Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Woohoo, Rileys getting an edumication.

x.l.r.8
November 23rd, 2006, 09:59 PM
Well we got through puppy class (I know everyone does) and we got invited to go to advanced. Apparantly we came top and we started lower than bottom (poor social skills prevented him from concentrating on anything else). We has a test today and although he's been a buggar all week he came through tonight. The heel walking was perfect, he didn't even get distracted when they threw toys across his path or when the instructors dog came charging through past him, he got to the end and without prompting I just slowed down and he went into a sit. they placed a bullwinkle in front of him (I thougth this is where it all goes wrong) and I gave the command and he left it. He did all his releases, his stays were perfect, watchme's the best ever and never missed a sit, down, stand command. Now if only he's do all that all the time I wouldn't need more classes. We wern't going to bother continuing with classes but we decided it's a good way to interact with other dogs and it's a more controlled environment, the bit that got us was the working on his off leash. We decided to go the longer route with the intermeadiate class as we don't want to push our luck and we need the teaching more than Riley does. Also it's going to be moving away from treat based learning (something we already had to do as Riley isn't very food motivated). Thanks for listening as we quote proud of ourselves, it's nice to know that the only rescue dog in the class came out smartest :thumbs up

PetFriendly
November 24th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Congradulation, you must be so proud!

mummummum
November 24th, 2006, 11:46 PM
:highfive: :crazy: Yahoo's for both Riley and you! Well done, well done, well done and well done again ! :thumbs up :pawprint:

Prin
November 24th, 2006, 11:51 PM
:highfive: Good job Riley! http://foolstown.com/sm/bis.gif