pm today (about 10 minutes ago) and Jace (hopefully) was seen about 5 miles west of L'Orignal Packing walking along the frozen Ottawa River. I just called Jill and she will be driving in that area to see if she can sight him (thank you Jill!) Is there anyone else close by that would be able to help? Thanks everyone!

Golden Girls
January 20th, 2007, 12:51 PM
That is an update from Yoko. Were on the phone. The man that spotted what we hope is Jace is going to keep an eye out for him again. He now has all our #'s and were just waiting. He's in the town called Lefaivre which is just b4 Lorignal. He know's that Jace is not aggressive so he will try his best to capture or lure him even if that means jumping him. :fingerscr this man has 3 Malamutes so he's experienced. :pray:

K9Friend
January 20th, 2007, 12:55 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :pray: :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr

Thanks for the update GG! Stay safe Jace! :pray: :pray:

chico2
January 20th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Oh WOW,the best news so far,I have fingers and toes crossed hoping he'll finally be safe:fingerscr :dog:
A question,if he had been without food this long,he would not have the strenght to even walk,right??
So it must mean he has had some nourishment at least.

phoenix
January 20th, 2007, 04:36 PM
:candle: :fingerscr :pray: :pray:

Let yourself be caught, Jace! So many angels working for you, sweetheart!

rainbow
January 20th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the encouraging update. Hopefully, if the man can take one of his malamutes, he will be able to gain Jace's trust. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: :fingerscr

the gang
January 20th, 2007, 07:10 PM
any news???

BLB
January 21st, 2007, 09:26 AM
Thank you so much for the update GG my husband asked me to log on and check as we haven't heard anything. It has been very cold here and I am battling a foot invection in my shepherd. She is unable to track but I maybe able to go and look myself today. If I'm right you said he's on the river which is not completely frozen hope this man with Mals can help. Will try to get in touch with Yoko as I have the number you gave me.:candle: :fingerscr :pray:

grimm
January 21st, 2007, 04:19 PM
All of you searching for Jace and not giving up are true inspiration for the rest of us. :pray: :fingerscr

Golden Girls
January 22nd, 2007, 09:26 AM
No news http://bestsmileys.com/nono/3.gif

Loves Labs
January 23rd, 2007, 06:31 AM
Hello,

I am a new member, but I have been following this thread everyday since the beginning. This story is breaking my heart but there is definitely still hope. I would love to help search if you need me. I live in the Ottawa area.

:fingerscr For Jace :fingerscr

Shannon

chico2
January 23rd, 2007, 07:24 AM
Shannon,I think most of us here have Jace on our mind,the hope he'll be found:fingerscr it's very sad,however he has many people rooting for him.
I am sure the wondeful people who have not yet given up and probably never will,would appreciate any help they can get:thumbs up Thank's!

Golden Girls
January 23rd, 2007, 07:47 AM
Oh WOW,the best news so far,I have fingers and toes crossed hoping he'll finally be safe:fingerscr :dog:
A question,if he had been without food this long,he would not have the strenght to even walk,right??
So it must mean he has had some nourishment at least.Exactly Chico, the guy Eric that seen him last Saturday said he was running at a good pace from him. He identified Jace from the flyer so were sure it was him. I admit we were frantic because he was in the middle of antibiotics when he 1st escaped from an infection but if this was him then he's obviously finding food and shelter :fingerscr

Another thing that had us worried was he lived in a cage for 5 years (don't know his story prior) only going out for a quickie a few times a day as he was extremely fearful of people. He was transported to Ottawa last Sept where a dog trainer worked with him for about a month and she thought he was ready to finally have a home to call his own. The 1st adoptor unfortunately broke her hip and he was sent back to the dog trainer's facility. Then Marge this wonderful lady adopted him and not a month later he bolted one day when she came home.

Basically this poor dog just hasn't had a break and it appears he just doesn't want to be captured. Inside, I don't blame him much but I and people like Yoko can't and won't give up - we will keep trying until ... can't lose hope :pray:

Shannon welcome and thank you. I will pm you both mine and Yoko's #'s, we really could use and appreciate anyone's help

Golden Girls
January 23rd, 2007, 07:51 AM
Thank you so much for the update GG my husband asked me to log on and check as we haven't heard anything. It has been very cold here and I am battling a foot invection in my shepherd. She is unable to track but I maybe able to go and look myself today. If I'm right you said he's on the river which is not completely frozen hope this man with Mals can help. Will try to get in touch with Yoko as I have the number you gave me.:candle: :fingerscr :pray:I'm sorry I didn't see your post BLB :o I hope your GSD's foot is better :grouphug: I'll pm you my # as well.

ycarter
January 23rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone for all their prayers, support, and encouragement. It really means a lot! And a special thanks to GoldenGirls and BLB for going out and helping in the search for Jace. Shannon, I really appreciate your offer to help as well. Please call me whenever you have time- thanks.

Unfortunately I have not had any more sighting calls since the call from Eric on Saturday (GSD walking along the frozen Ottawa River).

I will definitely update once again if I have any more calls.

chico2
January 23rd, 2007, 03:56 PM
By the Y,I understand you are Yoko,right:confused: I just wanted to say,you are a wonderful person for caring soo much about Jace,thank you!
Our hopes and prayers will not end until he is found:fingerscr

GG,thank you for giving us Jace's story,a very sad one to be sure:sad: poor pup.
I just wish he would understand,there will be no more cages for him(I hope!)and everyone has grown to care about him.
So,please stop running Jace!! Make us all happy!!

Mahealani770
January 24th, 2007, 12:50 PM
This story is breaking my heart. I don't know how I've missed it all this time. Anyway, my prayers are with Jace:pray: :fingerscr :pawprint:

K9Friend
January 27th, 2007, 07:56 AM
** any news**..? :sad:

BLB
January 27th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Just wanted to see if anyone has news on Jace. :sad:

cpietra16
January 27th, 2007, 08:08 PM
any more sightings?????:fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
January 28th, 2007, 01:04 PM
C'mon Jace. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

Golden Girls
January 28th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Not a word :sad: At this point we are just hoping for a sighting :pray: :fingerscr :pray:

Yoko contacted again Animal Control in Hawkesbury where she was told a GSD was picked up last Friday (not this past Fri). For a minute we were frantic as it had a collar and was very thin. Animal Control later confirmed it was an abadoned and very frightened female approx 6-7 mth old.

Just in the nic of time Yoko contacted someone who went and rescued this little girl from being euthanized. She had already been transported to the vet so time was of essence - PHEW and thanks so much to Yoko :angel:

rainbow
January 28th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the update. Kudos to Yoko :highfive: she truly is an angel. :angel:

Positive thoughts and prayers continuing for Jace. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: :fingerscr

chico2
January 28th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Lucky GSD-baby,Yoko must be a really wonderful person,we need more people like her:love:
I just wish her efforts would be rewarded by Jace finally letting himself be caught:fingerscr :pray:

the gang
February 1st, 2007, 04:18 PM
any news:fingerscr

rainbow
February 1st, 2007, 05:30 PM
I check here every day hoping that Jace has been found. C'mon Jace. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

K9Friend
February 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
I do too..:sad: :pawprint:

BLB
February 4th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Just wondering about Jace has anyone got news the forcast here is terrible and am wondering. Any cross posts.:sad:

Winston
February 4th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I think everyone is on edge waiting for news! The wonderful thing here is that we are all thinking of him! If he only knew?? Come on home Jace I hear you have a girlfriend waiting for you!

Cindy

chico2
February 4th, 2007, 12:50 PM
If we are totally honest,his chances of surviving this long must be slim,unless someone has taken him in,but we still hope for him to be found alive,until we know different:fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
February 4th, 2007, 05:27 PM
I hope he is safe and finding food somewhere. :fingerscr C'mon Jace. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Golden Girls
February 5th, 2007, 09:06 AM
I think everyone is on edge waiting for news! The wonderful thing here is that we are all thinking of him! If he only knew?? Come on home Jace I hear you have a girlfriend waiting for you! Cindy
:fingerscrSadly there's been no sighting of Jace. So many flyers have been distributed and ad's are still in place so unless someone calls I'm afraid there's no other way to help Jace. It's such a huge area to cover :shrug: and the longer it is the further away he can travel. It's heartbreaking not knowing :sad:

That being said yes he has a 4-ever home with Don and Marthe. They had "Roxanne" a GSD helping in the search for Jace from the beginning as both Jace and Roxanne were rescued and transported together from Monteregie so ya their bud's already. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr for a new sighting.

chico2
February 5th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Awww GG and it has been so cold,poor Jace wherever he is:sad:
Hopefully someone has taken him in and loves him,I don't even want to think of the alternative:sad:

BLB
February 10th, 2007, 10:28 AM
No updates on Jace. Has anyone heard anything:candle: :pray: :fingerscr

Golden Girls
February 15th, 2007, 06:19 PM
There has been no sighting :pray:
Mindis12 Can you please pm me this rescue's info. thank you

Winston
February 18th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Thinking about Jace today! Still keep hoping to hear something!!! :angel:

Cindy

Winston
March 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM
I thought I would take this opportunity to post a few updates from another forum where people have been searching for Jace....I did not post sooner because I did not want to post in advance of Yoko posting her information...However with a sad heart I am posting some of the most recent threads for those that I know for sure on this forum would like to know.....

Special thanks goes out to all of those that helped find poor Jace and escpecially BLB on this forum! You were sooo! willing to help! I am still praying for a miracle! Also for poor Homer! & Maximus! and all those still missing!

Regards

Cindy

Here are a few threads!

Update # 1

This is another heartbreaking story... It looks like after that stray girl got picked up there were no more sightings. Perhaps all those previous sightings were of her and not Jace... Perhaps Jace is still in that original swampy area or who knows where else... what an absolutely depressing situation and not knowing must be the hardest part for all involved individuals...

Yoko, we admire all your hard work and are very sad with you...

Update # 2

Thank you Anna and everyone else for all your prayers and support.

I still think of Jace everyday but am at the point where I am not sure what to do. I still have hope but have given up on actively searching for him as we have had no sightings. I do however continue to call all the pounds and townships between Hawkesbury and Montreal every week, just so that they know that we are still looking for Jace.

Will update once again if I have any news.

Update #3

YOU KNOW.. WHEN I WENT OUT LOOKING FOR jace a few weeks back about a sighting of a gsd, i felt and knew i would find him... instead a a female was picked up a few days later, and on her last day, she was sent to rescue. I wanted, yes WAS going to find JACE and send him home..i mometarily thought of JACE AND JACK NOT GETTING ON, BUT PUT IT ASIDE, AND figured i would worry about it later., as i am a true believer that every problem has a solution.. but i didnt find Jace....i so wanted to find that poor boy.. spent hours looking.. but no Jace.. we came home to cottage all dejected.. i home and pray, some-one took him in, and he is living the life of riley now.. thats what i wish an hope for for Jace...its so hard not knowing.. but we tried.. JILL

Update #4

Again, I'm so very sorry Yoko that you have to go through so much heartache ... and I have to agree that physical search at this point would not make much sense as Jace, if still alive, could be anywhere. Better concentrate energy elsewhere and just call shelters as you are doing... Miracles do happen and maybe one day that important call will come. If Jace perished, at least he does not suffer, is not scared any longer... poor sweetie... if someone took him in, let's hope that they are kind to him and that Jace finally found home...

Thank you Jill for helping, maybe your kind thoughts helped the stray scared girl to get into a nice, safe home... this world works in his own special ways...

chico2
March 5th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Thank you Winston,tears are flowing right now for Jace,if he has perished,I hope he fell asleep and just did not wake up,no pain,just forever sleep.
Reading those posts is just so sad...:sad:
There is still hope someone took him in,but beeing as frightened and skittish as he was,I think that possibility is slim,but we can always hope.:fingerscr

rainbow
March 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Very sad updates but I still have hope. :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes:

K9Friend
March 5th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Still breaks my heart...:sad: :pray: :pawprint:

shirley1011
March 6th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Breaks my heart....I know too well the exhausting effort to find these
lost souls...it consumes you and then to loose in the end is devastating.
Spring will soon be here and if they have managed to find shelter thru
the worst of the winter perhaps a miracle will happen when the weather
breaks.
I know that fearing the worst breaks your heart but keep praying for a
miracle.

K9Friend
May 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
It seems there was a recent sighting of him...I sure hope it's him! :pray: :fingerscr

This dog is still missing. He was sighted in St. Eugene (just west of Montreal) on Saturday, April 28th.

If seen please call local Animal Control (514) 735-2711 as well as (24/7):(
Dave & Yoko- (613)992-6592 or (613)425-0070

He is very shy and frightened. He seems to be following the Ottawa river east toward Montreal.

rainbow
May 4th, 2007, 11:19 PM
OMG.....I soooo hope that it's Jace. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Winston
May 5th, 2007, 05:43 AM
OMG I really hope so! You know on May 13, 07 it will be 6 months he has been away from his home!

Sending lots of good vibes out to Yoko and family!

Cindy

chico2
May 5th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Oh Jace,we never give up hope,6 months is a long time,but still:pray:

cpietra16
May 5th, 2007, 07:00 AM
TAlk About an emotional rollercoaster:eek: but great to hear non the less

shirley1011
May 5th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Never give up Hope....Sable has been missing for just over 8 months and
we have had three wonderful sightings in the past four days all in the same
area....never underestimate the GSD.

Winston
August 15th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Just wondering what happened with the lead back in May? Any updates k9friend?

Cindy

chico2
August 15th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Cindy,I did not know you were so actively involved in trying to find Jace,like with Sable,it is a very frustrating sad story..
I don't suppose there are any good news about Jace....:confused:

Winston
August 15th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Chico I am not actively involved but think of him everyday! Its funny Jace brought me to Pets.ca!! I saw something on another site about Jace going missing and then followed another link about him and it was on this site! (Of course I had to join!!) He broke my heart! so many people looked for him.. All the leads...and still nothing! I remember it was the same time that Maddie (the husky) went missing for I think the second time in the Montreal area...anyway, I was thinking about the post back in May and then no updates?? It is so sad that there are so many missing...

Cindy

chico2
August 16th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Yes Winston,I too remember Maddie and her constant running,we never heard anything more about them:sad:

rainbow
August 16th, 2007, 06:32 PM
I've often wondered about Jace and Homer and Daisy and, of course, the escape artist Maddie.

Does anyone know if the sighting of Jace in May had a happy ending? :fingerscr :fingerscr

chico2
August 17th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Rainbow,I believe had there been happy endings,I am sure we would have heard...

K9Friend
August 17th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Sorry guys, I haven't been on here in a while! I never heard any more about Jace unfortunately! :sad: :pawprint: :candle: