Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

what do your pets do when....

jiorji
November 24th, 2006, 11:48 PM
......you are at work/school?

I think i'm gonna make a poll!!:D

My kitties i think sleep most of the time I'm away. They kinda sleep 20 hours of possible 24:o exciting!
I think Peanut occasionally pounces on random things......ummm yeah....so.......how do you keep your cats/dogs busy while alone?

1. sleep
2. chew toys
3. 2 cats play together
4.cat hanging toys
5. crates
6. something else....

Prin
November 25th, 2006, 12:08 AM
1.) sleep
2.) sleep in the window so it's easier to bark at squirrels and pubi sac men.:D

mummummum
November 25th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Bridie likes to hang out in the bathtub. I discovered this when the faucet started to leak and I came home day after day one week wondering how one side of her behind came to be soaking wet. If I stuff a kong with peanie-buttah, she slurp at that for awhile as will Declan. Ceili likes to hang out on the waterbed or on her bed in the livingroom. When Declan snoozes, he likes to wedge himself between a bookcase and my diningroom table. Actually that reminds me, I need to buy another nubby kong. :thumbs up

dtbmnec
November 25th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Well they sleep...

They also play with each other...

Then they decide to destroy the house if at all possible :P (or get up on the fridge)

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

:D

Megan

jiorji
November 25th, 2006, 12:36 AM
heheh cats....:evil:

i mean, i'm not 100% my cats sleep all day. I'm only assuming. For all I know they could be plotting away for world domination http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/086.gif

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 25th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Joey sleeps either on the couch upstairs or the computer room -

I think he might make himself a sandwich sometimes too if we are gone for a while. :D

Puppyluv
November 25th, 2006, 01:09 AM
pops pills apparantly:sad: :eek:

Prin
November 25th, 2006, 01:13 AM
pops pills apparantly:sad: :eek:

Aww. http://bestsmileys.com/sad/4.gif

brandynva
November 25th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Roscoe and Mileva spend the day in their crates. The one time I left Mileva out WITH A CHEWY, she destroyed my brand new book, the box around the Christmas lights :eek: and a newspaper. I think it was spite. :evil: Not sure what we are going to do with Sasha yet. Otis sleeps the day away on my daughter's desk in the sun. Lucky animals.

hazelrunpack
November 25th, 2006, 02:08 AM
I don't know! I'm scared to leave the house!:eek:

jiorji
November 25th, 2006, 02:15 AM
lol hazel they would probably chew and eat the whole bed!:eek:

BusterBoo
November 25th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Both mine will sleep if they think there is no one in the house....otherwise, it is play time in the morning until around 10:00, the a nap...then more play time, then more naps most of the afternoon. On occasion, Buster has been known to destroy running shoes......and yesterday, due to my hubby leaving the front enter closet open.......Buster decided to sample my high heeled black boots, which I bought in Florida, which I paid a fortune for....and which I WILL replace :(

Buster will seek and destroy anything that is left in his path, so this causes the hubby and daughter to be a bit neater :thumbs up

Rottielover
November 25th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Harley sleeps. and chases the cat...I can tell by the way my bed is out of order when I come home.

meb999
November 25th, 2006, 08:49 AM
He usually sleeps and chews his toys...but every now and then....he declares war on the evil paper towels!! :evil: :frustrated:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/meb999/what.jpg

meb999
November 25th, 2006, 08:50 AM
notice the piece of paper still clinging to his lips!! :rolleyes:

Lissa
November 25th, 2006, 09:35 AM
OMG Buster is hilarious!:D

Dodger sleeps in my bed, Minnow patrols the perimeter (which basically means she goes from window to window and spits at the intruders *ahem* squirrels and birds). On occasion Dodger will groom or chase her but poor Minnow has to be a real pain in the neck before he gives up sleeping (I swear Minnow only sleeps 10 hours a day MAX)!

wdawson
November 25th, 2006, 11:30 AM
the cats sleep in the window looking at birds i guess.......george guards the house.....yey right,burgulars would get in ..just not out:D ....beathoven comes to work with me or to gramas house.

Dog Mom
November 25th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Meb - I love how Buster has that "I have no idea how this happened" look.....

cpietra16
November 25th, 2006, 01:30 PM
:D hehehe more like "What paper?"

Winnie sneaks onto the couch and sleeps. She is never on the couch when I am home...she has got to find a way of not shedding...it always gives her away:rolleyes:

Frenchy
November 25th, 2006, 02:23 PM

Priceless ! Nope, not me mom, someone got into our house,I couldn't stop them, yes that's it,the neighbor's cats.........

phoenix
November 25th, 2006, 02:26 PM
i :love: Buster!
What a cutie.

My guys sleep sometimes.. but if they are hyper or I'm gone too long they are destructo dogs ... garbage, their beds, whatever they can tear up. On nice days if I'm not going too long I leave them in the yard where they are much happier- play with toys and chase each other out there.

jiorji
November 25th, 2006, 03:02 PM

LOL hahah
"what? I didn't do anything...it was looking at me funny"

meb999
November 25th, 2006, 03:55 PM
yeah...he's a pretty funny pooch :love:

rainbow
November 25th, 2006, 08:13 PM
LOL....Buster is priceless. :D

springermom0406
November 25th, 2006, 08:22 PM
lol that picture is too cute.

My cats sleep.. the dogs are crated. Springers can get separation anxiety so I'm not sure if or when I want to try leaving them out of their crates. I have tried leaving them just locked in my room a couple times. But they were in their crates when I came home anyway.

rainbow
November 25th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I was so amused by Buster's pic that I forgot to answer jiorji's question. :o

My dogs/cats are only left for a couple hours once a week (sometimes twice) when I go into town. The cats are left in the house and they either sleep or watch out the window. The dogs are outside in a large fenced yard and that is when they dig, dig, dig. :frustrated:

But, now that Chase is on restricted activity and can't play with Logan :sad: :frustrated: when I had to go into town yesterday I left him inside with a knuckle bone and Logan ouside with one. This was the first time they've had bones and I really think they didn't even know that I was gone. :D

Prin
November 26th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Buster rocks! I love it when a doggy's fetish isn't costly though... My old lab chewed shoes till the day she died. Boo: Kleenex boxes (I already posted a video somewhere about it). I'm hoping I can get Jemma to channel some of her anger out on kleenex boxes too. She tends to go for the garbage can these days...:rolleyes: