Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Teething Tips?

Aimster
November 21st, 2006, 08:33 PM
Hey,

My kitty Kip is losing her baby teeth and I'm looking for any helpful tips on how I can maybe help with any pain she might be having or anything to help stimulate her mouth. Her top two canines have fallen out and are coming in pretty good already. She has taken to sucking on our 4 year old male cats throat. Now that we know she's teething, might that be a way of her making her teeth feel better? It's not hurting him but it's making this throat awfully wet haha.

Thanks

dogcatharmony
November 21st, 2006, 10:58 PM
For both my cats and dog i used a frozen wash cloth and what I called a "nubbie bone", it is a kind of rubbery puppy bone with little bumps and some flavoring in it that both my animals just loved.

mummummum
November 22nd, 2006, 01:29 AM
Frozen washcloth all the way with my grrrls. I use baby washclothes as I found them less likely to have their threads/ nubbies pulled out by gnawing gummies. Poor darlin':sad:

Scott_B
November 22nd, 2006, 06:08 AM
Give him frozen carrots. Great to gnaw on and feels good on those gums.

You can find a ton of puppy teething toys at the store, but as stated above, a small towel with a not tied in it, then frozen. You can even soak it in a lil chicken/beef broth to make it have a nice taste and encourage chewing on it. Good luck :thumbs up