Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

nice weather=crazy beasts

pitgrrl
November 29th, 2006, 09:32 PM
My dogs have gone MAD!
Ever since yesterday, when it got really warm here, the dogs have reverted back to crazy puppies. They're bouncing, jumping, flying every which way and seem to have forgotten every word they ever learned. I swear they're practically vibrating they're so excited.

We caused a total scene outside an SAQ this evening when they saw not one, but two people they know at the same time. All of a sudden they were jumping up to face level to hand out kisses, which looks pretty crazy when it's two 70 lbs dogs doing this in the middle of 5 o'clock sidewalk traffic.

Are other people's dogs this affected by weather changes, or are mine just really intense hippies, in tune with the earth's vibrations or something?

Prin
November 29th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Mine are pretty blasť about everything... :shrug: The first snow is major for them... Well, actually every new snow, but otherwise they don't really care.:o

Must have been a funny scene though.:D

Hunter's_owner
November 30th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Yeah my dogs too only get excited about the weather when there is enough snow done for them to play in/roll in. Other than that the weather doesn't affect them at all.

Amy's Mom
December 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
My dog goes crazy when it warms up so I think it must be the change in weather. I have been sick with flu and my roommate has been taking Amy out for her walks. Of course, we have had a snowstorm and then a cold spell so she hasn't been able to go very far. Amy went absolutely nuts when I finally took her out the other day. The weather was beautiful and she could walk all she wanted and explore. She even greeted a friend this morning with her tail up and wagging and gave her kisses and everything, even though her normal greeting is a little bark and then hide behind mom.

Prin
December 3rd, 2006, 01:09 AM
ooo here comes the snowy weather... Bring on the crazy beasts.:D

OntarioGreys
December 3rd, 2006, 05:47 AM
We have had 2 days of heavy rain and wind. Yesterday/today is cold, frosty and a light dusting of snow and they are all extra energetic. Maya has her crazys everyday even in the pouring rain now it is just a bigger burst

mummummum
December 3rd, 2006, 06:40 AM
As soon as the cool weather start my gang gets a serious case of the boings. That and the fling-myself-on-the-ground-into-the-crazy-twists.

rainbow
December 3rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
Awww....she's making snow angels. :D

Mocha's mum
December 4th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Hee hee hee!!! Mum, that is the best picture I've seen in a long time!!! Mocha does that too...outside, on the rug, on the bed....on the cat sometimes! :D

Mocha loves the snow, he bounces through it like a bunny. But when he's tired of it, he's really tired of it. Or when it's really cold outside, he'll just sit on the ground (like he's going to rub his bum), and lift up his back legs, and stare at me; like "mum....I don't like this anymore".

It's been considerably warmer the last few days, and Mokes is mad as a fish!! You literally have to pick him up and carry him in the house after he's done his duty. Which is kind of a hassle when I have to go back to work after lunch. But I think it's the funniest thing I've ever seen, especially when he gets so excited he paces around, and kind of looks like he's smiling....hee hee!!

So, to answer your question Pitgrrl, no....your pups aren't nuts! Unless it's contagious via the internet!! Ha ha ha!! :D

~michelle~
December 4th, 2006, 09:41 PM
there was a very light covering of snow on the ground for the first time today and the puppies went completely dumb!!!! they were crazy and forgot about everything, but thats what i get for having huskys.... they arent a big fan of the warm weather but the cold they love.... i think im going to near some more functional winter gear this year, i usually hate the cold and get cute winter wear, but now that i have huskys i think i better start liking the cold and fast!