Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ontario

erykah1310
November 21st, 2006, 09:59 PM
Jeff Foxworthy on Ontario:

If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you live in Ontario.

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you live in Ontario.
If you instinctively walk like a penguin for six months out of the year,you live in Ontario.

If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you live in Ontario.

If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Ontario.

If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in Ontario.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE ONTARIAN:

1. "Vacation" means going South past Toronto for the weekend.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and then back again.
5. You can drive 110 kph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
6. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
7. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
8. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
9. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
10. Down South to you means Toronto ...
11. Your 1st of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost
12. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
13. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."
14. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Ontario friends

jiorji
November 21st, 2006, 10:04 PM
.............who comes up with that stuff?? 75% of it is either not true or makes me think "umm what do you mean??" or it's valid for other provinces too lol

but the parka and shorts thing made me think of Yonge and Finch and/or Scarborough....Missisauga...Ajax?!?!....*shrug*lol

Hunter's_owner
November 22nd, 2006, 06:57 AM
I read this before but it was "Signs you live in Newfoundland":confused:

2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and then back again.
5. You can drive 110 kph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
6. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
7. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
8. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
11. Your 1st of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost
12. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
13. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."

These are the ones that apply to Newfoundland (when you replace deer with moose).
As for the switching from A?C to heat in one day. It describes the last week or so wether wise for us:eek: 2 days ago it was 17 degrees, yesterday started warm and ended up down to 2 degrees.

pug lover
November 22nd, 2006, 07:15 AM
:D too funny:rolleyes: which other provinces does this reflect??:rolleyes:

Prin
November 22nd, 2006, 01:17 PM
lol Reflects Qc too...

You Ontarians, always thinkin' yer special.:D

trippincherri
November 23rd, 2006, 12:09 AM
Definitley fits Alberta too lol.
Well most of it.
I had to laugh at the one about doing 110 through 2 feet of snow, cause thats how it is where I live. I drive a car and sometimes I HAVE to go that fast to get through the drifts on the highway.
You know what gets me though?
Is we have snow every single year,but yet 1st snowfall it's like everyone forgot that snow is slippery and wet and half the towns in the ditch,or sliding through stop signs or hitting curbs!! Uhhhh gee what did you think this year it was gonna be a " dry snow"? Funny creatures humans are.

~michelle~
November 23rd, 2006, 02:37 PM
If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Ontario.
-done it:D

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE ONTARIAN:

1. "Vacation" means going South past Toronto for the weekend. kinda true :)
2. You measure distance in hours. yep
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once. a few :sad:
4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and then back again. so often!!!! :D
5. You can drive 110 kph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching. nope, i hate driving in the snow.... but i dont drive too often
6. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. My mom has, i dont have kids (only the furry kind)
7. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow. hahaha totally true on many london streets
8. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction. ummm i think of them as freezing, bioling and the 2 days of nice in between :shrug:
9. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce. hahaha my dad had so many lawn gnomes and statues on our lawn :clown:
10. Down South to you means Toronto ... not quite
11. Your 1st of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost not that bad.....
12. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car. i live in an apartment building no apartment no snow removal for me :thumbs up
13. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly." not too bad especially it march zero then is t shirt weather !! :highfive:
14. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Ontario friends YEP!

Rottielover
November 23rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
LOL, good to know, I am heading to windsor in a month