Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Cats

numberoneaggie
March 3rd, 2004, 01:37 AM
Here are the pictures of my 'kids' that you said I should post Chico! I hope its ok to put them here and I hope I'm doing it right! I can't figure out how to put all the pictures in this box so I'll start with just one - here's Layla, the mom.

numberoneaggie
March 3rd, 2004, 01:47 AM
This is Layla's daughter from her first litter, Princess.

numberoneaggie
March 3rd, 2004, 01:50 AM
And this is Layla's daughter, Natalie, from her second litter.

chico2
March 3rd, 2004, 09:08 AM
Beautiful pics!!! Layla is sooo pretty!

amaruq
March 3rd, 2004, 09:16 AM
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

numberoneaggie
March 3rd, 2004, 09:28 AM
Thank you - I'm quite proud! By the way, Tiki (the cat that I'm taking care of and who has the open wound on her neck) is at the vet today. She will be sedated and doctored and then they are going to try to find out why she is scratching like she is. This vet seems more knowledgeable than any of the others that I have talked to, so keep your fingers crossed! The fact that he's an Aggie can't hurt, either.........

Lucky Rescue
March 3rd, 2004, 09:42 AM
What gorgeous cats! I just love Abys - they're so lithe and elegant looking!:) Such beautiful coats - and the kittens....!!

Always wanted a purebred cat, but guess it's not gonna happen.:(
How many cats do you have? Do you show them regularly?

numberoneaggie
March 3rd, 2004, 09:59 AM
The three pictured are my kids and then Tiki makes 4. I'm getting very attached to Tiki, so I'm thinking she'll hang around even after she's better.

I only have females and I use my breeding partner's stud. However, my partner's husband is having health problems and they need to downsize, so I may be done breeding (unless there's anyone out there who wants to take care of a stud!).

I love having the babies - they are so cute and so much fun! Layla had three litters and then got fixed two weeks ago. I haven't had a litter in over a year, but Natalie is going to get bred pretty soon. I only breed whenever I already have homes lined up - and usually I have more homes ready than kittens (Layla only has 3 kittens each time).

I do show Natalie on occasion. The 4 silver colors of the Abyssinians were accepted to championship in TICA in May of 2002 and that's when she started going to shows. I felt it was important for people to be able to see her and to help educated people about the genetics of the silver Abyssinians. Natalie championed on the first day of her first show and became the first female silver champion - we were very excited. I also just recently received the 2003 TICA Yearbook and Natalie got third best of color internationally. We haven't been to a show in almost a year, though. I'm very proud of her accomplishments, but its not a really big deal to me. I'm more proud of her personality and how smart she is (she fetches - we can't even get the dog to fetch!).

And that is more about me than you ever wanted to know Lucky!!!!!

Lucky Rescue
March 3rd, 2004, 01:00 PM
Congrats on your girl's wins!:D Yes, personality is most important, but it's a thrill to have others recognize beauty and good breeding!

Forgive my ignorance of purebreds, but do Abys come in agouti? I never saw any kind except the red (is it called red?)

mona_b
March 3rd, 2004, 01:21 PM
OH WOW

Simply GORGEOUS.....I just love the Mommy/Baby pic..:D

A very close friend of the family has one and also a Burmese..

I was hoping you would post some pics.:D

numberoneaggie
March 3rd, 2004, 01:59 PM
LR, Abyssinians come in 4 main colors. Sorrel, Ruddy, Blue, and Fawn. If the cat has the silver gene, these four colors also come in silver. TICA recognizes all 8 colors whereas CFA tells me that my silvers are not even cats. I don't know what they think they are if not cats, but oh well. (Well, Princess thinks she's a person, but that's a whole other story.) Layla is a ruddy, and both Natalie and Princess are Blue Silvers. There are also two new colors of Abbys that I've heard of, Lilac and Chocolate, but I've never seen one. The picture I'm attaching is of Layla's boys from her last litter. Prowler is on the left and Viper is on the right. Viper's picture was in the November issue of Cat Fancy. Prowler is a sorrel, which is sometimes called red. Viper, like Layla, is a ruddy.

wAggie
March 4th, 2004, 09:56 PM
STUN-NING!

keep 'em coming please!!!

:eek: :D :D :D