Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can you find the Pitbull?

erykah1310
November 23rd, 2006, 10:17 PM
This is really interesting...
Be honest and truthfully tell how many tries it took you to find the Pitbull!

It took me 11 tries ( thank goodness im not a politician)

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html

MyBirdIsEvil
November 23rd, 2006, 10:40 PM
I guessed on the second try by process of elimination. The pit bull picture is pretty crappy and it's hard to tell what breed it is because you can't see the ears, head, or face well.

The pic of the pit bull is such low quality I didn't even notice it at first, didn't really look like any identifiable breed. I think it would have made a much better point had they used a more clear and detailed pic, though I agree with what they're trying to show.

I've known several people with American Bulldogs and they're CONSTANTLY being mistaken for pit bulls, even though the majority of them are lankier than pit bulls, and the skin on the face hangs more (usually).

Heck, Walnut is mistaken for a pit bull, and she doesn't have a single short coat, and she looks more like a mini german shepherd with funny colored fur. So it goes to show how much most people know about dog breeds.

(Icon pic is Walnut btw. I wasn't aware HUGE pointy ears and a bushy tail are a pit bull trait, but apparently some people believe they are, lol)

Prin
November 24th, 2006, 12:05 AM
lol a few months ago I looked all over for this.... I finally found it and then in pops erykah out of nowhere with it.:D

I look at it and I'm all, "Can't I just tell you the ones I do know?!" :D

erykah1310
November 24th, 2006, 12:06 AM
lol a few months ago I looked all over for this.... I finally found it and then in pops erykah out of nowhere with it.:D

I look at it and I'm all, "Can't I just tell you the ones I do know?!" :D

lol, yeah im sneaky like that, I like to make people look around for ages and then BAM I take the glory out from under them !:cool:

pitgrrl
November 24th, 2006, 08:23 AM
It took me one try, but now I know why people ask me if the dogs are Presas or Cane Corsos........

Rottielover
November 24th, 2006, 08:38 AM
it took me 2 tries

OntarioGreys
November 24th, 2006, 09:08 AM
I agree with the picture quality, It took me 2 tries , the olde english bulldogge they show is a poor representation it does not have the large head and large jowls

LibbyP
November 24th, 2006, 09:22 AM
First try here, not a really good pic like MBIE stated, I did have trouble with the Presas and the Cane :shrug:

erykah1310
November 24th, 2006, 09:38 AM
I just suck then lol:D
I have to admit I got frustrated with it and just started randomly clicking... but either way, i think it is a good test! Would be interesting if there was one with mixed breeds! ( I would never get it right)

FYI my second guess was the Boxer:eek: You think i would know what a boxer looks like:o

Hunter's_owner
November 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM
FYI my second guess was the Boxer:eek: You think i would know what a boxer looks like:o

The boxer doesn't look that much like a boxer:rolleyes: I think maybe it is a puppy:confused:

meb999
November 24th, 2006, 10:05 AM
yeah, it's definetly a puppy....:cloud9:

I got it on my second try!

Prin
November 24th, 2006, 12:52 PM
I dunno... I think you all know too much. :D

MyBirdIsEvil
November 24th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I don't know too much, I just know several decent pit bull breeders, so I knew which ones were definately not pit bulls.

I'm not an expert at dog breeds, but I can usually recognize a pit bull, lol.
Or an American Bulldog, I know several people with those, so I can usually recognize one of those, though some American Bulldogs can look drastically different than others depending on the lines.

I love bully breeds.

For those that don't know, a HUGE difference between American Bulldogs is size and personality. A 100 lb American Bulldog isn't rare (especially in the males), and they normally range over 60 lbs, unlike pit bulls which should be 30-60 (75 isn't huge or rare but definately out of standard, anything bigger is DRASTICALLY bigger than what they should be).
American Bulldogs also have guarding instincts, which pit bulls really shouldn't have. Pit Bulls can be dog aggressive but shouldn't be territorial or aggressive towards humans, whereas American Bulldogs can be territorial and normally won't allow you on their owners property if you shouldn't be there, somewhat like other guardian breeds. They're also sometimes a bit standoffish (though not aggressive) when meeting new people.

I love both breeds, but they're definately different though they look similar.

Sorry for the long post, I've just seen lots of people mistake American Bulldogs for pit bulls and vice versa, so I figured I would point out a couple differences.

babyrocky1
November 24th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Well it only took me one try cause Im just soooooo smart, just like Michael Bryant... i can memorize numbers! (but then again, he may have written the number on his sleeve)
This is the test that he was caught cheating on... he was shown this by some of his less than intelligent aids, they told him which number to pick, but the reporter from City TV had the graphics department move the pics around! He immediately said number blah blah (dont want to spoil the test for everyone) which would have been the pit bull had they not moved it! Then he proceeded to accuse her of "tricking him" hahahhahah ... it was sooo much fun to watch! Im sure the videos still posted somewhere!

The real scary part though is that bill 132 includes dogs that look substantially similar to a "pit bull" so unless those doggys owners can prove that they are not pit bulls.... under Bryants law they ARE! :eek:

100%doglover
November 24th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Third try here, I went for Presa Canario first, then Cane Corso... Third time was the charm!

Prin
November 24th, 2006, 08:09 PM
lol babyrocky that's awesome. I hope he learned something.:rolleyes:

mummummum
November 24th, 2006, 11:19 PM
That was fun! But, sadly, for all your expert skills and knowledge, you are ALL wrong.

Have you forgotten that a pitbull according to the Law of Bryant's Toyland (formerly known as Ontario) is a child-eating, blood-frenzied, jaw-locking uncontrollable :eek: monster ?

And I didn't see any dawgs that looked like THAT ~did you ? :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 24th, 2006, 11:32 PM
it took me two tries - but werent these pics posted here before- I think I just got luckey cause there are some other dogs that I almost clicked on as pitbulls too.:)