Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rattle, rattle, someone's trying to break out

LM1313
November 22nd, 2006, 10:59 PM
Okay, these cats are getting too smart for their own good.

Their previous feats include learning how to open drawers, cupboards, the bedroom door that doesn't quite latch all the way, and the little sliding door that's supposed to separate the toilet/bathtub part of the bathroom from the sink part. I can handle all that, even when Booster does spend twenty minutes trying to conquer the cupboard with the childproof lock. :rolleyes:

Recently they've been getting enthusiastic about their leash walks. Well, Booster noticed that I take the stick out of the groove of the patio door to open it. He immediately started pulling it out whenever I wasn't looking and trying to push the door open. Thank you, Booster, for making the apartment less secure. :rolleyes: Luckily there's still a lock on the patio door that they haven't mastered.

But Remy has learned to push the kitchen window open partway, which he does whenever I take Booster out for a walk. "That should be ME out there, dammit!" Well, luckily it's a double paned window and I managed to jam sticks in the sliding parts so it won't open. (It has no lock, can you believe that?)

To top it off, today I took Remy out and as we stood on the porch, THE DOORKNOB STARTED RATTLING BEHIND US. :eek: Booster was gripping the doorknob in both paws and trying to turn it! He's way more effective at it than I would've thought (although he didn't quite manage to open the door) . . . and what Booster does, Remy learns how to do, so now I'm locking the deadbolt whenever I go out!

Bad kitties, you're exhausting me! :p

mafiaprincess
November 22nd, 2006, 11:04 PM
OMG, you have troublemakers with a capital T.. Wow, I've heard of little devils but your take the cake! Thought my pup pawing at my door till she could nose it open was devious!

rainbow
November 23rd, 2006, 12:52 PM
Hee hee hee....that is too funny. :D Can't you take them both out at the same time? :cat: :cat:

happycats
November 23rd, 2006, 01:54 PM
I went throught that, and found I had to buy lots of velcro strapping (and also baby devices) to keep important things closed!! My old guy Lucky used to open the fridge and help himself when he was home alone during the day, and god forbid I was late, he would empty the fridge contents onto the floor:eek:

One day you'll look back on it all and laugh!!:crazy:

Cinnabear
November 27th, 2006, 01:00 AM
I thought mine was active, but yours take the cake. :D Good luck with their mischieviousness. They sound like they're a riot. :thumbs up

dtbmnec
November 27th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Ooooh are your two cats brothers or cousins of mine? :D

Leo's tried opening the door...thankfully he's failed...they can open the bedroom door (which also doesn't latch properly...maybe we're in the same building? or maybe had the same builders? :P)...they've mastered the cupboards too...

Megan

LM1313
November 28th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Update! So I hear a noise in the kitchen area and I go to see what it is . . .

http://www.superpony.com/Images/Kitties/2006_11/SocialClimber.jpg

Yes, he was going right for the leashes and kitty toys on the top shelf. UP MY COATS.

dtbmnec
November 28th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Thank you for making my day today....

*giggles for twenty minutes*

If I hung up my coats they probably would do that....but instead they enjoy sitting on top of the fridge....:frustrated:

See?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/dtbmnec/Leo%20and%20Pawz/groupfridge4.jpg

*shakes head* what are we going to do with our cats?

EDIT: Oh dear me I didn't see the picture....Isn't it fun when they pose for you like that? :P

Megan

jawert1
November 28th, 2006, 08:38 AM
HAHAH oh LM, I don't mean to laugh, but goodness, that picture just reminds me of my half siamese kitty that just LOVED to climb anything (including the walls when she got a good tear going). Between you and Kashtin, there's enough climbin' kitties for a circus :)