Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bullie Walks in Ottawa....!

babyrocky1
November 29th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, Ottawa needs to get in the game, I know there are bullies in Ottawa just dying for some more socialization and a good party, so how bout it, theres a few people trying to start one, I can hook you up!:dog:
Yes we ARE trying to take over the province :D

PetFriendly
November 29th, 2006, 07:04 PM
As I understand it, there are a number that are walked under the cover of darkness in Bells Corners... By-law doesn't really care, they don't enforce pro-actively, they only respond to complaints, if they have time. But watch out for the OPP and Ottawa Police... Even if they are doing soemthing else they'll stop you and ask about your dog.

Personally, Charley (my little dog) and I love the two staffies that live next door. They are welcome to come over and play in my fenced back yard anytime, without a leash or mussle. :thumbs up

Rottielover
November 29th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Can I bring a rottweiler ??, I live not so far

babyrocky1
November 29th, 2006, 08:53 PM
As I understand it, there are a number that are walked under the cover of darkness in Bells Corners... By-law doesn't really care, they don't enforce pro-actively, they only respond to complaints, if they have time. But watch out for the OPP and Ottawa Police... Even if they are doing soemthing else they'll stop you and ask about your dog.

Personally, Charley (my little dog) and I love the two staffies that live next door. They are welcome to come over and play in my fenced back yard anytime, without a leash or mussle. :thumbs up
Maybe when I get all the info you could let the two Staffies know about the walk!!! Under cover of darkness??? the pittie co-op does fully legal walks.... we are sometimes in the public eye and want to be "above ground" the new Ottawa group will likely be the same, I have to check back with her and see if shes going to do it under the umbrella of the co-op, if so our mandate includes "pit bull type dogs" as well as there supporters....so Rottis would be very welcome... I will post again with some more clarification, if they are going to be part of our co-op as in an Ottawa chapter then our mandate will apply...regardless Im still sure other dogs would be more than welcome!!!!!

pittymomma
December 5th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Don't worry Babyrocky - we will follow the Co Ops mandate!!

I am trying to get the lazy Ottawa folk out and about and show of our uber well behaved dogs by following law.

I think all breeds are welcome the more the merrier. But if you own a pit bull type dog I wanna see a muzzle on them!!!

V

Rottielover
December 5th, 2006, 10:14 AM
no bully breed for me, but I own the next one on ONT list of bans.....please post where and when, would love to meet others

erykah1310
December 6th, 2006, 12:05 AM
I kinda want to go too. Ottawa isnt that far and its a good road trip.. what are these walks all about? ( sorry if it seems ignorant but i really dont know) Although my Kita is no where near a pit she does kinda fall under the "similarity" category so I suppose I have to muzzle her, just to be safe.
I'd like to learn more as well.

babyrocky1
December 6th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Don't worry Babyrocky - we will follow the Co Ops mandate!!

I am trying to get the lazy Ottawa folk out and about and show of our uber well behaved dogs by following law.

I think all breeds are welcome the more the merrier. But if you own a pit bull type dog I wanna see a muzzle on them!!!

VLOL V I just wanted to know if you wanted us to advertise you Ottawa folks on the co-op web site as a potential chapter, that way we can give you flyers etc. and direct people to the yahoo group for organizing... Im certainly not worried about you of all people running a responsible group!

Sounds like theres some interest already.... wahooo!!! If we can get a LOndon, Toronto, Mississauga group meeting in the summer, now that would be quite an adventure!:dog: :dog: :dog: :Might not need muzzles in the summer if our legal issues are straightened out:pray: :pray: :pray:

Odieandmaggiesd
December 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
I'd be interested in taking my staffies...but I refuse to muzzel them...never have and never will...granted I keep two muzzels with me in case I get bothered...but they don't liek being muzzeled and I'm not gonna force them to do something they don't want to do...
You should know that I live in a small town and I know most of the law enforcement people...they never give me any trouble with my dogs...if anything...they will often pull over and come say hi to us :D