Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Prayers and Positive Vibes for my Cat

heyjude11
November 23rd, 2006, 12:49 PM
I never thought I'd be in the position to be the one asking for prayers for my cat Sam, but I guess none of us ever (foolishly) think it will be us.
Sam is 8 years old and altho' born with a heart murmur (about grade 3), he's been healthy all his life.
The other day I opened a new bag of food for him and altho' he'd been 'asking' to have his bowl refilled, he took one sniff and walked away. Of course I assumed it was the food. I returned it the next day for another bag -same response. He also refused to drink water and considering he loves his water that put me in a state of panic.
Yesterday we were supposed to go to the vet but he started eating and drinking, not his normal amount but still an improvement. I cancelled the vet appt. because it wasn't with out usual vet and I don't think the vet he was going to see is as thorough as the vet we always see.
I've been 'supplementing' him with yogurt and he has no problem with that. He's a very picky eater - more picky than most cats. He will only eat the same food he's eaten as a kitten. No treats, no fish, no wet food. He does like yogurt tho', as well as a few other 'odd' human foods which he gets very seldom and only as 'treats'. I've tried every high end food on the market at one time or another (not lately) and he'd either eat around it or throw it on the floor.
Today he ate more food than yesterday and drank more water but still not up to his usual standards. He is not behaving different in any other way. We're off to the vet in less than one hour.
I know that cats usually hide their illness and by the time we notice any difference in their habits they can be in serious trouble.
My heart is in my mouth and my stomach is ... okay, that's not a pretty picture but I'm sure you can well imagine
So please offer up a prayer for my baby today.
Thanks everyone.

cpietra16
November 23rd, 2006, 01:24 PM
:pray: :fingerscr I hope the vet finds nothing wrong:pray: :fingerscr

dogcatharmony
November 23rd, 2006, 01:38 PM
:pray: and:fingerscr for you and your kitty.

Prin
November 23rd, 2006, 02:13 PM
:fingerscr for your kitty.

jiorji
November 23rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
awwwwwww:( I hope kitty's ok:fingerscr

Lukka'sma
November 23rd, 2006, 02:34 PM
Gosh I hope Sam is not seriously ill. Perhaps the vet will have him fit as a fiddle in no time. Please let us know the outcome of the visit. Hang in there Sam

chico2
November 23rd, 2006, 03:31 PM
Good vibes going straight for you and Sam:fingerscr :pray:

BusterBoo
November 23rd, 2006, 03:42 PM
:pray: for Sam......

I am not a cat person, but it does seem like a good sign that he is starting to eat and drink again. Maybe he just had an upset tummy???

Hope the Vet says he's OK! :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
November 23rd, 2006, 05:36 PM
4 hands of :fingerscr and 24 crossed :pawprint:s hoping Sam is okay! Feel better quick, Sam!

rainbow
November 23rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
Fingers and paws crossed for Sam. :fingerscr :pawprint: :fingerscr :pawprint:

brandynva
November 23rd, 2006, 07:03 PM
Hope Sam is feeling better soon. I know how it feels to have an animal off their normal routines. :pray:

LibbyP
November 23rd, 2006, 08:06 PM
Sending all our positive thoughts and prayers your way for you and Sam, hope the vet is able to offer some help and Sam is back to his old self in no time:fingerscr & :pawprint:"s :fingerscr

CyberKitten
November 23rd, 2006, 08:14 PM
All the paws here are crossed for your kitty. What does your vet think? I hope it is nothing sreious!!! :fingerscr

Prin
November 24th, 2006, 12:04 AM
There's an update thread already, here:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=33267
:)

rainbow
November 24th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Maybe one of the mods will close this one. :o