Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Joey ate something funny

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 23rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
darn it - Joey must have gotten into something on our walk,not sure what I am always pulling him away from stuff on the ground, and I got the burr out of his foot which he tried to pull out with his teeth - he went outside and started eating grass like he was a cow. So I put a call in to the vet - she said just to monitor him - to see if he vomits or has diarreah, or is lethargic.

So far he hasnt thrown up or had diarreah - but now he is napping on the bed by the computer which is typical after we go for a walk - so I dont know if thats lethargic or he is just tired from his walk. He was running around outside just a few minutes ago.

Anyways I will keep an eye on him and will keep you guys updated. Hopefully everything will be ok.

Prin
November 23rd, 2006, 05:23 PM
You didn't see him actually eat anything?

the gang
November 23rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
give joey some pepto to settle his tummy, rosie too the other night ate her supper like a piggy than yup:sick: so out came the pepto, much better!! a vet told me a long time ago this is great for doggies upset tummys good luck brenda and the pins.

Prin
November 23rd, 2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, but sometimes, you want them to puke it back up instead of settling their stomachs.;)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 23rd, 2006, 05:32 PM
You didn't see him actually eat anything?

he ate some of the burr plant that was stuck to his foot that seemed to be when he started wanting to go eat grass.

I pulled him away from a Mcdonalds Bag, a pickle, a squished banana. and some lettuce.

Prin
November 23rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
I'd say wait for more... See if he gets worse.:shrug:

Unless burr plants are poisonous? :shrug:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 23rd, 2006, 05:45 PM
I'd say wait for more... See if he gets worse.:shrug:

Unless burr plants are poisonous? :shrug:

he has pulled them out before - and been okay

he was just outside again eating more grass (the vet said that is natures way of making him get rid of whatever he had - and now he is watching me eat my Naan bread - and hoping I will give him some. :)

Maya
November 23rd, 2006, 06:05 PM
I hope he feels better soon.:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
November 23rd, 2006, 06:21 PM
Burrs aren't poisonous, but they can cause some irritation. Our dogs occasionally get tummy aches if they've eaten one, but nothing too serious, and usually they just toss them later... (on a bed...or hidden in a corner so you have to track it down by smell the next day:yuck: )

Our dogs also occasionally get the urge to snarf up grass like it's going out of style, for no apparent reason--especially in spring and fall when the weather is changing. :fingerscr that Joey didn't get into anything and is just having a 'salad day'.

Hope he's okay!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 23rd, 2006, 07:15 PM
he seems better and is acting like his usual self - why here he is now. :D

he was burping for a bit and I thought he was gonna toss his cookies but he didnt - (maybe I should check my pillow):yuck: :) but so far he hasnt - but he seems like his ol self - which is good. :)

rainbow
November 23rd, 2006, 07:23 PM
Joey just wanted to give you a little scare. :D Glad he's okay. :thumbs up

technodoll
November 23rd, 2006, 07:28 PM
he he - i saw the title of this thread and thought "joey ate a :clown: ?" man that would be a good riddance (of the clown)!

yeah dogs sometimes just snarf grass for no reason, it'll come out one way or another, nothing to worry about unless the grass is covered in pesticide :sick: give da boy a tummy rub for me! :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 23rd, 2006, 07:45 PM
he he - i saw the title of this thread and thought "joey ate a :clown: ?" man that would be a good riddance (of the clown)!

yeah dogs sometimes just snarf grass for no reason, it'll come out one way or another, nothing to worry about unless the grass is covered in pesticide :sick: give da boy a tummy rub for me! :D

nope no pesticides or weed killers in our grass -hence all the weeds :)

Prin
November 24th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Still ok? :o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 24th, 2006, 07:17 PM
sorry I abandoned my own thread - yes Joey is fine now - he is back to his old self - we went for our walk again today - and Joey ate nothing off the sidewalk. :o he didnt throw up yesterday but was sort of gagging on and off all day.

Maya
November 24th, 2006, 09:26 PM
That's good he's feeling better and no green jelly.:p

jiorji
November 24th, 2006, 09:55 PM
I pulled him away from a Mcdonalds Bag, a pickle, a squished banana. and some lettuce.

poor Joey's going to have the McPukes or McPoo:yuck:

hope your tummy's feeling better Joey:cloud9: