Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pitbull vs akitas

technodoll
November 21st, 2006, 08:34 PM
ho boy, the kids got to play with their best friend Byron again, yay! it's so hard to take good photos, they just move all the time and won't hold still, grumble grumble.. And don't anybody tell me two intact males can't be the best of friends... i know different (insert smiley face)

Maika & Byron (who's waiting for me to drop his ball)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/byron%20and%20beanies/byronpeanut.jpg

Dakotah & Byron, best of buddies:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/byron%20and%20beanies/byronbean.jpg

The boys sharing a tennis ball, as usual:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/byron%20and%20beanies/buddies.jpg

Random tongue photo:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/byron%20and%20beanies/tongues.jpg

The three musketeers:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/byron%20and%20beanies/3friends.jpg

Gimme the ball! gimme gimmeeee!

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/byron%20and%20beanies/kissy.jpg

OK not funny anymore... GIMMEE

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/byron%20and%20beanies/gimmetheball.jpg

he he guess who has the bigger mouth to hide the toy, eh?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/byron%20and%20beanies/giveittome.jpg

jiorji
November 21st, 2006, 09:46 PM
umm can my kitties come play too???:o

erykah1310
November 21st, 2006, 09:47 PM
TD, do gorgeous dogs always surround you??? I mean your Akitas are amazing, that Pittie is the dang cutest I have seen...
Whats the deal?? Do you pick your friends ( or preferred family members) by the cuteness rating of their dog???

As usual wonderful pics!
:thumbs up

~michelle~
November 21st, 2006, 09:51 PM
dakota is intact?

technodoll
November 21st, 2006, 10:09 PM
umm can my kitties come play too???

i asked the dogs, and they said all declawed, toothless cats with three legs are very welcomed :D

TD, do gorgeous dogs always surround you???

LOL LOL erykah you're too sweet :p aren't all dogs good lookin' when they are woved?

dakota is intact?

yes, he still has his furry plums for now. we like him that way, the big virgin! :D actually his breeder might want to put him in the show ring next year... so we wait to see what happens. he's a "mismark" but if structure & movement are good... ya never know! :thumbs up

byron the pitbull's owner is one of those "old school" people who don't believe in neutering... i gave up trying to tell him why he should never breed any dogs, ever :frustrated: (he used to stud out his other pitties a long time ago)

erykah1310
November 21st, 2006, 10:12 PM
dakota is intact?

WOW, I cant see them?? YOu have an eye for doggie ...well
what an eye!:D

~michelle~
November 21st, 2006, 10:31 PM
oh lala showing dakotah.. fancy!!! i was just wondering Im a nosey magee, and i thought it was strange, that you TD of all ppl had an intact dog, but if theres a good reason, then thats cool :) not that its really any of my business.... good luck to dakotah next year (if he goes for show) you can have a pets.ca cheer squad!

erykah1310
November 21st, 2006, 10:33 PM
:confused: but how did you know he was intact??? :confused: thats freaking me out!:o

technodoll
November 21st, 2006, 10:37 PM
erykah, michelle has Special Powers! :D

(ok... i did say in the beginning of my post before the photos that i have proof two intact males can get along fabulously :D ) sorry michelle! but she would have figured it out... eventually... riiiight erykah? giggle!

dogcatharmony
November 21st, 2006, 10:53 PM
:sorry: not to start anything, and trying to be a polite as i can be.....is this a joke???? If a "newbie" had posted pics about two intact males what would have been said then? I don't find this amusing seeing this is suppost to be a pro-neuter/spay bulletin board.:sorry:

trippincherri
November 21st, 2006, 10:55 PM
Awww you know your a pet lover when you have a whole side table dedicated to pet photos. My family (and spouse's) tease us because we have pics of the "kids" around the house.
I always tell them it's because I like my animals much more then most people I know!!
Very cute photos also, your dogs always look so smiley.

jiorji
November 21st, 2006, 11:30 PM
i asked the dogs, and they said all declawed, toothless cats with three legs are very welcomed :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: HORRID!

let me check...no we're not qualified to play with Maika and Dakotah:( awwwww:sad:

technodoll
November 21st, 2006, 11:47 PM
jiorji, i told them they're bad kids and will get no cookies for that comment. your kitties are safe :D

jiorji
November 21st, 2006, 11:51 PM
hahahaha ok

i'll come play with them without the cats

technodoll
November 21st, 2006, 11:56 PM
i can't wait for you to meet them! :crazy:

angeldogs
November 22nd, 2006, 02:36 AM
Wonderful pics.Thats a good looking pit.and the kids look good as usual.

Hunter's_owner
November 22nd, 2006, 08:03 AM
More pics, yay!!!:cloud9:

I think the pic where Dakotah and Byron are "sharing" the ball is hilarious!!!:D

Hunter's_owner
November 22nd, 2006, 08:09 AM
:sorry: not to start anything, and trying to be a polite as i can be.....is this a joke???? If a "newbie" had posted pics about two intact males what would have been said then? I don't find this amusing seeing this is suppost to be a pro-neuter/spay bulletin board.:sorry:

Well, in this case, Dakotah is not neutered because neutered dogs cannot be show dogs. But there is no intention of TD ever becoming a byb. Spaying and neutering is advocated because of all the animals that are in need of loving, forever homes. Some people who don't spay or neuter their animals are irresponsible owners and often mistakes happen and it is sad to see puppies suffering, or ending up in bad homes because of it. Or even worse, when people knowingly don't spay or neuter with the intention of breeding.:rolleyes:

My uncle has shown dogs for a very long time, so he has at one point had 2 non-spayed females (mom and daughter) and an intact male (not the sire) and never once did any mistakes happen, or evem come close to happening. Also, as soon as their show careers were over, the dogs were spayed/neutered.

chico2
November 22nd, 2006, 08:32 AM
I too notice little"thingys'hanging around in that one pic:D but then I thought it was his paw,then I noticed a fifth paw:D :D
Dakotah is certainly beautiful enough to show:love:

technodoll
November 22nd, 2006, 09:32 AM
thank you H.O... we had Maika spayed before her first heat for a reason :) It's unbelievable how many people ask us "oh so you have the male and the female, when are you having puppies?" - and my answer is always a forceful "NEVER, there are thousands of unwanted dogs being PTS every week in this country, why would anyone want to contribute to that misery? breeding is for professional breeders only!"

so yeah the ONLY reason to keep a dog intact past a certain "maturing" point is if the dog has show potential and that will be up to the breeder to judge, In the meantime we have a non-breeding contract, a non-breeding philosophy, our dog is under lock and key so I think everything is under control... :)
]

springermom0406
November 22nd, 2006, 09:35 AM
Great pictures!!! All the dogs are just beautiful. :thumbs up

~michelle~
November 22nd, 2006, 11:02 AM
TD why did you have to tell eryka?!?!.... i wanted her to think i had superpowers.... but i guess super powers for spoting intact dogs isnt the best one though, i want to be able to fly!!!!

LibbyP
November 22nd, 2006, 12:08 PM
Glad to hear you fully explain why Dakotah is well 'the way he is' :thumbs up Splash is one beautiful lady, I'd take her. Now Panda you can have him, handsome just not for me:shrug:

mummummum
November 22nd, 2006, 01:37 PM
TD why did you have to tell eryka?!?!.... i wanted her to think i had superpowers.... but i guess super powers for spoting intact dogs isnt the best one though, i want to be able to fly!!!!

I'm jus trying to imagine the Super-Hero costume involved for "And she can spot an intact male at 50 paces...":eek:

Beautiful beanies and Byron of course. Shows you how little I know though, I would have sworn on a stack of kibble bags he was a boxer-mix.:o

technodoll
November 22nd, 2006, 01:42 PM
Splash is one beautiful lady, I'd take her. Now Panda you can have him, handsome just not for me

oh! but if only you met the big goofus... he would win your heart over in an instant. this is the first time we met him in Feb 2004, after like 30 seconds! it was love at first sight, and we :pray: his son would have the same happy, joyful temperament... and our wish came true! :cloud9:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/pandaandre.jpg

LibbyP
November 22nd, 2006, 02:03 PM
I think I like the dark mask or no mask at all like Cannon best that's all:shrug: I'm just going on looks and colour of course in person that's a different story

chico2
November 22nd, 2006, 05:00 PM
TD,ALL the dogs at your breeder are stunning,I especially like the dark brindle one,Kanoko,but they are all stunning.
I too could have sworn Byron was a BoxerX,at least in the first pic:confused:

erykah1310
November 22nd, 2006, 05:02 PM
K funky thing happening to me again with the site But backon topic

I feel so dumb :o I gotta start reading a bit more, I just get caught up in the pictures. :o

I was REALLY confused as to how she could tell and I looked and looked and didnt see a darn thing.... :o

Note to self... pay closer attention. :thumbs up

technodoll
November 22nd, 2006, 08:25 PM
not really, it all depends on the pedigree and the dog's individual strengths, health clearances, temperament and what he produces.

Don't forget... there are many CH titled dogs who have and pass on lousy temperaments, produce genetically defect offspring, have hereditary faults that are maybe not apparent but get passed down (recessive genes), have weak pedigrees, barely pass (or not even!) the basic health clearances, etc.

wdawson
November 22nd, 2006, 09:35 PM
nice pics.......byron looks like a boxer x.........all great looking dogs

technodoll
November 22nd, 2006, 09:53 PM
Byron looks like a boxer mix in these photos, but not in real life :D however, seeing that he was the runt of the litter from a puppy-mill, that his ears are not cropped and he's a big goof... yeah, he's not super "typey" :o

wdawson
November 22nd, 2006, 10:04 PM
still a cutie though

erykah1310
November 22nd, 2006, 10:08 PM
I have decided that I am no longer going to post in this thread..:( It has caused nothing but mass confusion for me and now I feel really dumb :o
I thought, that Byron was one of the dogs in Dakotas family site... I looked and looked and couldnt find this akita that everyone thought looked like a boxer... yup, brain farting!

Im on the right page NOW, but have decided it is best for my health to leave this thread alone.:o

Twas fun:D

technodoll
November 22nd, 2006, 10:10 PM
he's a rambunctuous sweetie :love: his owner (our dogsitter and good friend) lost his previous staffie to kidney disease - a congenital malformation - it was sudden after a few months of illness, the poor boy was peeing so much blood every day, had transfusions, meds, etc... he was sooo devastated and sobbing like a child, he could not go home to an empty house after his boy was PTS so he stopped at the only place he knew and asked for a pitbull, Byron was the only one left cuz nobody wanted the little runt... and that was that. :o

technodoll
November 22nd, 2006, 10:12 PM
but have decided it is best for my health to leave this thread alone

oh girl you crack me up!! :D let me send you a virtual cheesecake for comfort, would that be ok? :p

wdawson
November 22nd, 2006, 10:16 PM
:eek: thats a sad and happy story all in one......

technodoll
November 22nd, 2006, 10:23 PM
yeah... everybody has a story behind all those happy furry faces :o

erykah1310
November 22nd, 2006, 10:26 PM
oh girl you crack me up!! :D let me send you a virtual cheesecake for comfort, would that be ok? :p

~~~sneaks in for one last word~~~~~ Yeah:(

rainbow
November 23rd, 2006, 05:05 AM
Hmmm....another thread I missed when I was away from the board for a few days. :o Beautiful beanies as always. :cloud9: And Byron is cute too. ;)

meb999
November 25th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Beanies are gorgeous (as usual)! I see how you could say that it was love at first sight with Panda...he's breathtakingly (is that even a word?) beautifull. Not quite as handsome as Dakota, but close ;)

I wish Buster could play nice with other dogs...