Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Possible new puppy

Rottielover
November 27th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Hi guys....
I have not come to a full decision yet. BUT this little girl might become mine some day.
She is staying with the person who was caring for the litter for now. She loves her. But If I can move into a bigger place in my apt complex she may be mine.
We have named her Maya.
She is 7 weeks old now. And still with momma ( being spayed in 20 days), and her litter mates.
I have seen these pups, and for something that WAS NOT supposed to happen, they are doing really well.
Mom was going to be spayed, in heat, seperate room. Male was going to be shown, that's why not neutered.
My friend went out for 4 hours, a so called friend let them mate without her knowing.
She only found out when her female was 5 1/2 weeks pg.....She spoke to many vets, all said at that duration can be very dangerous to do an emergancy spay.
I have been with her, phone, email, msn, she is doing more for these pups than some COE breeders .
All puppies are going on a refundable spay/ neuter contract. Which means pay more now, get money back once done.
She had a COE breeder right up contracts and everything.
She has put blood sweat tears into these pups, and to find the best homes....Well she has done it. out of 11 pups. 8 are going at 8 weeks, Maya is staying, and 2 left.....maybe.....have to do more reference checks, and they may be gone to....
So without further adew, here is our baby girl, who we both picked out at 5 weeks, when I went to visit,

LavenderRott
November 27th, 2006, 09:33 PM
So, after everything that everyone has told you, the trouble tht you have had with dogs in the past and the things that you have said about COE breeders - your next pup will be from a backyard breeder.

BusterBoo
November 27th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Good luck with your new puppy! she is definitely a cutie!!! :thumbs up

wdawson
November 27th, 2006, 09:45 PM
regardless......he is a sweetie

Rottielover
November 27th, 2006, 09:48 PM
First of all It was written possible, second of all, she is not a back yard breeder. She was unknown to the mating, only found out when the bitch was too far gone. Vets said was unsafe to spay at that time. If it was any sooner, she would have spayed no worries. But for the health of her female, she listened to the vets. Not just one vet.
Yes I have had difficulties in the past, Harley is fine with females...As I said, she is keeping her. If I decide after, I will have her. But alot of thought is going into this.

LibbyP
November 27th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Nothing as cute as babies :cloud9: I love how thick her head is, looks like she has no neck, Love it :cloud9: Good luck with new baby Maya.

LavenderRott
November 27th, 2006, 09:54 PM
So. Both parents have been shown to their Championship, have placed in a working venue, have had hips/elbows OFA'd and have their hearts CERF'd?

Sorry - if the answer to one or more of those is NO - then this is a backyard breeder.

Rottielover
November 27th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Thank you for her compliments, as I said not something I am taking likely. I have spoken with my friend have come to an agreement.
We both want the best home for her. wether it be mine or hers.
I am going back to see my friend and Maya. Her female will be spayed before I go down. Apt already made.
Way before she is due to go into heat again, so nothing will go wrong, and as for her so called friend. That person is no longer part of her life. The guy did it on purpose, so he could have a puppy. Needless to say, he is not getting one. He only admitted to her once she confronted him after she brought her female in to the vet because she thought something was wrong.
I am totally against BYB, always have, worked in rescues, adopted. So to say that this is going against everything I believe. No I do not think it is. She had a choice. If I had been in the same boat, and my dog was in danger with the surgery, I would have done the same thing.

Rottielover
November 27th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Not going to sit here and argue with you sandi...., but since what happened, yes, she is having OFA and elbows done, so parents of the puppies will know. As well as cerfs..... She knows what happened was not supposed to happen, so she is doing what is best, what she can do....

wdawson
November 27th, 2006, 10:10 PM
the way i see this........the pup is born.....needs a family..and a good one....if someone can give this pup a great home then thats great.........a little late to argue about this little guy coming from a byb.....he's here now and he's not going away......

Rottielover
November 27th, 2006, 10:13 PM
MAYA is a SHE, lol

LibbyP
November 27th, 2006, 10:14 PM
the way i see this........the pup is born.....needs a family..and a good one....if someone can give this pup a great home then thats great.........a little late to argue about this little guy coming from a byb.....he's here now and he's not going away......

pppssst I think he is a she (Maya) Very well said:thumbs up

wdawson
November 27th, 2006, 10:21 PM
oooopppsss.........sorry

technodoll
November 27th, 2006, 10:24 PM
she is beautiful! it's unfortunate that a moron "friend" was the cause of this but since the pups are here... and the mom is getting spayed... sigh. gotta take care of the little guys. out of curiosity, how much is she selling them for? both parents have CKC papers?

wdawson
November 27th, 2006, 10:27 PM
oh don't say guys..techno.....:D

technodoll
November 27th, 2006, 10:28 PM
he he he - wayne! :D

Rottielover
November 27th, 2006, 10:35 PM
ok, there were 11 puppies, 4 males, 7 female, all lived, and are very healthy. All have had 1 vacc, deworming. will go home with food, contract, collars, leashes, training manual, and so much more.
Daddy is AKC reg, and will be having all certs done.
Mommy, was from a BYB, no known history, she could not show her, so was going to have her spayed. Male will be shown.
She is selling them 600$, with 250 $ refund once proof of spay and neutere done. Just in the time I have known her, she has spent a hell of alot more than that on the pups, and mommy. To make sure all are healthy. Mom was followed during her PG to make sure all was well. Ultrasound and such.
I was the one who suggested the price to her.

LavenderRott
November 27th, 2006, 10:37 PM
I don't want to start an arguement. But I also don't want everyone who stops in here to read about puppies to think that you are getting a great deal on a good dog. If you want to get a puppy from a byb - that is your choice. But don't try to tell us that the breeder is ethical.

BTW - OFA's and CERF's are pretty much pointless now that the pups are on the ground. The purpose of getting them done is to make sure that dogs that are being bred aren't passing along bad hips, elbows and hearts.

Rottielover
November 27th, 2006, 10:40 PM
here is kayla visiting the puppies to help socialize, and the other one is of kayla with Maya

LavenderRott
November 27th, 2006, 10:45 PM
The bitch is a RESCUE!!!!!

So, her non-papered puppies are going to net her $6,600. If everyone gets their dog spay/neutered - she will still make $3,850.

That must be some really good puppy food.

I'm done now. :mad: :mad:

wdawson
November 27th, 2006, 10:46 PM
i'm no expert on the price of rotti pups..........but i personally thing $600 is alot for a mutt.....a registered dog bread with an unknown is a mutt. as far as her putting out alot more than that on the pups.......so she should..they are her dogs.....regardless if someone else did the breeding.

Prin
November 27th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Wow, that's a nice profit. I should get into the accidental breeding business! Good money to be made. Woo!!:rolleyes:

erykah1310
November 27th, 2006, 10:50 PM
She is adorable! So's the little human :D

I agree that it is unfortunate the way the litter has come about, however, I would rather see the pups go to good homes and momma be spayed immediately than this "breeder" ( i dont know her :shrug: ) ignoring what happened and continue to breed her.

Rottielover, wish you the best with your pup ( if you decide on her)

Prin
November 27th, 2006, 10:52 PM
If the mom wasn't spayed before she went into heat, I highly doubt she'll be spayed now. Not since the owner has realized the potential investment here. I mean, didn't you hear the WOO! before? :shrug:

And what's up with the tails? Since when to they dock them past the hiney? Looks like they're going to have pooping trouble later.:eek:

mafiaprincess
November 27th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Why was a rescue not spayed?

You'd think if the uh, 'breeder' had a show dog, that the bitch would have been spayed way before now.. so oopses can't just happen.

Sounds like a byb no matter what the lady tries to do now.

LavenderRott
November 27th, 2006, 10:53 PM
i'm no expert on the price of rotti pups..........but i personally thing $600 is alot for a mutt.....a registered dog bread with an unknown is a mutt. as far as her putting out alot more than that on the pups.......so she should..they are her dogs.....regardless if someone else did the breeding.

A pet quality rottie pup from an ETHICAL breeder (this includes registration papers, OFA's and Cerf's done on both parents and both parents titled on both ends) is about $800.

Prin
November 27th, 2006, 10:54 PM
I mean, don't get me wrong, puppies are cute, wherever they come from, but I would have thought that somebody who has been through what you have been through, Rottielover, would never get a byb rottie again. I'm just confused, and yes, a little angry.:shrug:

What happened with Harley's aggression issues?

wdawson
November 27th, 2006, 11:09 PM
so i'm right.....$600 is too much for a mutt........or are papers only worth $200.......i'm going with 600 for a mutt is too much.....:D ..i own a free to good home dog(beathoven).and he is the best dog (aside from george).

jiorji
November 27th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Why was a rescue not spayed?




you know SPCA Montreal says that when you pay for your rescue the spay/neuter is included in the price IF you go back to them. They don't end up following up with your snipping.

Pike
November 27th, 2006, 11:28 PM
This thread has run its course and will now be closed, please do not reopen this issue in a new thread.