Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sweaters for dogs

wdawson
November 26th, 2006, 09:36 AM
why do all the pet stores only carry small sizes.......went looking for sweaters yesterday and all i can find is an xl....staff at the store insist that the xl is his size......well he needs atleast a xxl........now i have to special order one.....are there only small doggies out there ?......ok my rant is over.

Lissa
November 26th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I know what you mean:frustrated:!! Very few petstores carry Dodger's size and when they do, it seems like they order 1 or 2!!! How is that helpful?
I find that Chilly Dogs have the best fit but their coats and sweaters are so much more expensive!

OntarioGreys
November 26th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I agree even the biggest commercial sweaters are a max of 23 to 24 " long which will only fit the tiny female greyhounds around 50 lbs and less.

I adopted Sunny in January and he was 76 lbs nowhere could I find a coat so before I picked him up I had to guess his size and make a coat for him because ordering a custom made coat from the US would take to long. I fould out most other people were using adult sweatshirts as coats because they too could not find coats or sweaters

Frenchy
November 26th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I guess it's for Beathoven ? That means George already have his own ? Where are the pics then ? :cool:

wdawson
November 26th, 2006, 04:25 PM
yea george has his........medium is easy to get.....i'll post a pic

jiorji
November 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM
ummm you could knit him one yourself:o

wdawson
November 26th, 2006, 05:44 PM
ask me to re roof your house....install skylights...build your deck......but.....knit :eek: