Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Constant Whining

Mparzych
November 27th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Hi. I am new to this site and had a question.

I have boarded my dogs (jack russell terriers) in the past at the same place with out any problems. But this last time, things were a bit out of the "norm" for my dogs. For example, my best friend took them to the vet (for boarding) and brought them home. I have been home for two days now and Zoey will not stop whining. The other dog is fine, with the exception of having no voice from barking the whole time. LOL! Zoey also shakes for no reason. My friend told me that Zoey was a handful at the vets, barking and also "nipped" at the vet. NEVER have either dog done anything like that except in play?? Has the constant whining ever happened to anyone else after boarding and if so what is the reason, if there is one?? HELP!!!

jawert1
November 28th, 2006, 09:22 AM
I know after the first time I boarded my 2, they were clingy *when* they were awake, which wasn't often the 3 days after their visit. It's a hugely stressful thing for them, especially if they're not accustomed to being part of a large cacophony of howling/barking mayhem. I'd keep an eye on them both, it's possible Zoey was totally freaked out and maybe a bit sore from moving about (I've learned dogs at the boarding kennel are in almost constant motion - new ones to it that is), which is why the vet thing happened. Hopefully things will settle out and welcome to the board :)