Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sick Puppy

adavidson
November 24th, 2006, 11:00 AM
I live in Indianapolis, Indiana and recently bought a Blue Nose Pitbull from Califorinia. She has had all her shots and check ups.
Yesterday on Thanksgiving she went outside and when she came back to the house she had a dead animal in her mouth, it smelled awful.
Today when I got her out Crate I could tell that she was not feeling well, she is normally running around wanting to play but today sahe is shaking and just laying around, she would not even go outside I had to carry her out to use the bathroom. What should I do?

hazelrunpack
November 24th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Take her to a vet, please. Dogs can get very sick from tainted meat just as people can.

technodoll
November 24th, 2006, 11:06 AM
off to the vet you go! why take any chances... puppies are fragile and can get sick very quickly. do not wait, pick up puppy and go today - if all is ok then good for you, and if not then you might have saved her life. good luck, please keep us posted, and we love photos here :)

Hunter's_owner
November 24th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I think you should bring her in to the vet.

The other animal may have had a disease, parasite or something toxic in its system that may be very harmful to your puppy.

Leelee
November 24th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I would definitely have a vet look at her.I don't like the idea that she is shaking because she could be going into shock and if so a vet can treat her for it if not left too late.Obviously it has something to do with the dead animal-it could even be laced with poison as some non-dog owners are very spiteful when they want to get rid of dogs in the neighbourhood.Please get her checked out right away.Let us know what the outcome is and good luck.

adavidson
November 24th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I took her to the vet and she does have a fever and is she is being hooked up to fluids and is given some medicine. The vet thinks she will be ok they said it was good that I brought her in right away Thanks sooo much for everyones quick response and help.

adavidson
November 24th, 2006, 01:09 PM
off to the vet you go! why take any chances... puppies are fragile and can get sick very quickly. do not wait, pick up puppy and go today - if all is ok then good for you, and if not then you might have saved her life. good luck, please keep us posted, and we love photos here :)

took her to the vet she is was given some fluids and medicine and Im not to let her eat for 24 hours. Thanks for all your help::) :)

Prin
November 24th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Good luck for her recovery.:)