Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat diet concern and hi bit long

loopoo
November 28th, 2006, 08:14 PM
hi

i am the proud owner of a male golden-riker, and a female russian blue cat pantera. my cat has gotten overweight last few years, she is 11, my concern was a bout of diarrhea when we switched her to blue buffalo, wont use that again. Anyway she was diagnosed with beginning of pancreatitis and a bacterial infection, never had an issue before. So my question is, as she is recovering and currently on baby food, the vet insist she be on the r/d hills medical diet to be on for life, she has to have low fat, this is also lower calorie and high fibre. She has had previous issues with bit of constipation, she is an avid groomer prior to that. I love her dearly and she is slowly losing weight, but the ingredients in that food have me concerned. I feed my golden chicken soup, but he has no issues healthwise. Do any of you have a similiar issue? I would never just put her on a new food, even a premium as I am bit hesitant after the last issue with blue buffalo, and i want to keep her well. just wonder if there is a food that is comparable for her health condition, that would help her lose weight but not agravate her pancreas with better ingredients.When i see by products and corn, etc. i cringe. Sorry for the long post, have been lurking awhile reading much on these boards, you all seem like nice folks.

Thanks, Loopoo

brandynva
November 28th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Hello and welcome! I'm sorry your kitty isn't feeling well. :( I can't offer ANY food advice, but I did want to say hello! Also, have you checked the dog/cat food forum? Or done a search for the particular food? I know that some of the people on here are a real whiz when it comes to that kind of stuff. Anyway, you'll have to post pictures soon and I hope to see you around! :D

loopoo
November 29th, 2006, 11:25 AM
hi and thanks)

i did search the forums extensively for anyone that was dealing with the same health issue, couldnt find it, did look in the food category as well, i will try a search as you suggested, i instead went through a ton of the posts) hopefully will get up pics of my two "kids" before the holidays.

:)

brandynva
November 29th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah, i learned the hard way that searching was soooo much easier. Good luck and can't wait for those pics!