Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need Sturdy Toys

zosiazhouse
November 21st, 2006, 10:44 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this...have 2 jacks :dog: and a box of pieces of toys...lol...nothing I found is sturdy enough for them...Combat Frisbee works for tugging together, so I bought $100 worth of Combat from the States....and guess what?...all the stuffing is out and all over the house...can't believe the amount of stuffing in one of those...long threads everywhere...these stars hadn't lasted for 2 weeks. Popcorn is a 12 year old girl and Charlie is about 3. They play well together but need toys that will last. I found this site totally by accident, maybe that's a good thing...a light at the end of the tunnel and 2 happy, tugging, snarling jacks with the TV set turned up...lol. Not to mention the cat :cat:that Charlie goes after...she's lasted the longest in the toy department, but there's only so much fun he can have before she :queen:slaps him numerous times, hisses and gets out of his reach....will come back in a few days and see if anyone has any ideas....thank you :fingerscr

technodoll
November 21st, 2006, 10:48 PM
hi and welcome to the board! your furkids sound like a fun handful :p

have you tried Fire Hose Toys? http://www.kyjen.com/dogtoys/page_01.shtml

they are sooo tough, huge dogs can play tug-of-war with them for hours without putting a dent in one...

good luck! :crazy:

dmc123
November 22nd, 2006, 07:24 PM
My dogs are rough on toys....cheapest ones don't last 5 minutes in tact, but they still love the pieces. But I tried those Fat Cat toys, and they are tougher to tear up. They love them. Nothing is indestructible unless it is made of something they don't want to tug or chew on.

Try the Fat Cat toys, they might do the trick for your dogs. Mine are getting news ones for Christmas.

Oh, you can google sites that sell them, but I have found them cheaper on Amazon.com.

Diane

jesse's mommy
November 22nd, 2006, 07:48 PM
My terror got through the fatcat in a day. :sad:

:rip: fatcat