Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi, I am new and need some help.

KathyT
November 22nd, 2006, 12:28 PM
My 5 year old yellow lab snores! He snores extremely loud. He is louder then any human I have heard. My husband and I are having trouble sleeping because he sleeps in his doggie bed in our bedroom. He is keeping us up all hours of the night.

We have tried booting him out of the bedroom, but he cries and wants to come in with us and sleep in his own bed. We just cant take the sleepless nights anymore. I never heard of a dog snoring?? Is there something wrong with him?

Help!

LibbyP
November 22nd, 2006, 07:18 PM
Hi and Welcome, just a quick (Q) how long have you had your dog? Is this something new he's doing(snoring)? I am by far no expert but as my 140lbs+ dog lays at my feet while on the computer she is snoring to beat the band. She is in a very deep relaxed sleep, no twitching no moving just LOUD snoring. Does your lab have a long pointed nose or kinda square and pushed in? If this is new you might want to call your vet on it and see what they say, but if it's been going on for the last 5yrs I'd say that's just the way he is, good luck, happy sleeping:thumbs up

rainbow
November 23rd, 2006, 02:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. I have a 16 month old yellow lab that snores occassionally when he is in a deep sleep. All I have to do is reach over and nudge him and he stops. I found some suggestions here:

http://experts.about.com/q/Dogs-701/Dog-Snoring-Keeping.htm

BTW, we'd love to see pics of your boy. :dog: