Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

i think maika has a cold

technodoll
November 27th, 2006, 10:01 PM
my poor girl. she started sneezing a bit last night, and tonight again a couple dozen sneezes before i took the kids out for a walk, another dozen while walking to the fields, then it more or less subsided... but she's pretty mellow tonight which is not typical specially on a rainy day. her eyes are weeping tears but her nose is not leaking and is fairly normal. i just noticed some swelling between her eyes and the top of her lip, it's on both sides and feels like two gelatinous lumps just under her skin, the size and shape of jellybeans. really strange. they weren't there a few hours ago. what the heck? :confused: she drinking normally, eating her cookies, playing with dakotah, etc but her eyes are not sparkly mischievous as normal. i hope it passes and that she didn't catch anything from one of the dogs she played with yesterday? :confused:

Rottielover
November 27th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Can she catch a common cold?, or can it be starting of kennel cough, does she cough or just sneezes

mafiaprincess
November 27th, 2006, 10:13 PM
See what you get from reading my two threads :p
She is contagious. ;)

technodoll
November 27th, 2006, 10:32 PM
ha ha MP! i told maika not to read the forum but... :rolleyes:

no coughing, just sneezing. when she was a puppy and got an upper respiratory infection it started with lots of sneezing. i'll keep an eye out and if green goop starts flying from her nose, off to the vet she goes. antibiotics cleared it right up last time. i hope she fights it off on her own though. :fingerscr

Prin
November 27th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Good luck. And if Maika needs some vet kibble, let us know so we can have a chuckle... :evil:

jiorji
November 27th, 2006, 11:16 PM
my goodness lots of sic pups on the board this month. I hope everybody gets better soon :)

technodoll
November 27th, 2006, 11:19 PM
he hehehehhe heee! hmm. yeah sure prin...

me: "my dog is sneezing"
vet: "here buy some science diet IntraNasal and it will all clear up in 3 weeks"
me: "i'd rather poke my eye out with a fork. see ya!"

:crazy: :D

Prin
November 27th, 2006, 11:21 PM
"ding dong"
*opens door*
"Yes ma'am, we've had reports of animal abuse at this address."

:evil:

technodoll
November 27th, 2006, 11:25 PM
"no animal abuse in this house, no sirree. all the dogs are chained out the back, they never come in!" :D

hazelrunpack
November 27th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Well, despite the fact that you all are being so frivolous in the face of Maika's snot distress (:frustrated: honestly--you guys are heartless!:p ), I am going to offer my wishes that she recovers fully and quickly and doesn't give it to Dakotah! :fingerscr

Prin
November 27th, 2006, 11:31 PM
So should I ask where the Hill's IntraNasal or I/N goes? Nose or mouth?:D ;)

jiorji
November 27th, 2006, 11:33 PM
listen...play nice ladies or I'll have to kidnap Maika and keep her at my house until further notice!

technodoll
November 27th, 2006, 11:35 PM
i promise to be a good mommy and not shove vet kibbles up her nose :o she's my sweet baby-girl! :fingerscr a good night's sleep will give her immune system time to kick the ickies. she's a strong girl. :p

mafiaprincess
November 27th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Dude, it's not even funny. They tried to sell me some yummy Hill's I/D.. I looked at the label and was like HA HAHA HA, sorry I can't...
I'm like I'll make her kibble look appetizing enough if I have to make her soem soup to go on it..

technodoll
November 27th, 2006, 11:49 PM
prin, tell MP she's not trying hard enough and should listen to the vet :D

(totally, 1000% kidding here people!)

Prin
November 28th, 2006, 12:22 AM
i promise to be a good mommy and not shove vet kibbles up her nose :o she's my sweet baby-girl! :fingerscr a good night's sleep will give her immune system time to kick the ickies. she's a strong girl. :p

Aww, but techno.. You were supposed to reply, "Doesn't matter where you put it, it always comes out the other end in double the quantity!"

tsk tsk... :D

mafiaprincess
November 28th, 2006, 01:20 AM
I was like the ingredients in THIS can are supposed to help her tummy? What about her bum after this?? The 3 spoonfuls she got while they tried to get blood were enough for me..

Prin
November 28th, 2006, 01:50 AM
lol yeah, and isn't the rumor that it takes 7 years to pass it? :D

chico2
November 28th, 2006, 08:54 AM
WOW,tons of sickies around here this week,I think I am coming down to Quebec to steal poor abused Maika:dog:
My vet gave me a FREE bag of Medical Dental,after Vinnies teeth had been cleaned,the ingredients were bad,the only thing was the kibbles were HUGE,supposedly to clean his teeth.
HS happily accepted the bag..

technodoll
November 28th, 2006, 09:35 AM
awe chico, that is a good gesture :love:

well the little peanut is still sneezing this morning but not as much, her eyes are still watery but nose not running. i can't tell if she's out of sorts because she's NOT a morning dog, while dakotah was bouncing around arooing his head off and patting himself on the back, maika crawled into bed with me and buried herself in the duvets, grunting and moaning and stretching, ah life is so hard. :rolleyes:

my dogsitter is picking them up this afternoon and i hope she'll be ok... hubby said the poops were fine this morning, no dogs to play with at the park so he couldn't tell if her energy was low or anything.

i worry waaay too much.

How's cider this morning, MP? :)

mafiaprincess
November 28th, 2006, 11:34 AM
We aren't morning people :o
We aren't "up" yet. The vet called though all her blood work was great.. She's loosing fur on her nose think it's a secondary infection and the antibiotic should quit that.

She licked me to death when I went to get up sort of herself like, but she's not been moving around yet to see how she is.

mafiaprincess
November 28th, 2006, 08:39 PM
How's your girly girl coming? Less sneezing?
This evening Cider's been down to near no sneezing at all thank goodness.

jesse's mommy
November 28th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Hey, I was popping in to see how Maika and Cider were feeling. So, how are they? :D

technodoll
November 28th, 2006, 09:14 PM
looks like both girls are recovering!? my dogsitter said she sneezed a few times outside but nothing too terrible, and no sneezes in his house... she came home at 7:30pm and has sneezed about 4-5 times since then (outside and inside). she's now crashed in the bedroom after a looong hard day of playing so i think she's kicking whatever bug she had... strong girly-girl! :D

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Yay for Maika and Cider! :highfive:

technodoll
November 29th, 2006, 10:01 AM
relapse this morning :( she's sneezing again and spraying clear liquid, I can tell her sinuses are clogged up by her snorting and rumbling. poor sweetie. she's fine otherwise though, no fever or anything. now dakotah sneezed too about 4 or 5 times, i wonder if he caught it :eek: .. :frustrated: .. :( At least they have the whole day to sleep and recuperate. it's a beanie-boo-boo!

Hunter's_owner
November 29th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Oh No...The beanies aren't feeling well:(
Hopefully they will feel better and stop sneezing as the day goes on:fingerscr

Prin
November 29th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Did they go to the park yesterday? Maybe that sunk it in further...:o

technodoll
November 29th, 2006, 01:47 PM
yes, the dogsitter took them both out to the park for a while yesterday afternoon, all 3 dogs had a blast... i'm sure that didn't help any :frustrated:

Prin
November 29th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I hope the 3rd didn't catch it.:fingerscr

technodoll
November 29th, 2006, 01:52 PM
well i warned him about the cold, and he said "no problem"... so if his dog gets sick then he can't blame me :evil:

mafiaprincess
November 29th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Cider took a week to go from being blah to sick sick.. Then like 3 days being really sick, and only now is bouncing back. Thankfully less sneezes, though she did one as she ran down the stairs and had a weird breathing thing after.. I think she's getting over it.
Sadly it may take more than a few days for Maika to get better :(