Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

This mentality bothers me ( rant)

erykah1310
November 28th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I frequently talk with this person who is constantly on me about the whole " Oh well my dog would tear that dog apart... your dogs apart... anyone apart"
It really irritates me, why would you even think of things like that? And this behavior from the dog is encouraged ( "get the puppy dog") and so on. This dog is always "on" so to speak, and then the owner wonders why the dog is crazy around certain things. The dog has such a gentle demeanor too, it wants to be friends with things but knows it isnt allowed. This dog has never been in a real fight ever, but the owner is confident that she would win hands down because of her size and strenght.... Its so annoying. Last night it was Meik that was the subject of the @ss kicking by this dog... Realistically *IF* it ever would happen ( which it wouldnt) this dog wouldnt kill him.... sure he'd be injured but so would the other one ( he's a nasty dog with others, so he is kept away from them, I dont encourage fighting AT ALL)
SO basically Kita is a wimp, Meik is a small arrogant little guy and Puppy is useless..... That is what really gets me.... this is implyed on a weekly basis!
Dog i hate people who are like this.... it really gets my goat so to speak....:frustrated:
I am sick of hearing it, and how on earth can i shut this person up about it?

we3beagles
November 28th, 2006, 02:03 PM
And people like that are generally surprise when their "my dog can kick anythings a$$" pet rips them a new one. Imagine what you have to do to a dog that gentle to make it mean enought to hate everything.:sad:

erykah1310
November 28th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Iknow there is no abuse what so ever, for a fact, but the dog is constantly "on" and if kita is around ( cause she is such a pushover, they get along :rolleyes: ) inturn this person tries to get Kita to be "on" too, sure she will bark but not throw a fit like the other does. Kita is protective, not aggressive.... there is a HUGE difference there. I know kita would protect me with her life if the need arose, but shes not gonna be a menace or a danger to society for nothing.

TeriM
November 28th, 2006, 02:15 PM
People are idiots. If you don't really like this person then just tell them your opinion. She is just setting herself up for a lawsuit if her dog ever did actually hurt someone/something because there would be lots of witnesses stating that she trained/encouraged the dog to be aggressive.

technodoll
November 28th, 2006, 02:16 PM
erykah you can safely assume this person has self-confidence issues, feels threatened by the world and has no backbone to face challenges, so yeah this type of person gets teeth on 4 legs to hide behind and "fight back" for them and try to hide their lack of courage and general wimpyness. like they say... with friends like that, you don't need enemies. i would cut the ties before anything bad happened, you don't want to be associated with trouble :(

rainbow
November 28th, 2006, 02:19 PM
I agree and I would just flat out tell her. People like her should not have animals. :mad:

erykah1310
November 28th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I agree and I would just flat out tell her. People like her should not have animals. :mad:

I whole heartedly agree rainbow.

And techno that is a very good point, I feel something is going to happen one day and I really dont need that in my head ( if i am there ) It just frusterates me soo much.!

CyberKitten
November 28th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I agree with Rainbow - I would explain to her that this line of thinking is very annoying and even bad for the dog. You could explain to her how she is hurting her dog, not helping him!! (Tho it prob says more about her personality anyway.)

Prin
November 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Aww, you're just jealous because you know Boo can take any of your dogs. :p

Just kidding.. of course.. (even though he really could :D, ok just kidding again)

Yeah, I've met my share of these twits. One had a dobie who was humping small dogs and I said "can you remove your dog" and they replied "if the other dog doesn't like it, why isn't he defending himself?" Uhh, because he doesn't have a death wish?!:rolleyes:

Yeah, unfortunately people suck.:shrug:

x.l.r.8
November 28th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Well I can say 'my dog would lick your dog', really thats all he does, he nearly drowned this cockapoo at class. I take pride in the fact my dog is as passive as he can be, if he gets excited I want to have the ability to divert his attention to something more sociable. Everyone has to have something to brag about, it's a shame this person is so uneducated to think the biggest baddest dog is what impresses others. If he had a mean dog and he taught it to be submissive, that would be something to boast about, but not the other way around.

erykah1310
November 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I just get so sick of hearing it, and it makes my blood boil most of the time. Cant take it to the pet store cause its gonna make a scene, cant take it there, cause its gonna kill something and so on. meanwhile Kita and puppy can go anywhere and not care at all about other dogs, Meik is dog aggressive and I dont like it, so.. i work on it , to try to stop it. I find it embarassing that he acts that way sometimes, but still has to be 'trained' to behave.

ITs just so frustrating. Makes my stomache turn...( and eyes roll) everytime its said. (which is daily too by the way) like really I dont care nor do i think its anything to boast about....

TMac
December 1st, 2006, 09:55 PM
Could you report this person to the municipality/bylaw for anything?? :shrug: I'd just be itching to do that...even if it doesn't result in anything, it creates a file that could be useful should anything (God forbid) happen as a result of this idiot's behaviour.

Golden Girls
December 2nd, 2006, 06:58 AM
Stupid people always amaze me. Maybe if you just say exactly what you think ... it'll embarrass her in shutting up :shrug: or if your really lucky ... she might stop talking to you :)

HunterXHunter
December 4th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Or maybe you should just fight fire with fire...

What kind of job does that person have? Do you make more than they do? If so, comment on how much more you get paid. If they complain that they don't like your behaviour of comparing salaries, tell them that's how you feel when they compare pets/dogs :D ...something like that should shut them up for good.

TeriM
December 4th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Could you report this person to the municipality/bylaw for anything?? :shrug: I'd just be itching to do that...even if it doesn't result in anything, it creates a file that could be useful should anything (God forbid) happen as a result of this idiot's behaviour.

But that could unfairly prejudice the persons dog :sad: .

TMac
December 4th, 2006, 06:35 PM
But that could unfairly prejudice the persons dog :sad: .

Maybe, but I think a lot of animal control officers know the real story when the police/bylaw get called time and time again to the same house...Maybe you could report them for instigating dog fights if there is a bylaw in your area about that. :shrug: