Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WOW,+16C and sunny

chico2
November 26th, 2006, 02:33 PM
We're having a beautiful day +16C and very sunny(about 62F:confused: ),steaks on the bbq coming up.:D
My son outside Edmonton,Alberta,is freezing at -23C(-10F I think?)

Frenchy
November 26th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Wow Chico2 , the kitties can still go outside,yipeee ! Yes I hear last week in Alberta it was -16 C* daytime and -21 C* nightime :eek:

chocolatecoffee
November 26th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I'm so jealous...

Over here in Calgary it's -24 C (-11.2 F...yay for Celsius/Fahrenheit converters :p), and -34 C (-29.2 F) with the windchill....

I miss summer! :(

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 26th, 2006, 03:33 PM
nice +16 - we are -3 here today Celsius and its been snowing all day - supposed to get to -16this week. :D

chico2
November 26th, 2006, 04:31 PM
All the cold stuff is on it's way here,buy Saturday it's supposed to be +1C,we've had NO snow so far.
I heard BC had quiet a storm and Alberta,but it's expected in Alberta.

Frenchy,we take the kitties out no matter what the weather:cat: but they don't stay long in the cold.

wdawson
November 26th, 2006, 05:09 PM
yea really funny feeling with the christmas lights just turned on and all the windows still open........even power washed all the windows today....now bbqing wings.......best end of nov yet

chico2
November 26th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Yeah,we have everything done for Christmas(no pressies yet!)and the grass might need cutting again,still very green:confused:

rainbow
November 26th, 2006, 07:27 PM
I'm getting the same weather as JECM....snowfall warning 15-20 cm. :frustrated:

http://bestsmileys.com/winter/6.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/winter/8.gif

brandynva
November 26th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Oh I am so jealous of the snow! It was around 65F (18.3C) today. I'm ready for some snow! I work for the school system and when it snows we get a paid day off. And around here, even the THREAT of snow closes schools down. People refuse to drive in it. lol

chico2
November 27th, 2006, 07:46 AM
You'd think people living in the mountains of VA would be used to driving in snow:confused:
We drove in those mountains last month,beautiful!!!

Rick C
November 27th, 2006, 10:46 AM
In Calgary today, its minus 39 Celcius - which is pretty much the same in Farenheit - with the wind chill . . . . minus 25 Celcius without the wind.

Have a nice day!!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Hunter's_owner
November 27th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Oh my goodness!!! That is cold. My brother is in Fort Mac, and it is quite cold there as well. Brrr.

For once, weather wise, I am glad to be in Newfoundland. The past couple of days have been the coldest so far, and it is still about 5 degrees or so:) Friday it is expected to hit double digits again!!!

I love snow and all, but for the first time having my own vehicle, I really don't want to shovel:o

Rick C
November 27th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Oh my goodness!!! That is cold. My brother is in Fort Mac, and it is quite cold there as well. Brrr.

I've also been in Fort Mac when its minus 40 . . .

Back in the 1980's, when I lived in Grande Prairie in northern Alberta, it was minus 50 Celcius one morning . . . . there was another period where it never went above minus 25 Celcius for THREE WEEKS and was minus 40 pretty much every morning through that time. That wears you down.

Its a dry cold here though . . . not a damp cold like you might find out east.

Our small office has a young lass who grew up in Scotland and then spent her high school years and early working years in Sydney, Australia and is encountering her first Canadian winter . . . . and loving it. She's got the whole thing surrounded with big boots, big coat, big toque, big mitts, new skates and plans to learn to ski in the mountains . . . her enthusiasm for the worst cold imaginable is pretty funny.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

technodoll
November 27th, 2006, 12:56 PM
absolutely crazy weather :eek: unbelievable! i'm so glad it's "warm" here, still... 5C right now :o

Dog Mom
November 27th, 2006, 02:31 PM
well we've got about 2.5ft of the white stuff on the ground already and they are calling for a snowstorm tommorrow. At least that means it's going to warm up, it was -28 this morning without the wind chill!! brrrrrrrrr to cold for me

chico2
November 27th, 2006, 03:13 PM
This is our outdoor temp right now:thumbs up but the cold is coming soon,although only +1C or so....

chico2
November 27th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Oops forgot the pic...

brandynva
November 27th, 2006, 03:42 PM
You'd think people living in the mountains of VA would be used to driving in snow:confused:
We drove in those mountains last month,beautiful!!!

That depends on where in the mountains you are. And around here the counties are so diverse with mountains and lower areas, that when teh lower areas close they close down the mountain schools as well. Out of curiousity which part of VA were you at? I between Roanoke and Lynchburg if you are familiar with that area at all....

Frenchy
November 27th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I won't complain about the weather here but it would be weird if we don't get any snow for Christmas :sad: it's just not the same.

brandynva
November 27th, 2006, 04:09 PM
I won't complain about the weather here but it would be weird if we don't get any snow for Christmas :sad: it's just not the same.

We RARELY get snow for Christmas. It's usually so warm we have to open the windows when we are cooking. <sigh> I love snow. http://bestsmileys.com/christmas3/5.gif

chico2
November 27th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Brandy,we came down I 77,stayed over night in Wytheville,on our way to South Carolina,a beautiful drive!!(except for all the dead deer on the highway:sad: )
If we have to have winter,let it snow,it makes everything pretty and fresh,I just don't like -20C too cold!!!!

badger
November 27th, 2006, 08:07 PM
I just spoke to my mother on Vancouver Island and they have no power, portable phones don't work, cells intermittently. The temps are really dipping out there as well, Vancouver got a foot of snow. Whooo!!
You lot in BC (that can hear me): you OK?

brandynva
November 27th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Brandy,we came down I 77,stayed over night in Wytheville,on our way to South Carolina,a beautiful drive!!(except for all the dead deer on the highway:sad: )
If we have to have winter,let it snow,it makes everything pretty and fresh,I just don't like -20C too cold!!!!

Hi Chico! Yes, I'm fairly familiar with that area. That is one of the most beautiful areas of our state, imho. They also get a lot more bad weather than we do. For some reason, as the storm systems move east they break apart over the Blue Ridge Mts, where I am. Anyway, sorry to ramble. But yes, that is a gorgeous area.

Rick C
November 28th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Tuesday morning . . . . minus 30 in Calgary and the wind chill puts it at minus 40.

But it will be very, very sunny today.

Nice!!

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

dtbmnec
November 28th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Hamilton's above freezing too....its kinda creepy actually....

We won't be going down under 0 till Saturday and then only for a few days before it goes right back up.

Its nice....but its almost the end of November....shouldn't there be snow? O.o

Megan

technodoll
November 28th, 2006, 09:46 AM
montreal's high today is 3C, and we're going up to 13C in two days! :eek: but grey and yucky, intermittent rain. my australian hubby actually said this morning "i wish it would snow, i'm looking forward to it". i almost fainted! :D

dtbmnec
November 28th, 2006, 09:51 AM
montreal's high today is 3C, and we're going up to 13C in two days! :eek: but grey and yucky, intermittent rain. my australian hubby actually said this morning "i wish it would snow, i'm looking forward to it". i almost fainted! :D

Snow is evil but....

Its just disturbing that we don't have snow yet....I wonder if its going to be like a few years ago when it really didn't snow until AFTER Christmas....

Megan

technodoll
November 28th, 2006, 09:54 AM
....I wonder if its going to be like a few years ago when it really didn't snow until AFTER Christmas....

and then boy did it ever snow! :eek: i remember looking for our car more than one morning and not being able to identify WHICH white lump was ours! and then the snowplows are coming and the towtrucks are lurking around, your shovel breaks and your car is stuck in the snowbank... :yell: then you finally manage to pull out but have nowhere to park your car for the next 24 hours because all the streets are snowbanks with the orange "no parking" signs! yeah. Viva snow in the city :D

Rick C
November 28th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Calgary, which is a dry place, frequently has "brown" Christmases . . . . not every year but its not unusual.

Cowperson

Hunter's_owner
November 28th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Here in Newfoundland which is known for some reason as snowy and cold, we often get no snow for Christmas. Sometimes we get snow before Christmas but it doesn't last. I find January and February to be the snowiest months.

SarahLynn123
November 28th, 2006, 11:38 AM
It was about -39 again this morning! It is a different kind of cold though, very very dry ( I used to live in Ontario). My hands are burning, cracking and bleeding. Putting cream on is not helping any either, just hurting even more!

One more day then it's suppose to warm up.

I love Calgary!!!!!

Dog Dancer
November 28th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Okay in Vancouver today it's very cold and all the snow from the last two days has frozen into solid ice. Main roads are pretty good, but the side streets you could use skates on! I haven't been bothered to dig my car out and am taking the bus. No doggy day care for Shadow - good thing Daddy's home this week! It's sunny and very cold today (-5 or so) but going to snow again tomorrow. Great.

The upside is the dogs love it. Now if I can make it through a walk without hitting the ground with my butt it would be great.

Rick C
November 28th, 2006, 03:38 PM
There oughta be a law against Vancouverites complaining about snowfall!!! :frustrated:

Meanwhile, for amusement, here's a famous picture from a few years ago of snowfall in Labrador . . . .

http://www.skipressworld.com/images/daily_news/2004/01/trans-labrador.jpg

It's not this bad going through the Roger's Pass west of Calgary but the piles of snow can get pretty huge there as well.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Hunter's_owner
November 28th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks for posting that pic Rick. I was trying to find some pics to show the snow that we have had here a couple years ago, but the Labrador area takes the cake thats for sure:thumbs up

rainbow
November 28th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I can relate to driving through Roger's Pass in the winter.....beautiful as long as the roads aren't icy.

Hunter'sOwner...I don't want to threadjack so I'm going to post my q in the TJT. :o

CyberKitten
November 28th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I hate to jinx our weather but we too in the Maritimes are enjoying enviable weather - mich warmr than usual. We would have snow by this time and while it is not 16C, it has been in the teens last week!!! Usually, it would be somewhere near what Vancouver et al isexperiencing!! Amazing!!!!! I feel for the people out west - tho envy you your normal weather this time of yr - and wish you better weather soon!!

Prin
November 28th, 2006, 05:32 PM
One time I was alone on a ski hill all day. I stayed in the halfpipe because nobody was around, and by the end of the day I had on just a sweater and a tshirt on top. I decided to take one more full run at the end of the day before the chair closed, and the liftie told me I was nuts because it was -44C... Pretty crazy.:D I don't have that kind of tolerance anymore.:o

Dog Dancer
November 30th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Come on Rick we Vancouverites have to complain about something? I have driven through snow like in the picture you posted (well not quite that high, but very close) and no it wasn't in BC. It was at Mount Baker. But we did get over one foot in a single snowfall, and another 4 to 6 inches in areas last night. That's a lot for us.

The problem out here isn't the snow it's the fact that we only get it like twice a year so 95% of the drivers don't have snow tires on and simply don't know how to deal with it - and can't deal with it with their crappy tires. Driving is okay, it's stopping that's hard.

Anyhow, today we're back up over 0 again and it's very mucky but driving is much better. We really do want our rain back in the city.

chico2
November 30th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Well,I woke up this morning to +15C,then it started to rain and quickly went down to +5C,I would much rather have snow than rain,unless it's a shortlived summer-rain.
Talked to my son in Vermillion,ALTA,-36C he took the dog out wearing Long-Johns,Track-suit pants and Jeans:D

CyberKitten
November 30th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I spoke too soon, we have snow!!! Even tho it was 11C this afternoon, weird!!!!

Rick C
November 30th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Its melting in Calgary today . . . . . from minus 30.1 celcius two days ago, breaking a 110 year-old record, to melting at about minus 1 today.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca