Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Montréal Doggie Playdates???

Praellwyn
November 30th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Hi!

Pls help!!!

My 4 1/2 yr old Bulli, Scarlet, & I are looking for playdates wé crazy dogs in downtown Montréal. Our local dog run is dominated by large runners who ignore her & small dogs try to attack. I am looking for a pets-friendly apt. so that we can add another furry friend but she needs playdates. I can no longer afford doggy daycare after her multiple surgeries (lung & back legs reconstructions) & meds. She needs someone her size or smaller & energetic to stimulate her.

Thnx:grouphug:

x.l.r.8
November 30th, 2006, 01:28 PM
What a great Idea, Montreal is way to far for us but as a concept its superb. Most people on this site have well trained and socially responsible dogs (or at least know their pets limitations, rather than going to a dog park and :fingerscr for the best. I hope you manage to attract a following. Maybe even get a sticky and a regular group thing going. If only Singhampton had more than 6 people living here I'd be trying the same thing.Good on you :highfive:

technodoll
November 30th, 2006, 01:34 PM
i agree with xlr8, what a great idea! i live in montreal and would looove my furkids to have playdates with other like-sized and like-minded doggies, outside of those muddy cruddy dog parks... unfortunately my dogs are too big and rambunctuous for what you are looking for but i hope :fingerscr you will find someone!

anybody has a large friendly fiesty female or submissive male who wants to play with two akitas? :o

Puppyluv
November 30th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Where in Montreal are you Praellwyn? I'd be up for it, as would my girl. And TD, she's ot big, but shes feisty, is that enough?;)

technodoll
November 30th, 2006, 01:56 PM
LOL puppyluv i was afraid to ask, seeing as layla went through so much lately... is she ready to run n'tumble? :D i found this great little field not far where they can run... lots of mice for them to hunt... no cops :p

Puppyluv
November 30th, 2006, 02:09 PM
. no cops :p

:eek: That's unheard of!

Well based on her playing while (shhhh) illegally offleash in lafontaine, I'd deffinately seay she's up for it! Let me know when is good for you and I'm game!

technodoll
November 30th, 2006, 02:19 PM
hah! based on the weather for the next 10 days it's "stay indoors or get wet and/or freeze" :mad: totally nasty... i'd say tonight is the best bet, in the rain.. 9C. tomorrow the temps drop and it's freezing rain/drizzle! in any case i'll be there, no choice... the dogs have to let loose after a day stuck inside sleeping. soo.... if you want to join me that's awesome! plenty of parking btw. i'll be there around 6:30pm, after the chiro... it's at the top of Henri-Julien Street, just before the train tracks, the field is on the left. :)

Puppyluv
November 30th, 2006, 02:28 PM
:sorry: Oh the one night of the week I can't :( I have to work tonight Blegghh. But if you go again, even if it's not for a long time, let me know, and I'll put the girl in the car for a ride. Have fun though!!:)

technodoll
November 30th, 2006, 02:35 PM
awe! well you'll be busy tonight in this uuggy rain, secure those heavy tip jars!! LOL! :D can i PM you next time i go? meaning, do you check your mails often enough, LOL! i'm there about 4 evenings per week and often on weekends ...

x.l.r.8
November 30th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Woo hoo, there's 3 right there:grouphug: how will you recognise each other, maybe you can all take your owners along to hold leashes :D :D :D

Puppyluv
December 1st, 2006, 12:24 AM
Wooh, long night that was:clown:
Sure TD, pm me next time you go, now that classes are pretty uch over, I'm on my computer full time writing papers, so I'll see the message pretty soon after you send it.

x.l.r.8- you don't need to recoginize the people, just the furries! Of course, Maika and Dakotah are easier to recognize than most:cloud9:

Prin
December 1st, 2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah, when I met techno, before I even saw her, I heard "Is that Jemma and Boo?!" :D

mafiaprincess
December 1st, 2006, 01:26 AM
Libby and Pheonix didn't recognize me at Slobberfest, they recognized the buff coloured cocker spaniel with leg poms.

x.l.r.8
December 1st, 2006, 01:43 AM
heh heh heh, I was talking to the furries;) :D :D :D