Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help with dog peeing on my bed

story1138
November 22nd, 2006, 12:04 PM
I have a 2 year old male rat terrier who is house broken that has just recently started to pee on my bed. It started about 6 months ago, the dog had slept in my bedroom until one day he peed in my bed. So i got him his own bed and put him out in the living room. This seemed to work for about 3-4 months when I left the bedroom door open and he again peed on the bed. I thought it was a one time thing until he did it again this past week. I'm certain it isnt a bladder infection since he seems perfectly fine when the bedroom door is closed. But as soon as he gets a chancem Bam! there he goes peeing on the bed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rob n Cody
November 22nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
I would definitely get him checked for an infection, as that's probably likely. Quick question though...have there been any changes in your lifestyle or your home lately? Reason I ask is that I started dating someone new a few years ago, and Cody started peeing on my bed as a way to mark her territory with him. She was letting him know that I belonged to her, not him. (Needless to say, that relationship didn't last long!) As soon as he was gone, it stopped. ( I had to keep her out of my room for a while as well, of course)
Sometimes if they get territorial, it can make them do strange things.
Just a thought
R

LynLyn
November 22nd, 2006, 10:04 PM
Let me know if you figure out why your pup is doing that, here's a link to my thread, I'm going through the same conundrum

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=33215

shari
August 21st, 2007, 05:50 PM
I have a 2 year old male rat terrier who is house broken that has just recently started to pee on my bed. It started about 6 months ago, the dog had slept in my bedroom until one day he peed in my bed. So i got him his own bed and put him out in the living room. This seemed to work for about 3-4 months when I left the bedroom door open and he again peed on the bed. I thought it was a one time thing until he did it again this past week. I'm certain it isnt a bladder infection since he seems perfectly fine when the bedroom door is closed. But as soon as he gets a chancem Bam! there he goes peeing on the bed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

my puppy is doing the same thing she is 11 months and every time she is on my bed she pee,s ive been to the vet she had a full phsical and i dont know what to do???? did it stop?? i close my door so she cant do it she dosent do it on any other beds in my house and there is no changes in here...!!! very confussed..

NoahGrey
August 22nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
If she is only peeing in one area of your house...like you bed. It seems like she is peeved at something and trying to tell you something.

ACO22

mafiaprincess
August 26th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Have you thoroughly cleaned your mattress with enzymatic cleaner? If not it may still smell like a toilet to your puppy and drawn it back to keep going there.