Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my mon finally accepts her fur"grandbaby"

dogcatharmony
November 22nd, 2006, 07:22 PM
I almost died of embarrasment tonight, still not to sure if i should laugh or cry ( because of my dog's manners). My mother called me today and asked if i could do some errands for her, seeing that she and my sisters were starting to help prepare a early holiday dinner for our church.( a bunch of people volenteer to help cook all the turkeys at their homes). So after supper i dropped by to see how all was going, and i always bring my dog, she just loves to see my neice and nephews. Now my parents aren't "normal" pet lovers, they both grew up on farms and they believe that each animal has a job to do and that is that. They are always telling me how "spoiled" all my animals are, they have too many toys, they dont need pillow beds, they get up on furniture and so on and so on. Anyways we were having a coffee in the dining room and the kids are just laughing like crazy in the kitchen. The next thing I see is Zoe(my dog) hauling butt down the hallway with a 25lb turkey in her mouth heading for the front porch.:yell: I was shocked, the turkeys where in the sink defrosting in cold water, and now my dog is making thief. I got up to go get her and my mother is laughing so hard she is in tears and she tells me, "Don't go and get mad at her, she is only acting like the kids and getting up to no good.......if you yell at her then you had better yell at the kids in the kitchen because i imagine they helped your baby " My nephew then pipes up "No nana, she did it all by herself, she sure must like turkey" Well the laughs started again. In the end my mom said she would keep the dog licked turkey and replace it, but i better make sure Zoe joins us when the turkey is cooked because she will have a plate set for her!!!! What a night.:shrug:

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2006, 08:07 PM
:D I would have loooove to see pics of that ! Your mom has a good sense of humour ! :thumbs up

rainbow
November 23rd, 2006, 03:28 AM
Hee hee....too bad you didn't have a video camera handy. :D Glad your mom wasn't mad. ;)

angeldogs
November 23rd, 2006, 04:31 AM
that's funny.it's good your mom has a sense of humor.

dogcatharmony
November 23rd, 2006, 02:48 PM
the best is listening to the 4,6 and 11 year old neice and nephews tell the story. It sort of sounds like a couple of my dad's and grandfathers fishing stories:angel: My sister tried taking a pic on her cellphone but it is way to blurry, that dog was moving!! I should have known her love of turkey would get her in trouble one day.

mummummum
November 24th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Woohoo for Mom! :crazy: Of course you know by Christmas dinner the kids will be re-telling the story of the live turkey being chased down the hall by Zoe :D

brandynva
November 24th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Oh thank you so much for the laugh!!! I read it to my family and they just about died laughing. I hope she didn't get into tooo much trouble. :angel:

dogcatharmony
November 24th, 2006, 11:50 PM
she gave the turkey up with no fight so there was no trouble. How can you get mad when something like that happens. Hope my mom cooks a ham for christmas, fits in the sink better, no tempting pieces sticking out.

glasslass
November 25th, 2006, 12:57 AM
So, did Mom cook the bird? Have to ask!

LibbyP
November 25th, 2006, 09:19 AM
OH MY GOODNESS, thanks so much for the good laugh, that has to be the funniest story I have read in awhile, score 1 for Zoe and 0 for the big bird ~ that's awesome:D

dogcatharmony
November 25th, 2006, 04:43 PM
yes the bird was cooked , but for home consumption. Right now i am making cappelleti soup. My family isn't afraid of a little bit of dog spit, dog hair( better fibre than bran). Maybe my mom is a bit squemish thou, she sent most of the turkey home with me:D HHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmm think i found a new way to grocery shop:evil: