Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Minnie's Test Results/Strays at the Complex

Mahealani770
November 22nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
Hello everyone!

Well, a few weeks ago when we got Minnie's shots done (she's the stray cat I rescued from the gas station, for people who don't know) they also gave us a box to put some of her fesces in to mail off to a lab somewhere. I wasn't with the wife when all this went down so I'm not sure what kind of testing they do on the fesces, but we got a post card in the mail lastnight that said Minnie does not have feline leukemia..Yay! :D
But I want to know if she has any kind of worms and I'm wondering would they have tested her for worms and let us know if she had any by the fecal sample we sent or not? We have to take her back this Saturday for round two of some more shots so I'll ask then, but I was wondering if anyone might know here?

Also, there is a lady in our apartment complex that just ADORES Nicky (Our Pomeranian, for people who don't know) and while we were out walking him the other night we saw that the same lady who loves him, has a HUGE cat tree, blankets everywhere, food bowls everywhere, and baby baskets and all on her little padio! So, clearly she takes care of the stray cats in the neighborhood and it made me feel so relieved and warm inside to know that she is doing that. What an angel she is! :angel: I feel such pain when I see the stray cats running around because I'd love to take them all in. As a matter of fact, that beautiful calico that I told you all I had my eye on? She was laying in the cat tree on the lady's padio! So, she's being taken care of. Anyway, I'm going to go pick up some blankets and cat food and things to help out her "stray cat cause" because it is getting so cold and I want to do something to help her :D
If we had a padio attached to our apartment, I'd do the same thing!
~M~

Prin
November 22nd, 2006, 02:30 PM
Yey for your kitty! :cloud9: And Yey for your neighbor. :angel: :)

Mahealani770
November 22nd, 2006, 02:50 PM
Awe, thanks for the comment Prin! I was beginning to think I got black listed there for a minute lol :( Nobody has been answering my questions or making any comments for me lately :shrug:

Prin
November 22nd, 2006, 03:25 PM
lol No, eveybody loves Mahealani! :) There have just been too many posts the past few days and it's hard to keep up (even for me :D).

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2006, 07:25 PM
Awe, thanks for the comment Prin! I was beginning to think I got black listed there for a minute lol :( Nobody has been answering my questions or making any comments for me lately :shrug: awwww,we do love you ! :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
November 22nd, 2006, 08:40 PM
Yes we do. Lately, I've been reading as many threads as I can but not posting much. I loved the reports that Nicky and Minnie were playing (when they thought they weren't being watched!) LOL!

Good news on Minnie so far! :thumbs up

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2006, 09:33 PM
And BTW, I just don't reply when I don't have anything clever to say :o (that is why I mostly post on the threadjack thread,anything goes there :p )

badger
November 22nd, 2006, 09:37 PM
On the subject of worms, take along a fecal sample when you go for her shots. You should get the results before you leave the office or at least the same day (if they're really busy). If there are other things going on with the cat which may indicate worms - pot belly, chronic diarrhea - then they would probably worm her anyway, but they might also ask you to bring a sample in a week later, since it might just be one of those times when she wasn't shedding anything.

rainbow
November 22nd, 2006, 10:26 PM
So now your neighbourhood has three angels......you :angel: the wife :angel: and your neighbour. :angel:

Mahealani770
November 30th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Awe, thanks everyone! :grouphug: I feel the love :cloud9: